BBL06 Discussion

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Thunder vs Sixers to kick it off tonight.

Are they seriously not showing the first hour in HD because of The Project?..

Sixers win by 9 wickets, Henriques was the star with 76 of 40 balls. Great captains knock.

Anyone else looking forwards to tonight's game, will be good to see how Lynn, Cutting, Burns and Mccullum go.

The Heat still have jack all in the bowling department.

Yeah you could argue that we have the best batting lineup in the comp, but our bowling is probably the worst

Hoping Alex Ross scores some runs. Had a great year for the Strikers last year.

First Heat game about to start.

Strikers are the team to beat.

Weatherald- Smart and can hit a mile. His 141 for South Australia in the One Day comp was huge and a rapid 96 in the Shield Final.

Alex Carey- will bat up the top of the order and is impressive.

Jono Dean- great strike rate.

Head- well if he didn't score another run ever he could live off New Years Day and the unsinkable game. Seven sixes from 14 balls to win doesn't happen too often. 51 to win- Just get them on my own off the three overs.

Hodge and Dunk- experience.

Richardson- wicket takers and pressure builder. Ex Bull Ben Laughlin bowls a lovely slower ball. Rashid should be playing for England and he's the man the Heat need to take down.

Heat

Have hitting. McCullum batted well last week in the warm up but was rusty having not played since February. Lynn coming back from shoulder but everyone has seen how clean a hitter he is when he gets going.

I think Labuschagne will surprise at this format.

Cutting was hitting huge in the warm up game and I think his batting will go past his bowling this year in this format. Reardo can still hit a mile too.

Two key Heat bowlers- Steketee and Fekete. Although Swepson and Bradee slowing the game will be good to see.

Wildermuth- love watching him in the Shield, I think his slower ball might get some guys and he takes vital wickets. Interesting to see how he goes.

What the Heat do have is accurate bowlers who have great variety. No one is express but they're smart.

1. McCullum
2. Peirson
3. Lynn
4. Ross
5. Burns
6. Cutting
7. Floros
8. Wildermuth
9. Steketee
10. Swepson
11. Badree
12. Fekete

Three spinners!

McCullum starting pretty well. 30 off 10

Pearson out now for 46 off 29. Heat 1/90 after 8.1

McCullum out for 42 off 21.

Ross with an awesome 64 off 36. Started slow but kicked on. Top signing. 5/206. Plenty for the bowlers

Last edited:
Heat get 200+. They will need it with our mediocre bowlers.

Great batting by all the boys, McCullum, Peirson, Lynn & Ross.

Great watching Alex Ross, 64 runs of 36 balls with 4 sixes. Heat really need him to deliver this season if they are to be competitive. Ross always impresses me whenever he bats and he has a lot of talent.

How bad is our bowling? Is it non-competitive?
Badree is fairly good isn't he?

Dunk dropped by Steketee and then smashes 20 off the next over.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Lurker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • jd87
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.