NEWS Bennett to Broncos: you can all get fucked

They would have .... if he didn't start getting involved with his future club ...

Businesses kind of frown on you helping a rival, you know

Did Wayne only start rebelling because the club went after Bellamy? I remember him saying it was his idea but you see could in his eyes he was shattered.

Last edited:
For me I don't have an issue with the Boyd contract. 800k seems fair when he signed on under his market value to come with Wayne to the Broncos. Signing your captain, origin and Australia player for 5 years for $2.8m is not a bad deal at the prime of his career. I don't think anyone would have complaining if we signed Boyd at 27 for 5 years at $560k a year. Even 6 years at 600k (which is what his deal would be if he wasn't retiring) is not bad. It was clearly a handshake with White when came back to the Broncos that they would take care of him on the next deal since the NRL was/is clamping down on back-ended deals.

They would have .... if he didn't start getting involved with his future club ...

Businesses kind of frown on you helping a rival, you know
The club the Broncos were negotiating a coaching swap with? The same Broncos who were gettings Seibold's input on things like releasing Josh MxGuire? Nah you're right, I'm sure the club who'd been trying to move him on for months totally legitimately was absolutely going to keep him right up to the point where he spoke to the very place they were trying to send him.

When my mind finally clicked over and said to itself "yep, this guy is a dud. We've done it again." during the Roosters thrashing, I was half tempted to just go full rage about seeing Bennett off to disastrous effect a second time, but I couldn't bring myself to do it this time. This playing group delivered that semi final appearance against the Dragons under Wayne, so he can hardly talk now about most of the same players underperforming under Seibold. Also Jack Bird was his **** up and his alone, and to be frank to see him conveniently dodge that point just does to show you Wayne's self preservation streak.
Are you saying the Bird signing he did alone and without the other three?

Seems as though you've caught WB lying. Just to be sure though could you just give us a quick glance at the evidence? Just a formality you know...

Are you saying the Bird signing he did alone and without the other three?

Seems as though you've caught WB lying. Just to be sure though could you just give us a quick glance at the evidence? Just a formality you know...

Oh turn it up, Huge. He wasn't able to get who he really wanted at the time and settled on Bird for way more than he was worth, at a time when we didn't even need centres because he had to look like he was trying hard to get somebody, at a time when the cracks between Bennett and the club had begun to form. It was a kneejerk signing and you know it.

Why was it so hard to let the 6 time premiership winning Broncos coach (the only ever) just see out his final year?
Morris, White & Lockyer have invoked some bad karma on our club. These fuckers need to leave, can we petition Newscorp to sack these clowns.
Pretty sure the plan was for him to have his final year problems started when he wanted another after 2019 and JD to take over after 2020

Last edited:
So Bennett had the authority to spend marquee money on a centre without any management approval? Very interesting.....

Last edited:
Oh turn it up, Huge. He wasn't able to get who he really wanted at the time and settled on Bird for way more than he was worth, at a time when we didn't even need centres because he had to look like he was trying hard to get somebody, at a time when the cracks between Bennett and the club had begun to form. It was a kneejerk signing and you know it.
I don't know what WB was thinking at the time, how could I? I do know that's your own particular take on it and if you don't recognize that you cannot possibly know what others think then I'm at a loss. You made the claim that WB was solely responsible for signing Bird despite WB publicly stating on record he did no such thing with any player.

According to the transcript we see at the top WB states that there wasn't any player for the Broncos in his time that wasn't selected without across the committee agreement. So, are you saying he lied about Bird?

I don't know what WB was thinking at the time, how could I? I do know that's your own particular take on it and if you don't recognize that you cannot possibly know what others think then I'm at a loss. You made the claim that WB was solely responsible for signing Bird despite WB publicly stating on record he did no such thing with any player.

According to the transcript we see at the top WB states that there wasn't any player for the Broncos in his time that wasn't selected without across the committee agreement. So, are you saying he lied about Bird?

Does Bennett lying really sound that strange to you?

Does Bennett lying really sound that strange to you?
It's not that. If I was going to knowingly lie I certainly would want a less public forum. I can imagine an american president doing it on record but I don't believe WB is lying. He's got standards and while not perfect he tries to live up to them. A person lying publicly and on record is unfortunately common enough to be unsurprising but I believe it would be for WB.

Bennett is past it, he hasn’t won a premiership for 10 years. He is over 70 years old. His best days are far behind him. We needed a change. How often did we go through the season, but get pumped in a finals game. Let’s not forget we got pumped 40-0 in a finals game in 2017 by Melbourne. That was far more deflating for me than 2019 because we had a much better season, but Wayne has lost the ability to beat the really good teams when it matters.

We needed a change, we now have that change. We just have to hope it is the right change. Only time will tell.

Bennett wasn't good enough and Seibold isn't good enough, this is the real answer.

Also Peter Nolan and Paul White are a cancer rotting this club.

We have an ex bartender as our GM for the biggest club in RL, wonder why every player option nonsense keeps coming up with every contract.

We needed a change, we now have that change. We just have to hope it is the right change. Only time will tell.
We haven't really had that change. Of the four people responsible for list management, one was sacked and the other three remain. The guy who negotiated the length and value of all those contracts people, including our new coach, complain about? He's still there.

Funnily enough being White's mate isn't actually a qualification for coaching, neither is a Harvard weekend course. The same people who put players on too expensive and too long contracts decided to salvage the Broncos from the mediocrity of Wayne Bennett by getting Seibold on a too expensive and too long contract.

Of the minor changes we have had, time has already told. Seibold is not fit for the job. He's brought about a string of record losses and even our wins have come from individual players doing freakish things, not from any coherent game plan or strategies. This is a guy who thinks swapping fullbacks at the 65th minute is a genius tactic.

We haven't really had that change. Of the four people responsible for list management, one was sacked and the other three remain. The guy who negotiated the length and value of all those contracts people, including our new coach, complain about? He's still there.

Funnily enough being White's mate isn't actually a qualification for coaching, neither is a Harvard weekend course. The same people who put players on too expensive and too long contracts decided to salvage the Broncos from the mediocrity of Wayne Bennett by getting Seibold on a too expensive and too long contract.

Of the minor changes we have had, time has already told. Seibold is not fit for the job. He's brought about a string of record losses and even our wins have come from individual players doing freakish things, not from any coherent game plan or strategies. This is a guy who thinks swapping fullbacks at the 65th minute is a genius tactic.

is Seibold actually a mate of White, or just from the same town.

besides being a mate of White, won't protect you. just ask Bennett who has been (or at least was) Whites mate for 30 years

I wasn’t referring to off field change. Perhaps that needs more of a change. I was referring to on field change.

There'd be plenty of coaches lining up to take over Wayne's job in 2019, there'd be practically no one willing to take the job now. That tells you what you need to know about how Wayne left the club and what Seibold has done to it.
I suspect walters might put his hand up. Personally he'd be my pick. He has studied under bellamy but holds real passion for this club. He has been around long enough. It would be nice to get a coach with genuine NRL experience that has been successful but I don't see too many around. Lots of failed ones though. The one without a job, but with the best stats is Griffin. Toovey too, but I doubt he'd be interested at this point in his life, but who knows.
If it happens anyway, it wont be until the end of the season, so plenty of time to go.

What happens if we lose our next two against the Warriors and the Dogs? Are the board going to hold their nerve and stick with Seibold?

There would still be plenty of coaches willing to put their hands up to work with the young talent we have, seibold is making us look worse than we actually are.

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.