OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

Brisbane have bungled their Wayne Bennett succession plan in the worst possible way
7be12505dc8b788f7f63aeb57f088c83

ONE Broncos staffer summed it up succinctly when, amid the circus that is Brisbane’s pursuit of Craig Bellamy, he said: “Paul Morgan wouldn’t have let it come to this.”
Morgan, one of the Broncos’ founding fathers, didn’t beat around the bush. Nicknamed ‘Porky’, Morgan, a stockbroker by trade who died in 2001, was a larger-than-life figure who didn’t deal in shades of grey.
He famously never signed a contract with Wayne Bennett, Brisbane’s foundation coach. Their contract was a handshake. His word was his bond. A man of conviction, he went hard for his targets and got things done.
One can only imagine what Porky must be thinking from the heavens as he watches over the dog’s breakfast involving Bellamy, Wayne Bennett and a Broncos coaching succession plan that appears half-hearted in its execution.
Handling Bennett’s eventual departure from Red Hill should be a simple exercise. Instead, the Broncos, cruelled by a lack of courage, Morgan-like conviction and administrative backbone, have turned Bennett’s exit strategy into rocket science.
Brisbane’s much-vaunted succession plan is as clear as mud.
Their leaders should be embarrassed.
33e913eda3784f2f36e9c1d9f54e95c3

Bennett was left out of the process.
Bennett has no idea if he will be coaching Brisbane in 2020. The Broncos have no idea if Bellamy will be coming at all. Paul White, the NRL’s highest-paid CEO on a $950,000 salary, can’t decide whether a chat with Bellamy represents a “conversation” or a negotiation.
He confirms he has met with Bellamy, but insists he hasn’t tabled an offer. Apparently, they never talked dollars, or contracts. What on earth did they discuss? Presumably, they spoke about gardening, or whether the sky is blue.
Amid the Fawlty Towers-style disorder, the Broncos board continues to dither.
Bennett is the club’s only premiership coach, having delivered all six titles, yet three years into his return to Red Hill, Brisbane’s board cannot make a definitive call on what to do with the greatest mentor in NRL history.
Determined to expedite matters, Bennett, a man cut from the same cloth as Morgan, attempted to force White and Brisbane’s hand.
e45a539950b65446937f06fe1c34496e

The club has grossly disrespected Bennett.
When the off-contract Bellamy revealed exclusively in The Courier-Mail last month that he had not closed the door on a return to the Broncos, Bennett organised a meeting with White.
Friends for 34 years since their time in the Queensland Police Academy, he told White the club had to plan for the future.
At 68, he understood the succession plan was coming and advised White that if he wanted to contact Bellamy, he would understand.
There was just one caveat — should White formally ring Bellamy, Bennett urged his good mate to keep him in the loop.
FOOLS: Brisbane treated Walters ‘like an idiot’
INTEREST: Other clubs want Bennett

For three weeks, Bennett heard nothing.
Ten days ago, a third party called Bennett to pass on a whisper that White had secretly reached out to Bellamy. Last week, there was a second tip-off.
Incredibly, another Broncos employee heard White had flown to Melbourne to meet Bellamy. The staffer advised Bennett, who called White yesterday morning to ask if the rumours about him contacting Bellamy were true.
6bfd42525bbf163d0500fa20b793c6e7

It would be a sad end for the club’s greatest coach.
White confirmed the pair had spoken. This after Bennett recently fronted a Broncos board meeting to privately inform Brisbane’s executives that he intended to seek another term to coach the club in 2020.
Ultimately, Brisbane’s successor for Bennett will not be a democratic choice. Broncos chairman Karl Morris has told White it is his job to deliver a candidate’s name to the board.
Perhaps, Morris should show some gumption and bring some clarity to this chaotic debacle. The Broncos board should meet and make a firm decision. Tell Bennett his wonderful tenure at the Broncos will end next year at age 69 with a view to finding a fresh face, be it Bellamy, Bennett’s current assistant Jason Demetriou or Kevin Walters.
Bennett insisted he has been given an undertaking by the board that he is safe for 2019, but surely after the machinations of the past month, the only man the supercoach can trust at Red Hill is the man in the mirror.

And a big stinking pile of Badel bile.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...y/news-story/e391232265988f66d46fcb933c9bffe1

This thread is hilarious.

Sorry fellas, Bellamy will not be coaching the Broncos. Now or ever.

Darius Boyd appeared on the news earlier and it really seems they tried to bait him.

But he just answered the way any captain does. Reading from the script.

He most likely won't be, but it's a big news and a big discussion point and this is what this forum is all about, discussion.

No. I think it's largely rumours, innuendo and agenda driven reporting.

Why is this news? Why aren't we talking about the footy? Is it because the standard of play is so shit this year? Off the field stuff is more exciting I guess...

Here's a litmus test...If Napa had broken Slater's or Thurston's jaw would he have been let off?

If Sims had charged in head down like a sub-human ape and broke Cronk's or Keary's jaw? Would Robinson have sung a different tune?

