Bennett, Dragons reach agreement (apparently)

I'm glad he will be coaching the Dragons. Like 'em or lump 'em they have possibly the proudest history in Rugby League in Australia and at the moment their players are just not appreciating the tradition that is instilled upon the club. Wayne Bennett will be sure to get that back and I am confident that after his stint at St George he will go down as one of the greatest influences the game has ever seen (if he isn't already).

That's is the whole thing.He already has done that.He has nothing more to prove but he has so much to give to league.
It is totally his decision and of course it is his life and whether he feels another challenge is what he is after.

From a purely selfish point of view on my part I really hate that he will be coaching another team.
Sounds stupid I know but after being there when he came to our club 20yrs ago now to see him walk into Saints it really upsets me.Plus it has been one S****of a day and to come home and hear that was the pits.
Hey!I feel like this team &Wayne Bennett are kind of like family.(Even they dont know me or anything. [icon_lol1.

Yeah and another thing"St.George CAN'T PLAY!!!!!!!"

Kee said:
That's is the whole thing.He already has done that.He has nothing more to prove but he has so much to give to league.
It is totally his decision and of course it is his life and whether he feels another challenge is what he is after.

From a purely selfish point of view on my part I really hate that he will be coaching another team.
Sounds stupid I know but after being there when he came to our club 20yrs ago now to see him walk into Saints it really upsets me.Plus it has been one S****of a day and to come home and hear that was the pits.
Hey!I feel like this team &Wayne Bennett are kind of like family.(Even they dont know me or anything. [icon_lol1.

Yeah and another thing"St.George CAN'T PLAY!!!!!!!"

I am sure though that in 20 years when people are talking about Wayne Bennett, they will remember his career with the Broncos first and foremost.

Word on the block is Wayne is getting 2.4m over the 3 years.

mal said:
Word on the block is Wayne is getting 2.4m over the 3 years.

I'm not so sure we should believe what is being said about that in the media, given the fact that they are still claiming that Folau will be earning 1.6million over four years even though the Broncos have said that is not the case

I heard Bennett is getting 20 pieces of silver and the first born son of each Dragons first grader eusa_think

*sigh* I wish he would just retire now. Loyalty doesn't mean anything anymore. It'll be hard to watch him coach another team. =( Oh well, good luck to him.

The only worse team he could have picked would have been Canterbury.

Loyalty, schmoyalty.

There's only 3 people/groups of people that you should be loyal to in your life:

1. Yourself
2. Your family
3. Your friends

Jobs and employers come and go and will ditch you when you're no longer useful to them, so don't be fooled into feeling loyal towards them. Ditto anything else.

Coxy said:
Loyalty, schmoyalty.

There's only 3 people/groups of people that you should be loyal to in your life:

1. Yourself
2. Your family
3. Your friends

Jobs and employers come and go and will ditch you when you're no longer useful to them, so don't be fooled into feeling loyal towards them. Ditto anything else.

Only person you can truly rely on being loyal to you is yourself.Learnt that a long time ago.
Still keep getting sucked in though. [eusa_doh

Still like to think Loyalty is still around.Webcke,Menzies,Thorn.In footy that is.Think they have proved that

Don't get me wrong, there's still lots of examples where loyalty still exists, even in football. My point is more that you shouldn't expect it. Agree that the only person you can expect loyalty from is yourself, but you should still show loyalty to your friends and family.

broncos_baby said:
*sigh* I wish he would just retire now. Loyalty doesn't mean anything anymore. It'll be hard to watch him coach another team. =( Oh well, good luck to him.

Why should he retire? just because he is not going to coach the Broncos anymore?

And what is it with this show us loyalty stuff? I do believe it was WB who set the standard of loyalty in the Broncos foundation, while the rest of the NRL teams are still trying to understand it.

News Limited and the Broncos board should have shown some true respect and never undermind the great WB, (I am one of the fans who are truly behind WB 100%) now he is moving on with the Dragons, I do have mixed feelings but am happy for him to coach a great club and a great victory, not just for the Dragons but for Rugby League.

He will do wonders there. no doubt.

Shame the old forum is now gone with the amount of hate for Bellamy,his dirty tactics,the man himself, and majority of Storm players.
Now we have all this love for Bellamy and what Storm players you want in our team. [icon_evillaugh

Why the sudden hope the Dragons do so great?When Petero left us majority said he was now the enemy now and not with our club so stuff him.
Is WB not the enemy come next year?(Never in my eyes and nor is Petero that is why it's so no win situation when you hate Saints so much.

Coxy said:
Don't get me wrong, there's still lots of examples where loyalty still exists, even in football. My point is more that you shouldn't expect it. Agree that the only person you can expect loyalty from is yourself, but you should still show loyalty to your friends and family.

Well said - I have always said the only person you can rely on is yourself. In most cases there is someone out there to rely on, but you shouldn't expect it as Coxy said. [icon_wink
WB has been a huge part of the broncos, it's going to be very strange when he leaves. I'm actually suprised he is leaving QLD to live somewhere else.

One of my friends is a massive StG supporter, she is gloating now. :evil: Funny though she hated WB before.

broncoangel said:
One of my friends is a massive StG supporter, she is gloating now. :evil: Funny though she hated WB before.
That seems to be the norm as I have many friends who are Dragons and they are loving it, even thanking me today.

Good luck to WB, we all knew it was happening. Just didn't know the team he ends up with until yesterday, so I guess it's more trying to comprehend it's the Dragons (for me anyways).

And yes... WB is exactly what St George needs to change their culture.

My first order of business would be to get rid of Ryles the Cat, the guy is a marshmellow and I doubt even the great WB can turn him around.

The Rock said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":lcbiu2w4]My first order of business would be to get rid of Ryles the Cat, the guy is a marshmellow and I doubt even the great WB can turn him around.

I disagree. He has potential, don't tell me that you have no witnessed some cracker games from Ryles.

Ryles will be a perfect example of how he can change an individual.[/quote:lcbiu2w4]

He has bucketloads of it but has barely played a good full match in 3 years, he gets hit hard and hides in matches. I know if anyone could change him its WB but I think he is too far gone as a player mentally the guy is a massive cat built like a greek god, sad really.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Evander
  • Lurker
  • achievedrap
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.