BHQ Gambling Association

349a794fda6a78f93deaea0eb6df2e9f.png

I don't mind these odds..

Looking for advice here:

The situation: $10 on four leg multi with Broncos Warriors as last leg.

First three legs up, return $462 if the Broncos win
Early payout. $176
Warriors slight favs at $1.80

Back Warriors with a $100 for a $80 win less $10 for the original stake?
Take the $176 less the $10?
Ride the lot? Yes, I know it's only a $10 loss but is a bird in the hand better?

Looking for advice here:

The situation: $10 on four leg multi with Broncos Warriors as last leg.

First three legs up, return $462 if the Broncos win
Early payout. $176
Warriors slight favs at $1.80

Back Warriors with a $100 for a $80 win less $10 for the original stake?
Take the $176 less the $10?
Ride the lot? Yes, I know it's only a $10 loss but is a bird in the hand better?
Think I've figured it out. The Warriors are paying a bit over $3 for 1-12 and a bit over $4 for 13+ so I'm having $50 on each possibility. So it looks like 462 less 110 or 90 for the 1-12, or 140 for the 13+.

Anybody who likes a punt feel free to join in this comp. I've been involved for over 10 years. It's a lot of fun and a good way to have an interest in the spring races for a total outlay of $75. If you would like to join in send the following wording to the email below. Let me know if you enter and under what name so I can follow your results.
Please include me in the 2019 Spring Tipping Competition; First Name - Last Name - Username - Email Address - Mobile # -

docsracing@gmail.com <docsracing@gmail.com>;

Dear Punters,

It’s on again, the Spring Racing Tipping Competition returns in 2019 for another season of excitement. You are receiving this email as you are on the distribution list for previous Tipping Competitions.

This Spring we want to amp up the numbers and we encourage you to forward this email to family, friends, work colleagues, strangers you meet in TAB's, and the mother-in-law. We are launching the competition earlier than usual to allow time to build the pool of entrants and of course the pool of prize money. So feel free to spread the word - the comp starts in 4 weeks. The competition is a perfect way for novice punters to enjoy the horse racing industry, and history shows you don't need to know anything about racing to challenge the more seasoned punters (Doctor?)

If you no longer wish to be part of this competition then please select the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email.

The 2019 Spring Racing Tipping Competition kicks off on the 5th of October with a full book of classic Group races and continues over 5 weekends, culminating on Super Saturday Derby Day on November 2, which is one of the great days in Australian sport.

The competition is administered by The Committee which consists of a panel including Chris Stewart (Stewie), Murray Stewart (Muz), David Gamble (Doctor), Gavin Klein (Max), Simon Jenkins (Jenkisim) and Richard Jones (Jonesy). All Committee members have a life long desire to win this comp so they will also be entrants in the competition and eligible for all weekly and final standings prize money.

The Terms and Conditions are included at the end of this email for your information - unfortunately that makes for a long email!
What's it all about?
The competition is essentially a footy tipping style event (but for horse racing) that focuses on selected Group races conducted over 5 x Saturdays, commencing 5 Oct and concluding on 2 Nov, Derby Day.
This will cover the following meetings:

5 October - Turnbull Stakes Day
12 October - Caulfield Guineas Day
19 October - Caulfield Cup Day (The Everest)
26 October - Cox Plate Day
2 November - Derby Day

In addition to the selected races, each day will also have 2 x Special Conditions Races (Please refer to Terms & Conditions).

Points are awarded if your selection runs 1st (10pts), 2nd (6pts), 3rd (4pts) or 4th (2pts). The entrant with the greatest points at the conclusion of Derby Day is the winner.

How to Enter?
It is simple process to join.
To confirm you want to join, click on the JOIN NOW button below, you should automatically see an email to docsracing - just include your name and any contact details you are prepared to share (to assist us to match payments to entrants) and hit send. Once this is done all you need to do is pay the entry fee (BSB and Account details provided below).

To control the level of effort required to run the competition, the competition will be limited to a maximum of 180 members and will be on a first in basis. Feel free to pass on the invite to others who you think might like to be involved, and try and drum up additional business (so the prize pool increases!).

Terms and Conditions (Rules)
The T&Cs are provided at the end of this email. The Committee recommends reading the T&Cs prior to securing your entry via payment.
Payment

Membership costs a single, upfront payment of $75 per member. Payment is required to be made by 5.00pm on Thursday 3rd October, 2018. If payment is not received by this time, the member will not be eligible to participate in Week 1. Membership is only confirmed on receipt of the entry fee so please make sure you annotate your payment with your member name/s. Please make payment to:
  • Bank : Commonwealth Bank
  • BSB: 062692
  • A/c: 21292619
  • A/c Name: Murray Stewart
Prizes
The prize money will be determined when the number of entrants is finalised and will be published via email to all entrants. This will be broken into weekly and total prize money. At this stage we expect the prize money to be evenly split between Final Standings (50% - shared as determined by The Committee based on numbers, down to around 10th place, maybe even deeper) and Weekly Prize money (10% per weekend).
Selections
You will receive an email each Thursday night with the races for the coming weekend and details about how to submit your selections. The email includes a link to a Google Form - click on the link and all of the races and horses for the weekend will be available to you in drop down boxes. Providing you have done your form, then submitting your tips should take seconds!

