• 11752550_124503604553639_3172635065336413218_n.jpg
    11752550_124503604553639_3172635065336413218_n.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 73
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
What history proves, is that an infinite minority of individuals were able to use religion to induce masses into following their grand delusions and commit crimes against humanity, all under the cloak of their holy scriptures. But there are enough religion discussions in other threads, so I'll leave this one be...

Religion is not to blame for that. How can it be, especially if you believe that there is no higher power? Seems to me like you should be lamenting humans' gullibility and propensity to act like sheep, either too afraid or simply unable to question the powers-that-be.

Yes, I absolutely believe it is every individual's right to have consensual sex with whomever they want, which doesn't mean I condone doing so behind your partner's back. But that's purely because I believe in respect and sincerity in a relationship, not because once we're in it, it's a sacred bond and we have to endure the ride no matter what.
In fact, you'll find that it is amongst the many cultures and religions where marriage is or was "sacrosanct", that adultery is or was most prevalent.

It also doesn't need to be mutual accord, because it is often an individual decision, where one partner is ready to move on before the other. This brings us to the next big excuse for adultery: "I didn't want to hurt her/him" bullcrap.
Sure, give it a fair try, but once making a marriage work is actually a hard effort, the reason for that marriage is gone, and no amount of work will restore it.

As to the lifetime worth of mess and heartache, that is exactly how those 6 years felt for me, and guess what... my now adult kids told me they would've much preferred if we went our own ways much earlier than that, than live in a household with 2 parents that could barely stand each other. And trust me, it wasn't for a lack of trying!

I hope you never experience it, but you don't know what it's like to be with a person for whom you have lost all romantic feelings.
I however, I do know what it's like to have a lovely wife and cute kids, never ever imagining that my relationship would take a turn...

Marriage, like most things in life, does require hard effort. But the reward is worth it. That's what bothers me so much - that people think that something as complex as a life-long relationship should be easy, and if not then they're better off elsewhere. If a marriage gets to the point where it's untenable, then there would have been signs way earlier in the piece that called for some maintenance.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Feel sorry for Kara and the daughter. They will be dragged through this whole mess in public because of Beau and the Hi 5 sluts profile.

That Brant is a fucking bitch. Fucking hated her on that celebrity survivor. Hope Kara gets a hold of her and bashes her. **** that would be funny

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Religion is not to blame for that. How can it be, especially if you believe that there is no higher power? Seems to me like you should be lamenting humans' gullibility and propensity to act like sheep, either too afraid or simply unable to question the powers-that-be.

Marriage, like most things in life, does require hard effort. But the reward is worth it. That's what bothers me so much - that people think that something as complex as a life-long relationship should be easy, and if not then they're better off elsewhere. If a marriage gets to the point where it's untenable, then there would have been signs way earlier in the piece that called for some maintenance

Yes, so it sounds like you and your wife did things right. Unfortunately, it's young fuckheads not thinking about what they are doing, and not realising just how big of a deal marriage actually is.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Yes, so it sounds like you and your wife did things right. Unfortunately, it's young fuckheads not thinking about what they are doing, and not realising just how big of a deal marriage actually is.

On the contrary, we didn't do things "right". Not at the start anyway. For the record, my wife & I were separated for 6 months when my daughter was 2. It's why I know that it is fucking hard, and it's also why I know it's worth the effort.

"Young fuckheads". To be fair, I can hardly blame them. When everything is designed to make people think that life should be a constant ride of excitement and experiences, when the honeymoon phase is over, people simply crave that same high that you get when you court, seduce, or are courted or seduced by another. Fucking Ashley Madison - "pay us money and you'll get that feeling again". **** them right in the ear.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
On the contrary, we didn't do things "right". Not at the start anyway. For the record, my wife & I were separated for 6 months when my daughter was 2. It's why I know that it is fucking hard, and it's also why I know it's worth the effort.

"Young fuckheads". To be fair, I can hardly blame them. When everything is designed to make people think that life should be a constant ride of excitement and experiences, when the honeymoon phase is over, people simply crave that same high that you get when you court, seduce, or are courted or seduced by another. Fucking Ashley Madison - "pay us money and you'll get that feeling again". **** them right in the ear.

