Beau Ryan reportedly off The Footy Show after alleged affair with Lauren Brant

As with the Ashley Madison hack, I dont give a ****. That's on their conscience, if they can live with their choices then I ain't gonna judge.

Spare a thought for the other people though...

Depends how far you want to go with that. We are also fundamentally animals that are wired to compete with each other, cheat, steal and murder in order to get what we want. We only cooperate because it helps the ultimate goal. Do we let that be "okay" too? You call it an imposition of society & religion, I call it being civilised.
I'm sorry... what? Where is the science supporting that assertion?

You call it civilised, I call it religious sanctimony. The same religion that fought so hard to prevent divorce becoming legal.
I don't condone cheating, as in doing it in hiding behind your partner's back, because I believe in honesty and respect, but I have no issue at all with people calling it quits and moving on, with or without common accord, signed paper or not.

Not that this matters or that cheating is necessarily about this, but... I'd bang Kara 100 times before I'd touch Lauren.

Oh I dunno ......Lauren has certain qualities that I for one find quite appealing.

258A620A00000578-2947273-image-m-8_1423581956015.jpg

Are you all serious? That Lauren bird has a mans body. Ok, that explains why Porthoz likes her but I'm surprised by the rest of you

I don't think I wilI notice if he leaves anyway .I haven't laughed at a Beau Ryan joke in about 2 years . The footy show is old and stale . Good riddance to bad rubbish maybe a new format is the way how about talking about the footy for once .

Well you are welcome to her boys, I prefer women that have outgrown their training bra.

I'm sorry... what? Where is the science supporting that assertion?

You call it civilised, I call it religious sanctimony. The same religion that fought so hard to prevent divorce becoming legal.
I don't condone cheating, as in doing it in hiding behind your partner's back, because I believe in honesty and respect, but I have no issue at all with people calling it quits and moving on, with or without common accord, signed paper or not.

There's some pretty compelling evidence in this thing called "history". You've been around long enough to watch a few civilisations thrive and succumb ;) Before you go blaming religion for that too, I'll argue straight up that religion has for sure been used as a way of justifying it, but you can be pretty sure that human nature, specifically greed & power, has driven it.

Again, I say how far do you want to go in terms of justifying actions with "it's human nature"? It's basically at the core of why I am more dismayed with humanity every day. It's starting to lean way to far on the side of individual "freedoms", what people believe they're entitled to, and the lust for instant gratification. In this case, people willing to sacrifice their long term well being and relationships for a quick **** right now. "We weren't meant to be monogamous". I'll agree with you in that some relationships just aren't meant to be, and ending it mutually and maturely may be the best outcome. But it should be the exception rather than the rule - it might seem the best option at the time but there's a lifetime worth of mess and heartache, especially if kids are involved. That doesn't mean I support people staying together even if the kids are subjected to arguments, abuse, and hatred. It means that I would like to think that if that decision is made, then the people should do everything in their power to make the marriage work, not just make it tolerable, but to work on making it thrive through honesty, respect, and love. Yeah, it's a lot hard work, which is why so many just pull the pin and look for the solution that seems the easiest in the short-term.

PS. That's not a dig at you or your situation.

Last edited:
There's some pretty compelling evidence in this thing called "history". You've been around long enough to watch a few civilisations thrive and succumb ;) Before you go blaming religion for that too, I'll argue straight up that religion has for sure been used as a way of justifying it, but you can be pretty sure that human nature, specifically greed & power, has driven it.

Again, I say how far do you want to go in terms of justifying actions with "it's human nature"? It's basically at the core of why I am more dismayed with humanity every day. It's starting to lean way to far on the side of individual "freedoms", what people believe they're entitled to, and the lust for instant gratification. In this case, people willing to sacrifice their long term well being and relationships for a quick **** right now. "We weren't meant to be monogamous". I'll agree with you in that some relationships just aren't meant to be, and ending it mutually and maturely may be the best outcome. But it should be the exception rather than the rule - it might seem the best option at the time but there's a lifetime worth of mess and heartache, especially if kids are involved. That doesn't mean I support people staying together even if the kids are subjected to arguments, abuse, and hatred. It means that I would like to think that if that decision is made, then the people should do everything in their power to make the marriage work, not just make it tolerable, but to work on making it thrive through honesty, respect, and love. Yeah, it's a lot hard work, which is why so many just pull the pin and look for the solution that seems the easiest in the short-term.

PS. That's not a dig at you or your situation.
What history proves, is that an infinite minority of individuals were able to use religion to induce masses into following their grand delusions and commit crimes against humanity, all under the cloak of their holy scriptures. But there are enough religion discussions in other threads, so I'll leave this one be...

Yes, I absolutely believe it is every individual's right to have consensual sex with whomever they want, which doesn't mean I condone doing so behind your partner's back. But that's purely because I believe in respect and sincerity in a relationship, not because once we're in it, it's a sacred bond and we have to endure the ride no matter what.
In fact, you'll find that it is amongst the many cultures and religions where marriage is or was "sacrosanct", that adultery is or was most prevalent.

It also doesn't need to be mutual accord, because it is often an individual decision, where one partner is ready to move on before the other. This brings us to the next big excuse for adultery: "I didn't want to hurt her/him" bullcrap.
Sure, give it a fair try, but once making a marriage work is actually a hard effort, the reason for that marriage is gone, and no amount of work will restore it.

As to the lifetime worth of mess and heartache, that is exactly how those 6 years felt for me, and guess what... my now adult kids told me they would've much preferred if we went our own ways much earlier than that, than live in a household with 2 parents that could barely stand each other. And trust me, it wasn't for a lack of trying!

I hope you never experience it, but you don't know what it's like to be with a person for whom you have lost all romantic feelings.
I however, I do know what it's like to have a lovely wife and cute kids, never ever imagining that my relationship would take a turn...

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.