BHQ Countdown: Most hated players

18. Andrew Fifita
9k.png

2010-2022
Clubs: Wests Tigers, Cronulla
Rep Allegiance: NSW (10 games), Australia (7 games), Tonga (10 games)
Highest Vote: 1 (ChewThePhatt)

17. Ben Elias
image.png

1982-1994
Clubs: Balmain
Rep Allegiance: NSW (19 games), Australia (6 games)
Highest Vote: 5 (pennywisealfie, mrslong)
The NRL has Ben Rapistburger and the NRL has Backdoor ben.

Both are gross.

Can people following the game when he was playing, explain why Elias is just so hated? What's the photo referencing?

Can people following the game when he was playing, explain why Elias is just so hated? What's the photo referencing?
The photo is referencing a shot at field goal in the 89 grand final (I believe?)... it hit the cross bar and tigers went on to lose the game.

I think the game is also remembered for Sironen and Blocker being taken off at the same time... back in the day once you're subbed off you can't come back on... so tigers tried to close out the game with their two best forwards off the field.

It's basically a grand final win that was taken away from them... I'm pretty sure Blocker looks back on it still as one that got away.

There were a few off field rumours that has him as likeable as say a JDB. Add that to his onfield grub persona that makes Luai look like an alter boy. Not to mention he was good at football and played for the blues. The perfect villain.

There were a few off field rumours that has him as likeable as say a JDB. Add that to his onfield grub persona that makes Luai look like an alter boy. Not to mention he was good at football and played for the blues. The perfect villain.

Yeah well **** that guy.

I suppose my hate for him came from my Dad. My Dad never watched Sydney footy until the Broncos came in so he'd see him at Origin time and grew to hate this cheeky prick in blue.

My overbearing memory of him in Origin is him being pushed back on to his arse while attempting to play the ball. Penalty blown. The replay shows the Maroons never touched him. Literally the ultimate in milking a penalty.

Oh and I think he admitted to biting his own hand and showing it to the ref, claiming the opposition did it?

Just a fucking NSW cheat.

16. Cody Walker
https3A2F2Fprod.png

2016-
Clubs: Souths
Rep Allegiance: NSW (5 games), Australia (0 games)
Highest Vote: 6 (Bookhaki)

15. Jamie Lyon
Lyons_FI.jpg

2000-2016
Clubs: Parramatta, Manly, some club in country NSW
Rep Allegiance: NSW (10 games), Australia (8 games)
Highest Vote: 6 (Fozz)

I fucking hated Jamie Lyon.

I can't even remember why, I just did. He has a very punchable face. The turd.

Another backstabber like SBW. Quits on the Eels because he was "burned out" and wanted to go back home. Negotiates a release so he can play country footy. Eels agreed to do so if he doesn't sign with another NRL team.

Signs with St Helens and then comes back to play for Manly after two years. Lying Lyon.

Another backstabber like SBW. Quits on the Eels because he was "burned out" and wanted to go back home. Negotiates a release so he can play country footy. Eels agreed to do so if he doesn't sign with another NRL team.

Signs with St Helens and then comes back to play for Manly after two years. Lying Lyon.
Also the 'torso try'... was it ever seen again or another one and done against Broncos??

That Manly 2000’s team was vile from top to bottom.

*Ballin was ok I spose

Active Now

• Astro
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.