If you do this to someone other than your wife it's still classed as cheating

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
1. tits > ass
2. if you judge someone based off their app on reality tv, you too are an idiot
3. i don't really care about the situation, but if it means beau ryan is off the footy show, great, i'll be righteous if the end justifies the means
4. this is a moral quandary that ends up being a reflection of your own personal views, there's no objectivity in this regardless of whether one thinks it's right/wrong to cheat, right/wrong to cheat with another persons spouse, right/wrong to cheat when you've got a family and so on.

i try not to be too judgemental of stuff like this, it's a lapse of judgement no matter which way you look at it, and we're all capable of that in any capacity, not just a lustful one.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Look, as far as im concerned it would just be absolutely proposturess if Channel 9 ever allow this poor excuse for a man back on our television screens again.

As a sidenote, i dont think we as a forum frequented by impressionable young minds should be going into too much of the sordid details here either. Mods - might be advisable to keep a close eye on this one to make sure it doesnt get out of hand.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
1. tits > ass
2. if you judge someone based off their app on reality tv, you too are an idiot
3. i don't really care about the situation, but if it means beau ryan is off the footy show, great, i'll be righteous if the end justifies the means
4. this is a moral quandary that ends up being a reflection of your own personal views, there's no objectivity in this regardless of whether one thinks it's right/wrong to cheat, right/wrong to cheat with another persons spouse, right/wrong to cheat when you've got a family and so on.

i try not to be too judgemental of stuff like this, it's a lapse of judgement no matter which way you look at it, and we're all capable of that in any capacity, not just a lustful one.

Renegade is my type of guy.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Look, as far as im concerned it would just be absolutely proposturess if Channel 9 ever allow this poor excuse for a man back on our television screens again.

As a sidenote, i dont think we as a forum frequented by impressionable young minds should be going into too much of the sordid details here either. Mods - might be advisable to keep a close eye on this one to make sure it doesnt get out of hand.

Yeah mods, make sure the tits and ass talk doesn't get out of hand

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Not that this matters or that cheating is necessarily about this, but... I'd bang Kara 100 times before I'd touch Lauren.

to be fair to beau, he probably banged kara 1000 times before touching lauren

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Appreciate your concern, but rest assured, BroncosHQ is for adults.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
This thread is interesting, a full on moral debate set amongst childish discussion of appendages and preferences for. Eclectic no?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
This thread is interesting, a full on moral debate set amongst childish discussion of appendages and preferences for. Eclectic no?

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Proposturess lol...stilling laughing hard after reading that one ! What sort of media device would allow one to so mangle an English word ? Surely it has a spell check feature! If it doesn't, well it's preposterous!!! Yeah I know, it's the Internet and I'm a grammar nazi blah blah blah...

I agree marriage is a hard thing to do at certain times. My own friends are sick of each other but at other times the love is boundless so as long as you are aware it has highs and lows and have a growing maturity you on most occasions can get through it and it may fulfill you. Trouble is though, men and women are hard wired for sexual encounters, when not actively engaged in them we are fantasising about them .Were that not true then we wouldn't have every movie with sex in it. I know this next bit will hurt some feelings but I believe 95% of all humans would have random sex with a virtual stranger( you might know them to talk to ) if the circumstances were just right for each individual to use somewhat less than perfect judgement.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Proposturess lol...stilling laughing hard after reading that one ! What sort of media device would allow one to so mangle an English word ? Surely it has a spell check feature! If it doesn't, well it's preposterous!!! Yeah I know, it's the Internet and I'm a grammar nazi blah blah blah...

I agree marriage is a hard thing to do at certain times. My own friends are sick of each other but at other times the love is boundless so as long as you are aware it has highs and lows and have a growing maturity you on most occasions can get through it and it may fulfill you. Trouble is though, men and women are hard wired for sexual encounters, when not actively engaged in them we are fantasising about them .Were that not true then we wouldn't have every movie with sex in it. I know this next bit will hurt some feelings but I believe 95% of all humans would have random sex with a virtual stranger( you might know them to talk to ) if the circumstances were just right for each individual to use somewhat less than perfect judgement.

Of course they would. 95% of all people would punch that douchebag over there with the topknot and faux torn singlet too, given a circumstance with less than perfect judgement. Some of us just know how to restrain ourselves, and know that short term pleasure is not worth the long term detriment.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • leon.bott
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.