NEWS Bellamy: Kevvie has earned it

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Craig Bellamy has nothing but kind words for his rival coach this Friday night:

“Me and him were really good mates in Canberra. We got on really well. Then when he went back to Brisbane, we would go and play the Broncos when I was still playing for the Raiders, and I would stay over there for the weekend with my wife."

Harticle 2006531 0C469AB900000578 538 1024x615 large

Besties

“Me and Kevvie were always mates. He was good with us. He had been over to France and coached over there. He was especially good with our halves because that is the position he played. He was there in 2012 and won a premiership with us. I remember when he left us, that (head coaching) is what he wanted to do. He gets on really well with people, he has a great personality. The thing I found about him down here was when it came down to getting serious, he knew the right time. I think he has a great rapport with players and people at the footy club."

"I thought he would end up a head coach somewhere. Without a doubt. I think he has earned it. He obviously coached (State of) Origin for a bit. The one thing is he is very, very passionate about the Broncos. He loves them. He will do a good job there. He knows the Broncos history inside and out.”

“For me, I don’t really think about the team we are playing or where they are in the hit-list or coaches. It will be business as usual. We will catch up after the game for a beer. I suppose I have a bit of a soft spot for the Broncos – I was there for five years.”

McHunt

Hear that guys, he has a soft spot for us. Must be why his team has eviscerated us relentlessly for the past two decades.
I think that was Smith more than anyone else.

Craig Bellamy has nothing but kind words for his rival coach this Friday night:

“Me and him were really good mates in Canberra. We got on really well. Then when he went back to Brisbane, we would go and play the Broncos when I was still playing for the Raiders, and I would stay over there for the weekend with my wife."

View attachment 12077
Besties

“Me and Kevvie were always mates. He was good with us. He had been over to France and coached over there. He was especially good with our halves because that is the position he played. He was there in 2012 and won a premiership with us. I remember when he left us, that (head coaching) is what he wanted to do. He gets on really well with people, he has a great personality. The thing I found about him down here was when it came down to getting serious, he knew the right time. I think he has a great rapport with players and people at the footy club."

"I thought he would end up a head coach somewhere. Without a doubt. I think he has earned it. He obviously coached (State of) Origin for a bit. The one thing is he is very, very passionate about the Broncos. He loves them. He will do a good job there. He knows the Broncos history inside and out.”

“For me, I don’t really think about the team we are playing or where they are in the hit-list or coaches. It will be business as usual. We will catch up after the game for a beer. I suppose I have a bit of a soft spot for the Broncos – I was there for five years.”

McHunt

There has to be something personal between Bellamy and the broncos, especially considering their record at Suncorp.

It's like they make it their #1 priority to demolish us up here.

There has to be something personal between Bellamy and the broncos, especially considering their record at Suncorp.

It's like they make it their #1 priority to demolish us up here.

I think he has a bit of small dick syndrome when it comes to Bennett.

Melbourne have demolished everyone for about 14 years. I don’t know if it’s as personal as fans think.
I think Smith and Slater (and a lesser extent Cronk) used to make it personal after the 2006 GF and a bit of jealousy for not getting the same profile and love at the time as the Qld Bronco players. I can remember games when they were all smiles with our players before the game but as soon as the whistle went they were at their dirty grubby best.

I do think the last few years however has just been because we have been pretty shit in the positions that count compared to them.

Last edited:

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Midean
  • NSW stables
  • scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Spooky1013
  • Old Mate
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.