Bennett appearance today

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Wayne Bennett will be signing his book today in the Queen Street Mall at 12.30...

would be a great gift for Chrissy, I'll probably head on up and see what the go is. Hopefully the line isn't as long as the line was for Gilly the other day, but somehow I think it'll be longer [eusa_doh

Bought this last week, great read, half way through it.

I am going to write this on my xmas wish list, which currently includes a new belt and clothes haha...thats all I have come up with at the moment! Pretty sad

I just got my signed copy. Shook Wayne's hand and had a quick chat. ORSMNESS! Can't wait to get stuck into the book now :)

expensive toilet paper. Is this the same book from a while ago? I only heard horrible things about that (from people that arent necessarily league followers), in that all it was was a collection of self righteous cliches and quotes

QUEENSLANDER said:
expensive toilet paper. Is this the same book from a while ago? I only heard horrible things about that (from people that arent necessarily league followers), in that all it was was a collection of self righteous cliches and quotes
You are probably thinking about the book of articles he wrote for the Australian (basically this is what it was) called Don't Die With the Music In You. WHich was an awesome book. He released it in 2003 (?) and re-released it last year with an update...

This new one however is his memoir, and it's got good reviews.

mrslong said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
You are probably thinking about the book of articles he wrote for the Australian (basically this is what it was) called Don't Die With the Music In You. WHich was an awesome book. He released it in 2003 (?) and re-released it last year with an update...

yeah thats the one. so hes released another hey? how far into it are you. has he starting bagging out alfie and other brisbane greats yet?

No, from memory he doesn't criticise Karmichael Hunt at all.

i dunno but there's a picture of him and alfie and underneath it is says "great mates" so i guess not. Who would've thunk the media would be beating up a story again?

What is the book actually called mrslong? Where did you purchase it also? Dymocks or something

It is a great book, I've lost track of time on a few occasions reading this one.

QUEENSLANDER said:
mrslong said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

yeah thats the one. so hes released another hey? how far into it are you. has he starting bagging out alfie and other brisbane greats yet?

Not from what I've read. Although he does talk about his success as a 6 time Premiership winning coach. His strength and conviction to make massive calls when needed; his ability to pull through hard times when pedo-fans slander him, call him over the hill and then he wins a premiership the same season.

i just bought it for mum for her birthday. i shopped around all of chermside and i believe it's cheapest at kmart! $29.95!

Hammo said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
mrslong said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Not from what I've read. Although he does talk about his success as a 6 time Premiership winning coach. His strength and conviction to make massive calls when needed; his ability to pull through hard times when pedo-fans slander him, call him over the hill and then he wins a premiership the same season.

Ah so he lies then. cheers [icon_razz1

ps. its funny how personal everyone is getting lately over coaches, players and even aus idol contestants. lol lighten it up girls

That's not personal, defensive.

I defend Slater in other threads, because IMO he is currently the best fullback in the world.

I defend Bennett in this thread, because IMO he is the greatest coach of all time and argueably still the best coach in Australia.

QUEENSLANDER said:
mrslong said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Hahahahaha ****, and you don't bag out any Broncos players? [icon_lol1.

Jebadude said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
mrslong said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Hahahahaha ****, and you don't bag out any Broncos players? [icon_lol1.

ummm if i recall, i didnt coach them for most of their football life while being their mentor and dad figure either....... but i see your point

But hang on, you'd be happy if Bennett bagged Hunt in his book?

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.