Ben Hunt - Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter MaroubraBroncos
  • Start date
I'll say this...

If Ben Hunt can get himself a CONSISTENTLY good kicking game, the he would be the second best halfback in the game behind only Thurston.

And he does have all the kicks he needs, we've seen it in games before... IMO, he needs better decision making on which kick to use in particular situations.

If he had the time that Adam Reynolds enjoys with his Surgess-led pack, he'd be there.

Put some cash on Hunt to score a try tonight. You heard it here first! Probably be paying $3.50 - $4.00

Put some cash on Hunt to score a try tonight. You heard it here first! Probably be paying $3.50 - $4.00

If i put money on him to score ... I'll jinx him. Happens everytime i bet on the Broncos...

I think he has the time (usually!), but he just often looks undecided in his own mind, and that turns into a nothing option.

You can see the difference when he's got a clear idea, everything just flows, and something good either happens or comes very close.

If he had the time that Adam Reynolds enjoys with his Surgess-led pack, he'd be there.

Haha thats rubbish hunt is a great runner of the ball and posseses a good cut out pass, good instincts at times and probably an overall better half but reynolds is a much better kicker full stop.

We all love hunt but surely everyone can see his kicking is inconsistent, just because he is a fan favourite around here doesnt mean he is good at everything.. he does put in a nice long kick here and there but saying his kicking is as good as reynolds taylor hodkinson soward thurston or any of the trademark accurate long kickers is rediculous we are not a good long kicking team and we play to that by spreading the ball more then other teams in our own half and our halves take the line on more.

The reason we dont get into field position arm wrestles with teams often is because our 5th play kicks would always let the other teams set start on the front foot.. instead we give up metres deliberately to keep a perfect defensive line with no holes and back our goal line defence to withstand pressure, then when we finally get a penalty or the other team drops the ball we counter attack with early shifts or hunt/milf slicing through.

We defied the long standing belief of possession and field position wins games last year with a brilliant strategy that let our halves play to their strengths, now with roberts out right expect the counter attack strategy to continue.

I think Morkel was saying he would be the second best halfback not a better kicker than Reynolds

Haha thats rubbish hunt is a great runner of the ball and posseses a good cut out pass, good instincts at times and probably an overall better half but reynolds is a much better kicker full stop.

We all love hunt but surely everyone can see his kicking is inconsistent, just because he is a fan favourite around here doesnt mean he is good at everything.. he does put in a nice long kick here and there but saying his kicking is as good as reynolds taylor hodkinson soward thurston or any of the trademark accurate long kickers is rediculous we are not a good long kicking team and we play to that by spreading the ball more then other teams in our own half and our halves take the line on more.

The reason we dont get into field position arm wrestles with teams often is because our 5th play kicks would always let the other teams set start on the front foot.. instead we give up metres deliberately to keep a perfect defensive line with no holes and back our goal line defence to withstand pressure, then when we finally get a penalty or the other team drops the ball we counter attack with early shifts or hunt/milf slicing through.

We defied the long standing belief of possession and field position wins games last year with a brilliant strategy that let our halves play to their strengths, now with roberts out right expect the counter attack strategy to continue.

rediculous
reˈdɪkjʊləs/
adjective

• Experiencing diculous over and over.
    "He enjoyed diculous so much that he decided to rediculous"

Last edited:
Bingo. But at least it's out of his system now.
Must say I read it the same way. As in, he'd be as good a kicker as Reynolds, which he isn't... although I agree he is a better half overal.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • BroncsNBundy
  • bazza
  • Strop
  • FACTHUNT
  • Organix
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.