Benjamin Cummings

bigmick

bigmick

Jul 20, 2017
This a Bronco fan site so understandably opinions will be slanted in favor of the Bronco's.

However has anyone ever seen a more biased exhibition of refereeing than what went on in Sydney last night????

Particularly the last 10 minutes when Cummings pulled out every trick in the book to get the Rabbits back into the game with penalties , non obstruction calls and the obvious Cody Walker / Tom Brady ball to Sutton.

Easy to accept the Nikorima no try decision as a 50/50 and once referred as no try was never going to be overturned by the Bunker. However if that was 50/50 the Sutton try was 0/100. Check the betting records of Cummings - what a shamefully 1 sided exhibition.....

It was pretty obvious that the last 15 minutes, they didn't give a ****, and needed to give Souths a helping hand because the Broncos were starting to look like they were too dangerous for it to be a tight game.

For the most part, I thought they were pretty fair across the park.

It was pretty obvious that the last 15 minutes, they didn't give a ****, and needed to give Souths a helping hand because the Broncos were starting to look like they were too dangerous for it to be a tight game.

For the most part, I thought they were pretty fair across the park.

Agreed. For most of the game I thought Cummins was pretty fair but he got scared by the 2 quick tries we scored and feared losing a close game. No doubt was blinded by the words of Sutton and Greenberg swimming in his head "We need grandstand finishes. Closest. Competition. Ever!"

I think the penalties against broncos were pretty fair:

- McGuire spear in the first set
- McGuire late shot after the pass
- Glenn flopping on and just laying there
- Isaako idiotic leg pull when we had the trapped in the corner
- Offside call when we were a dog's breakfast inside the 10

Can't really recall any others against us, but the non calls were ludicrous. Offa getting blatantly stripped on the 1m line and Cook's blatant shepherd both late in the game being the most critical.

The thing that pisses me off most is at the start of the year they cracked down on penalties and called them all creating a better game. Then all of a sudden they get backlash from 1 senile old alcoholic and apparently every team is a saint again and the penalties go by the wayside... unless of course you're up by +10

Apparently Buzz speaks for the whole fan base when he wants them to revert back to manufacturing results (otherwise known as CHEATING) to create fairy tales and spectacle finishes.

Wish the old bastard's liver would give up already so we don't have to listen to his shit anymore!!!

I'm far more concerned about the penalties that weren't blown against the Rabbitohs, than the penalties blown against us.

Running behind your own players
Forward passes
Not touching the ball with your foot when playing it
Ref letting them get away with being offside

It's just weird how they can pick and choose when a penalty it necessary

this seems as good a spot as any... did any one else think the alex johnson try was an obstruction. Inglis passed back to him on his inside, then johnson ran behind inglis and scored in the corner. I know Isaako fell over, but I thought straight up Roberts was taken out by Inglis after the pass, and stopped him getting over in defence. I don't know how to do the techo stuff, but I paused the pass from GI to Johnson, and was definitely on his inside. Not sure how the rule works in this scenario.

this seems as good a spot as any... did any one else think the alex johnson try was an obstruction. Inglis passed back to him on his inside, then johnson ran behind inglis and scored in the corner. I know Isaako fell over, but I thought straight up Roberts was taken out by Inglis after the pass, and stopped him getting over in defence. I don't know how to do the techo stuff, but I paused the pass from GI to Johnson, and was definitely on his inside. Not sure how the rule works in this scenario.
I thought it was at least worth a look.

Great point

I would be filthy if that try was taken off us.
That is the way I try and assess things.
Isaako should be in and ready to to slide out not out and coming in, that is our issue .

We got away with one of these too. Sims if memory serves me.

I actually thought last night that it's becoming a real problem for our team. Seems to happen a hell of a lot.

I think the penalties against broncos were pretty fair:

- McGuire spear in the first set
- McGuire late shot after the pass
- Glenn flopping on and just laying there
- Isaako idiotic leg pull when we had the trapped in the corner
- Offside call when we were a dog's breakfast inside the 10
Agreed. Those were all moments where I knew a penalty was coming as they happened.

Ben Cummins is still shit though.

I also want to know why KNik's first effort off Sims' offload went up as a no-try. In normal motion, it really looked like he got it down.

For the first time in a long time, I've been okay with the refereeing standards. I actually feel, for the first time, they are actually policing rules, and for the most part doing it fairly, irrespective of scoreline or time in the game.

I also want to know why KNik's first effort off Sims' offload went up as a no-try. In normal motion, it really looked like he got it down.

Watching it live personally I thought he was short and then rolled on his back and couldn't get it down so I can understand the refs call of no try.

The forward pass to Sutton for South's last try was pretty obvious for mine tho, hard to believe they let that go.

Souths nearly won due to that bone-headed leg pull from Isaako.

We had the game well in control and nearly lost it due to that, among other things.

I have no issue with the Niko no try given the rules as they stand. I would have reversed the decision because I'm 100% convinced the ball touched the try line, but will admit bias may be playing a role here.

Also can't be too upset about the Johnson try, albeit it is technically an obstruction from Inglis, or Cook running behind his players, given we did it a couple of times (the Sims one was just hilarious), which like @Nashy said, is something we seem to do way too often, and I attribute to a lack of attacking organisation, also known as chaos.

I have a huge problem with the forward pass to Sutton for his try (even if it serves me in SVRL) and the "loose" rulings in the last 15 minutes to keep Souffs in play and get the usual close game.

Still, all in all, for Cummings standard, it was a pretty good game.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • Gaz
  • Foordy
  • ozzball
  • Culhwch
  • jarro65
  • broncos4life
  • Morepudding
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosgirl
  • dasherhalo
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.