Bennett is NOT a Supercoach

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I feel sorry for Bellamy if in fact he didn't know Waldron was raping the cap because he is clearly a very good coach whom was doing a great job with a very good group of players. However how anyone can justify or in anyway appreciate any of those accomplishments knowing they rorted the game systematically for 4 years really is not a true fan of the game. They cheated and robbed 15 other teams of the chance of being champions particularly in two of those years where their cheating got them titles. The biggest credit has to go to Hasler and Bennett who had clubs that adhered to the salary cap and beat this cheating juggernaut in grand finals, I find it ironic how AP claims our 2006 win was dirty when it was a team cheating the cap whom were clearly second best of the 80 minutes. You are a pathetic footy fan if you can find any legitimacy/respect for the Storm during that period, what they did was f#ck over the fans of their own club and also the fans of every single other club.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
What a load of ****. Such a stupid list of players to bring up.

Nathan Friend left because he wanted to be part of a new franchise and Gold Coast also offered him big money along with the opportunity to be a foundation player. With Cam Smith there they could not care less about paying him money to keep him. Maloney played 4 games for Melbourne, Stanley played 8 games in 2 years, they weren't part of the team anyway. They let go of Steve Turner because they had better upcoming prospects. Geyer and Kidwell retired.

Blair, Johnson, Finch, Hoffman, Jeremy Smith, Tolman, Lima, White and Inglis they lost when they had to start playing by the rules and the first year they play with a legitimate team they don't even make the grand final, says a lot I reckon.

Wow, that's like 9 rep players they lost straight after having to play by the cap. Obviously they deserved that premiership when they had 9 rep players they couldn't keep after having a legitimate team, right???

The only players they genuinely "lost" from that list are: Crocker, King and Kaufusi. If you can call them losses.

wait.....so they *didnt* lose all those players? are they still playing for melbourne?

"the first year they play with a legitimate team they don't even make the grand final, says a lot I reckon."

epic lols.

they were the minor premiers and got beaten in the grand final qualifier. that DOES say a lot i reckon - just the complete opposite of what you think it does lol. it says, to me, that even if they werent over the cap for the last 4 years they still wouldve got the 2 premierships, 3 minor premierships, and lost those other 2 grand finals.

Johnson left in 09 btw. also, since when was tolman a rep player? and how many of those were actually current rep players? 2, maybe 3? and nearly all for 'we'll pick anyone' NZ, none for NSW and only 1 for QLD.

"The only players they genuinely "lost" from that list are: Crocker, King and Kaufusi. If you can call them losses."

yes, you can, since they are all good players.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
However how anyone can justify or in anyway appreciate any of those accomplishments knowing they rorted the game systematically for 4 years really is not a true fan of the game.
The biggest credit has to go to Hasler and Bennett who had clubs that adhered to the salary cap and beat this cheating juggernaut in grand finals

I find it ironic how AP claims our 2006 win was dirty when it was a team cheating the cap whom were clearly second best of the 80 minutes. You are a pathetic footy fan if you can find any legitimacy/respect for the Storm during that period, what they did was f#ck over the fans of their own club and also the fans of every single other club.

1. ahh the old 'not a true fan' line comes back up again lol. good one.

2. in 2006 when the Broncos beat the storm in the GF, the storm probably had 1-2 of their big 4 at that stage getting extra payments. they were 300k over the salary cap. you cant say they wouldnt have had those players had they been under.

3. the broncos were over the cap in 2006 as well, so no, bennett didnt really adhere to the salary cap. in fact, if you go back and look at the salary cap breaches for the history of the NRL, the Broncos show up more than any other team pretty much. go have a look on the official NRL page if you dont believe me.

4. melbourne were clearly second best for the 80 minutes? pull the other one. the Broncos were gifted that game on a platter. try to king? nah we'll just say its a knock on when it clearly isnt. dropped ball by brisbane? nah, we'll just say it was raked when it clearly wasnt. bronco player clearly hits the ball over the sideline? nah, we'll just say melbourne did. shephard? nah, the broncos are allowed to hide behind their players when they have the ball.

in a game that was only 15-8 after 80 minutes, having a fair try disallowed, a penalty goal gifted to the broncos, and numerous possession sapping incorrect penalties against you makes it pretty hard to win. to only lose by 7 when they had all those decisions go against them shows that they werent clearly the worse team for the entire 80 minutes.

5. the melbourne storm players and coaches did nothing of the sort. it was the actions of what, 1 or 2 administrators, that killed the storm.

if you CANT find any respect for what the storm PLAYERS and COACHES did during that period, its you who is a pathetic footy fan. actually i wouldnt even call you a footy fan to be honest, just a Broncos fan or broncos fanboy.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Respect the Storm for their achievements during the years they were making a mockery of rugby league with an illegal team?

Put down the crack pipe, AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lostboy
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.