It would still be in the news and this Bennett Bellamy nonsense would have gone through to the keeper.

Ps don't be negative... [HASHTAG]#talkupthegame[/HASHTAG]

Why is this news? Why aren't we talking about the footy? Is it because the standard of play is so shit this year? Off the field stuff is more exciting I guess...

Here's a litmus test...If Napa had broken Slater's or Thurston's jaw would he have been let off?

If Sims had charged in head down like a sub-human ape and broke Cronk's or Keary's jaw? Would Robinson have sung a different tune?

It would still be in the news and this Bennett Bellamy nonsense would have gone through to the keeper.

And discussion on rumours is also a big part of this site. It's a discussion site for all things Broncos, rumours, news, footy, even what the players get up to when they get out of bed. If it's about the Broncos, it's being discussed.

Rumours about a coaching change will always dominate the discussions regardless of how the team is going. Once it gets closer to gameday, the discussion about the footy will pick up.

And yeah it's pretty big news. It's news about the coach that built the club possibly being replaced by the coach he mentored and the head coach of arguably our biggest rival.

Paul Kent on NRL 360 has said that Wayne Bennett had every intention to continue coaching in 2020 and is getting the tap on the shoulder by the Broncos.

To me, it kind of sounds like he is twisting what's happened to suit his own agenda because he did always claim that Bennett was under pressure.

But maybe it is actually true.

Seems like Bellamy is plan A and Walters probably plan B post bennett. The reality is plan A won't be happening, so it's whether Plan B will be happy to be plan B. My concern is whether there is a plan C.

Seems like Bellamy is plan A and Walters probably plan B post bennett. The reality is plan A won't be happening, so it's whether Plan B will be happy to be plan B. My concern is whether there is a plan C.

Demetriou?

What i find interesting is 1910 and smokin joe both said there wasn't going to be anything in it. But there seems to be alot of commotion , dos'nt make sense if it's just a smokescreen.

What I took out of that was that there was nothing to the press conferences today. As in, nobody has put pen to paper

It's amazing how posters on here and media harlots in the public sphere can hear the parties involved publicly inform people yet virtually nothing of what's been said seems to sink in. Time after time those who despise the successful WB try to misconstrue straight forward language to prop up hate filled agendas.

Some of you should get it through your thick heads that you don't have a right to know everything. It makes no difference that it's a public club or that it's out in the publics view. WB and his future are his business. Why it's so important to some of you amazes me. So many claims to know what's going on behind the scenes, so little knowledge.

i am happy either way this plays out my only concern is if Bennett does go to an opposition how many players follow him? Like TPJ who loves Bennett and Will be off contract

i am happy either way this plays out my only concern is if Bennett does go to an opposition how many players follow him? Like TPJ who loves Bennett and Will be off contract

TPJ should get a Bennett clause put in his contract.

Also, why is he still off contract?

Plenty people bagging Bennett in the press regarding Lodge but he's also unearthed some real talent.

The usless ball bags in Broncos management should be getting nailed as well. This coaching nonsense today doesn't happen with a tighter run ship.

TPJ should get a Bennett clause put in his contract.

Also, why is he still off contract?

Plenty people bagging Bennett in the press regarding Lodge but he's also unearthed some real talent.

The usless ball bags in Broncos management should be getting nailed as well. This coaching nonsense today doesn't happen with a tighter run ship.

They still bring lodge up. He was always going to play in the NRL again be it was for us, the knights or the panthers they are just pissed it was us in the end.

And like Bennett said everyone knew we were signing him back in 2017 why was it an issue at the beginning of the season and not last year

I don’t care what anyone says, Bennett is a better coach than Bellamy, escpecially for the Broncos. Anyone who think Bellamy could come in and turn Bird into a ripped mega weapon and make Milf the next Thurston and somehow squeeze Cameron smith and whoever the **** else into the Salary cap has no idea about coaching (except The cap bit maybe as Bellamy is pretty good at cheating). His structures would never work for our current playing group and he’s yet proven he can take a bunch of rookies and broken old boys and win a game. What we know he can do is win games with superstars that thrive in structure (Cameron Smith is Basically an accountant!). It really amazes me at how some people can’t actually see that Bennett is doing what no other coach could and getting an injury ridden side to win games. We just beat the full strength superstar roosters with only 2 or 3 senior players. Come on guys! Credit where it’s due!

Darius Boyd appeared on the news earlier and it really seems they tried to bait him.

But he just answered the way any captain does. Reading from the script.
I watched him interviewed on NRL Tonight yesterday and he said something that i thought was interesting.

When asked if he would follow Wayne if he goes, or would he retire, he said no he would stay as he loves The Broncos. He then mumbled " i don't have much longer to go anyway" as the host was saying something over the top of him.

Didn't seem like much at the time but made me think that he might be considering pulling the pin before his time is due [emoji848]

Did anyone else hear this, or were my ears deceiving me [emoji53]

Then leave if you don't like it mate. I'm most certainly not holding a gun to your head.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.