BHQ Countdown: Most hated players

Sorry this has taken a while, been a bit busy.

28. Josh Reynolds
-reynolds-roosters_mi0h8sza6re21w85ratkc75yw.png

2011-
Clubs: Canterbury, Wests Tigers
Rep Allegiance: NSW (4 games), Australia (0 games)
Highest Vote: 5 (Foordy)

27. Anthony Milford
image.png

2013-
Clubs: Canberra, Brisbane, Newcastle, Redcliffe
Rep Allegiance: QLD (2 games), Samoa (13 games)
Highest Vote: 7 (Renegade)
I knew you'd choose that picture of Reynolds if he made the list.

tbh if i had my time again milford probably wouldn't make the list, i forgot about people like greg bird who definitely deserve it over people like milf.

having said that, one of my most hated broncos. had all the talent in the world but just ultimately couldn't be fucked.

26. Corey Norman
image.png

2010-2021
Clubs: Brisbane, Parramatta, St George Illawarra
Rep Allegiance: QLD (1 game), Australia (0 games)
Highest Vote: 4 (Nashy)

25. Anthony Watmough
image.png

2002-2015
Clubs: Northern Eagles, Manly, Parramatta
Rep Allegiance: NSW (14 games), Australia (16 games)
Highest Vote: 3 (Fozz)

Anthony watmeow - the biggest cat of all

There was an article written around 2011 about his recovery abilities. Pretty sure the words used were "gene freak" about how well he was able to recover insanely fast at a cellular level, allowing him to almost never fatigue and keep pushing through. It's one of a few articles from the time that seem to be scrubbed from the internet since the Dank revelations.

Watmough was number five on my list. Absolute flog.

There was an article written around 2011 about his recovery abilities. Pretty sure the words used were "gene freak" about how well he was able to recover insanely fast at a cellular level, allowing him to almost never fatigue and keep pushing through. It's one of a few articles from the time that seem to be scrubbed from the internet since the Dank revelations.

Looking back, both him and Gallen were insane with how much energy and repeat efforts they were doing. They just never seemed to stop

Unlike a guy like Haas that is just built differently, they were nothing special as far as they’re physical makeup went:

I really struggled to not have Norman at 1.

Looking back, both him and Gallen were insane with how much energy and repeat efforts they were doing. They just never seemed to stop

Unlike a guy like Haas that is just built differently, they were nothing special as far as they’re physical makeup went:

View attachment 22951

A few years ago I would have agreed with you about Gallen, but after his fighting career I'm not so sure. The bloke is a freak, the amount of punishment he can take and how hard he works... I know 10 2 or 3 minute rounds in a ring is different to a game of league, but some of the principles around fatigue etc are the same. Gallen is absolutely different. Also still a drug cheat though, to be clear. And I'm sure he'll feature in this list too, as he rightfully should!

24. John Hopoate
1542426411492.jpg

1993-2005
Clubs: Northern Eagles, Manly, Wests Tigers
Rep Allegiance: NSW (1 game), Australia (2 games), Tonga (1 game)
Highest Vote: 5 (Accept)

23. Sonny-Bill Williams
Z.png

2004-2020
Clubs: Canterbury, Sydney
Rep Allegiance: New Zealand (12 games)
Highest Vote: 5 (Fozz)

Money Bill with the biggest dog act in the game, abandoning a club mid season for union dollars.

Money Bill with the biggest dog act in the game, abandoning a club mid season for union dollars.

And then having the arrogance to come out and claim he did it to stand up for player's rights.

The worst thing about SBW is we now have to hear him through some vapid half-time remarks on Sunday afternoons on Nine.

Besides all the other worst things, of course.

SBW’s interview with Weidler was a real low point in rugby league media. And the bar is very low.
The mic’d up SBW return was the 2nd lowest low point.

John Hopoates coat hanger stuff arm on Galloway was the most poetic end to a career of all time imho.

SBW’s interview with Weidler was a real low point in rugby league media. And the bar is very low.
The mic’d up SBW return was the 2nd lowest low point.

John Hopoates coat hanger stuff arm on Galloway was the most poetic end to a career of all time imho.

Active Now

• porouian
  • Mr Fourex
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bronxnationgirl99
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • johnny plath
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.