Be Righter Than Mr. Wright

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
During the summer I'm going to post a statement at the start of each match (worth 5 points) and then the start of each day (worth one point). Basically I'll ask pose a statement which will be a prediction. If you match me and we get it right you get one point, but if we get it wrong you'll lose 0 points. However if you go against me and you get it right you'll get two points, but if you get it wrong you'll lose two points. The same goes for match statements which are worth 5 points.

For eg.

First test Challenge:

An Australian batsman will have a higher individual score than a South African batsman.

Mr. Wright says no.

Ponting scores 134 in the first innings and Smith Scores 129 in the second innings. They are the highest scores by individual batsmen in for the match. All those that said no with Mr. Wright will get 0 points. All those that said yes (against Mr. Wright) will get 5 points.

Day Challenge:

The toss will turn up heads.

Mr. Wright says yes.

the toss turns up heads.

Those that said yes with Mr. Wright get 1 point each, those that went against Mr. Wright (Tails) get -2 added to their score.

I hope that is as clear as mud for you.

You can join at any point in the summer, but you will join the person with the lowest score. I'll keep a tally and keep it as updated as possible.

Australia v South Africa 1st Test Match Statement (5 points).

The highest South African run scorer at the Gabba is John Waite with 119 runs.

Statement: By the end of the first test South Africa will have a new highest run scorer at the Gabba.

Mr. Wright says "yes"

Australia v South Africa First Test Day One Challenge (1 point for 2 points against):

Statement: More than 3 wickets will fall before the close of the first session.

Mr. Wright says "no"

Yes to the statement

Yes to the challenge

oh this concept sounds fun. But I don't watch Cricket :(

Firstly mr wright what a great idea, well done mate,

Yes to the statement

Yes to the challenge

No to statement.

Yes to day one challenge.

Yes to statement

No to say one challenge

(Bolding stuff might make it easier to read)

Nashy bro, I think you are lost... this is the cricket forum. :winky:

Yes to the statement.

No to the challenge.

Day 1 Update

Mister Wright 1
Nashy 1
ningnangnong 1
Porthoz -2
simmo77 -2
broncos4life -2
Meat77 -2
Hitman -2
Fozz -2

Day 2 Challenge:

Amla will score 150 or more.

Mr. Wright says "no".

If the day is washed out the challenge is still active. A lot to consider for this challenge.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Bish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Lurker
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.