Benjamin Cummings

I thought it might've been. There's calls in the media to have more people in the bunker but you've got two between the ref and vid ref that can discuss the situation. the video ref should be there to assist the onfield ref not take all responsibility on the try's

I mean how many poor video ref decisions are pulled up in union and dragged through the media. The scrutiny probably isn't as high but if the wallabies, all blacks, etc. were hard done by then it would still be all over Fox News, but I can't recall any off the top of my head.

Different culture mate, different level of media scrutiny. However I will say their refs are far more professional than ours. They do generally get the right decision most times and the onfield ref takes all the responsibility.

If only the NRL could have players and refs interact this way

How many of our tries have gone to the video this year? Seems like it's been almost every single one

How many of our tries have gone to the video this year? Seems like it's been almost every single one
A better question is how many tries scored against us should have been sent to the video ref but weren’t - case in point the blatantly forward pass from Thursday night’s game??

A better question is how many tries scored against us should have been sent to the video ref but weren’t - case in point the blatantly forward pass from Thursday night’s game??

The bunker can't rule on forward passes, so not a good example.

Just on that, I *think* I've seen an example where they over-ruled it on a technicality after a blatant forward pass. For the life of me I can't remember when, or if I was dreaming. Maybe it was one where it was a pass but the ball bounced before the receiver grabbed it and scored, so they were able to call it a knock-on even though it was clearly a pass.

I know that won't apply to scenarios where it doesn't hit the ground first, but surely there is a way for them to get around that stupid rule on ones that are clearly duds.

Just on that, I *think* I've seen an example where they over-ruled it on a technicality after a blatant forward pass. For the life of me I can't remember when, or if I was dreaming. Maybe it was one where it was a pass but the ball bounced before the receiver grabbed it and scored, so they were able to call it a knock-on even though it was clearly a pass.

I know that won't apply to scenarios where it doesn't hit the ground first, but surely there is a way for them to get around that stupid rule on ones that are clearly duds.
If the receiver is in front of the passer, they could technically call it offside. Again, would only apply in some cases though.

If the receiver is in front of the passer, they could technically call it offside. Again, would only apply in some cases though.

That too - and Sutton would have to have been close. But have they EVER actually called one up for off-side, even blatant forward passes?

It's a shame, because with the old system a try was able to be denied if there was a clear forward pass in the replays.

The way they did it was send it back as refs call and the ref was then able to rule forward pass. They did it to us against the Dragons in 2008.

It's a shame, because with the old system a try was able to be denied if there was a clear forward pass in the replays.

The way they did it was send it back as refs call and the ref was then able to rule forward pass. They did it to us against the Dragons in 2008.

Have you got video of this? I've never known the video ref to be able to rule on a forward pass.

I've certainly seen something similar. But I think it was a situation that they looked for any tiny thing that they could rule on to take the try away.

Have you got video of this? I've never known the video ref to be able to rule on a forward pass.

I did, then the NRL deleted it.

The video ref technically didn't rule on it. They just sent it back as refs call and the ref ruled on it. It was a way around the rule.

Thing that annoyed me was when Boyd scored, he checked with the touchie if he was happy with Boyd getting the ball down, touchie said yes so then he goes " ok, let's check it " what was the point if the touchie said he was happy? Why ask?

Active Now

• dasherhalo
  • Gaz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Skyblues87
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Santa
  • davidp
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncones
  • Culhwch
  • phoenix
  • Robboi_321
  • Old Mate
  • Tim K
  • johnny plath
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.