10. Cotter
11. Fifita/Su'A
12. Luki/Nanai
13. Carrigan

14. Mahoney/Mozer/Simpkin/Chester
15. Horsbrough/Hopgood
16. Flegler
17. Gilbert

The forwards have an embarrassment of riches at the moment, even the backs, there is a lot to work with, even if out of position. The issue really is halves.
Munster is like 29 or so, so you'd think he'll be around for the next 3-4yrs... by that point Chicken Sanga night be a gun in the making.

I like the look of Dearden and feel literally the only thing holding him back from being a decent 7 already is a long kicking game... but that was similar to Bhunt and then he went to dragons and became a gun kicker.

Munster is like 29 or so, so you'd think he'll be around for the next 3-4yrs... by that point Chicken Sanga night be a gun in the making.

I like the look of Dearden and feel literally the only thing holding him back from being a decent 7 already is a long kicking game... but that was similar to Bhunt and then he went to dragons and became a gun kicker.

I deliberately ignored chicken sandwich.

Dearden will likely be our 7 moving forward. Sam Young Rooter doesn’t look like he has the goods to me, but time could change that Perspective
People were saying Dearden is hopeless a couple of years ago too. Playmaking halves take time to develop, I wouldn't be surprised if Walker is going great in a couple of years.

People were saying Dearden is hopeless a couple of years ago too. Playmaking halves take time to develop, I wouldn't be surprised if Walker is going great in a couple of years.
I think Walker will be fine as he gets a bit older... he looks undersized at the moment, but he's not really short... so if he starts to fill out a bit then he already has the vision to be a great running halfback.

Filling out will put some power into his legs and make his long kicker game better.

If Dearden can transition to a 7 before DCE and Hunt retire then I think we are Solved, Mam in for Munster from what I can see but there is still several years till that happens and there could be alot more players coming through we don't have on our radar yet.

Deardens Kicking game needs alot of work though, the lack of power surely can be worked on(technique is most important but just adding more leg strength can help a poor technique).

Of course I wouldn't write off Walker.

What about this for gen next (25 and under):
1. Walsh/Ponga/Savage/Chester/Campbell
Brimson as well,
Three very good full backs (&3 pretty good fullbacks) under 25.
And yeh as you said, our forwards are just silly good.
QLD is fkn on.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.