BHQ Gambling Association

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Anyone got any good bets for the final tonight?

A straight up Tedesco CC medal at $5 is still pretty enticing, there's also a bet on tap on Sportsbet - Tedesco, Cronk or Cordner for CC medal - $2.85.

Not sureeeee ay, maybe the Raiders will win.. :P

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Balancing a Roosters win at $1.40 with a Roosters/Raiders HT/FT at $12 looks enticing. Roosters start fast but Raiders grind on.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Balancing a Roosters win at $1.40 with a Roosters/Raiders HT/FT at $12 looks enticing. Roosters start fast but Raiders grind on.
$1.40 is a little below my threshold, I tend to avoid anything below $1.85 or so, not enough return value.

With that being said, I think it's super safe, can't see the Raiders winning tbh.

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
Anyone got any good bets for the final tonight?

A straight up Tedesco CC medal at $5 is still pretty enticing, there's also a bet on tap on Sportsbet - Tedesco, Cronk or Cordner for CC medal - $2.85.

Not sureeeee ay, maybe the Raiders will win.. :P
I’m thinking there’s a chance the nrl gives cc to Cronk should the roosters win.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
$1.40 is a little below my threshold, I tend to avoid anything below $1.85 or so, not enough return value.

With that being said, I think it's super safe, can't see the Raiders winning tbh.
Offset them against each other.

$4 on Roosters/Raiders, $10 on Roosters win.

Roosters win, you get your money back. If it goes Roosters/Raiders, you make a $34 profit. It only falls down if it goes Raiders/Raiders. In which case, suck shit Roosters.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Anybody hear of sporting champs??
It looks interesting if you like a punt without much of an outlay.

You can buy into a comp for as low as 2$ usually a set payout or payout determined by number of players. Set time limit , say , all day sat . You get 10,000$ play money to turn into whatever you can and payouts go down to 10 or so depending on pools. You can even join late in a game if they all stink and havent improved much on their 10k . Ive seen seen some pools where they are all below the starting point so you can buy in and only have to have a small bet to pick up a dividend.
Cheap way to have a bet on ggs or whatever.

Last edited:

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Thought I'd bump these 2 systems FWIW. Melb cup day isn't far off.
I will work out the selections from these systems when the final field is announced.

Rule 1 List any Cup acceptor placed in either the Caulfield Cup and MacKinnon Stakes
Rule 2 List any Cup acceptor placed 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the Moonee Valley Gold Cup
Rule 3 List any acceptor who was placed 1-2-3 in the Melbourne Cup at their last cup run
Rule 4 List the Lexus Stakes winner
Rule 5 Delete any horse whose last run in the Melbourne Cup was an unplaced run.
Rule 6 Delete any horse who is aged 3yo or 7yo or older.

This formula is compromised now because they have shifted the Mackinnon to Saturday after the cup
but these are the selections fwiw

Found another formula today that has apparently nailed the winner 18 times out of the last 20.

• Must have raced in Australia at least once prior to the great race
  • Must be in its first Melbourne Cup or previously placed within three lengths of the winner in its last Cup run
  • Must have either won or placed within two lengths of the winner in its last handicap race
  • Must be proven at 3000m-plus, if carrying any more than 55kg.
The two it didn't get were Viewed in 08 and Rekindling last year.

I have absolutely no idea which horses fit into this formula though and no idea where to look to check tbh.

Last edited:

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Thought I'd bump these 2 systems FWIW. Melb cup day isn't far off.
I will work out the selections from these systems when the final field is announced.
Hahaha, I literally came in here to do just this. Nicely done.

FTR, I got on Prince of Arran a few weeks back before he qualified, just on a hunch. I got him for $26/7 he's currently in to $15/4.50. Ran second or third last year.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
I've backed Constantinople @ $7. Sticking with the Northern hemisphere 3 year olds and it was a huge run in the caulfield cup.
At the moment I think the Caulfield cup is the form to follow with question marks on the first up internationals. It just gets harder every year now and I expect the Japanese will continue to come in bigger numbers given the success this year.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Just had my first racing bet in ages - $10 on Melody Belle in race five at Flemington.

Bloody ripper of a thing came home like a jet!

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Rule 1 List any Cup acceptor placed in either the Caulfield Cup and MacKinnon Stakes
Rule 2 List any Cup acceptor placed 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the Moonee Valley Gold Cup
Rule 3 List any acceptor who was placed 1-2-3 in the Melbourne Cup at their last cup run
Rule 5 Delete any horse whose last run in the Melbourne Cup was an unplaced run.

This formula is compromised now because they have shifted the Mackinnon to Saturday after the cup

The selections for this system are
Downdraft
Vow and Declare
Mirage Dancer
Cross Counter

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris

Downdraft
Vow and Declare
Mirage Dancer
Cross Counter
Still patiently waiting for you to tell me the winning horse to put my money on.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏

Downdraft
Vow and Declare
Mirage Dancer
Cross Counter
Vow and Declare is the one, Crag Williams riding, lowest weight of this bunch, get on it.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
I'm just sticking with Vow and Declare, each way.

For arguments sake my old man has been on Mer de Glace for months, and he spends more time on horse racing than I spend on rugby league.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter