International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Jack Bird

Wayne Bennett addresses star recruit Jack Bird’s future at the Broncos

May 11, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Im kind of excited more so for Roberts switching sides. I don't know how he'll go, but if he nails it, that'll be a pretty lethal attack to defend against.
Just hope his defence holds up, as Oates is a different winger to isaako, and sneaking too far infield in defence could cost us badly.

Im kind of excited more so for Roberts switching sides. I don't know how he'll go, but if he nails it, that'll be a pretty lethal attack to defend against.
Just hope his defence holds up, as Oates is a different winger to isaako, and sneaking too far infield in defence could cost us badly.

Oates and the jet attacking combo has the potential to be so so lethal.
Downside to this is if it hits its potential, it’ll up the interest from rival clubs in Oates and make it even harder for us to retain him next season.

I’ve got a sneaky feeling bird will get a meat pie tomorrow night.

Oates might be a little more suited to up and in defence. He's laid a few shots on unsuspecting fullbacks in his time already.

Although to me this year Roberts appears to be very reliant on his scrambling cover defence. A few times this year his man has got on his outside and Roberts has used his speed to catch up and tackle from behind.

Combine that with Oates who looks a little skittish when his center is beaten could cause a few issues for us

Just saw birds instagram post wishing his mrs a happy birthday. As long as she's around I don't think he has anything to be unhappy about..

Because he only shares his $20 voucher once a week?

He doesnt need to share, its like a Maccas gold card, he can spend $20 a day per store. He could do a maccas run stopping off at every store from Bribie to Brisbane! :D

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ozzball
  • Culhwch
  • jarro65
  • broncos4life
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Morepudding
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosgirl
  • dasherhalo
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.