Derby Day (Super Saturday) - 2nd, November, 2019
Clear your calendars for the final day of the competition on Derby Day on the 2nd of November. As with previous years we will be celebrating the final day as the final races unfold.

Good punting, and good luck – bring on the Spring!

From
The Committee

Terms and Conditions

This is a fun event, designed to enhance the Spring Carnival racing experience. The Committee will do its best to ensure fairness, but over the previous 19 years of running this competition and its growth beyond the original group of immediate friends and family, it has become important to provide these Terms and Conditions in order to ensure all entrants are informed about the competition rules and the obligations of the entrant to submit tips in the correct format and by the correct deadline.

• The Committee (Administrators) have the final say on ALL rules. (The Committee consists of David Gamble, Chris Stewart, Murray Stewart, Simon Jenkins, Gavin Klein and Richard Jones)
• The competition winner is the member with the greatest amount of points after the final race. If the leading point scorers are tied then they will share the prize money.
Saturday Cut Off time will be strictly at 10.00am Brisbane time. The Committee can not allow or accept any further tips to be placed after this time. The responsibility will be on the entrant to get the tips in on time. Please see ‘no selections submitted or received’ rule for selections awarded.
Points – 1st place 10 points, 2nd place 6 points, 3rd place 4 points and 4th place 2 points.
Deadheats share the points (ie two horse deadheat for 3rd results in 3 pts each).
Joker – Each member can select ANY race during the competition and play their ‘Joker‘. In doing so, they will receive DOUBLE POINTS for any place they obtain. If the joker is not played it will be forfeited. The Joker can be chosen only once throughout the competition.
Special Conditions Races – There will be 2 special conditions races each week, which will include a Trifecta Race and a Double Points Race.
Trifecta Race – Members will be required to provide 3 tips. Points will be awarded for all placings (4th or better) obtained by these 3 horses. For example, if a member tips the trifecta, they would be awarded 20 Points (10 for first, 6 for second and 4 for third).
• A Bonus 10 Points will be allocated to any tipper who is successful in picking the correct Trifecta ( It must be 1st, 2nd and 3rd placings)
Double Points Race – All points earnt in this race will be doubled (Jokers may be played but will not count for the Double Bonus Points eg a successful selection with a Joker played in a Double Bonus Points Race sores 30 points – 10 for the win, 10 for the Joker and 10 for the Double Bonus)
Longshot – Deemed to be the highest paying horse with winning odds over $15 on Qld TAB Tote. On the Final Day of Competition, the Longshot will be the highest paying horse winning for the day on the Qld TAB Tote. The Longshot is the sole discretion of the Committee and can be amended throughout the competition.
• If no Selections submitted or received, the member will be awarded the highest weighted, lowest saddlecloth third favourites from Friday’s ‘The Courier Mail’ Race Guide. If racing occurs on any other day than Saturday, the 3rd Favourites will revert to the prior day’s ‘The Courier Mail’ Race Guide and the member will be awarded the highest weighted, lowest saddlecloth.
• For example, if horse 4 and 7 are equal 2nd favourites at $4.50, and are both carrying 54kg (before any claims), horse 4 will be 2nd favourite and horse 7 will be 3rd favourite and awarded to the member. If this horse is scratched, the next highest weighted, lowest saddlecloth horse that runs will be awarded.
• If horse 4 and 7 are equal 3rd favourites at $4.50, and are both carrying 54kg (before any claims), horse 4 will be awarded as the 3rd favourite to the member. If this horse is scratched, the next highest weighted, lowest saddlecloth horse that runs will be awarded.
• Please note that any member who relies on the Friday 3rd Favourites twice will not be eligible for final prize money, or weekly prize money on the week(s) they are awarded the Friday Favourites (they can still collect weekly prizes for the remaining weeks).
• If a Public Holiday falls on the Friday, the member will be awarded the highest weighted, lowest saddlecloth third favourites from Thursday’s ‘The Courier Mail’ Race Guide.
Scratching’s and Changed Tips – If you have submitted your tips and there is a scratching prior to 10.00am Brisbane time, or you would like to change your tips, you are required to submit the tips again prior to the 10.00am Brisbane time. The submitted tips that will be used for the competition will be the last selection, prior to the cut off time. All other submissions will be null and void.
• Any horse declared a Late scratching will be allocated the horse that started favourite on the Qld TAB tote and will automatically substitute the late scratching.
• Selections not received (for whatever reason), will be grounds for The Committee to use the Fridays Third Favourite rule.
• If EI, or any other unavoidable cause, stop the carnival before 19th October, 2018 (day 3 of 5 for our tipping), then the money will be refunded (as a percentage of funds remaining). If we get through this day payments will be on placing’s as they stand when racing is stopped.

Weekly winner’s prizemoney – Please advise direct transfer details to your Bank Account – Provide a BSB, Account number and Account Name

Payment

*$75 Membership fee MUST be paid by 5.00pm on Thursday, October 3, 2019!

• Bank : Commonwealth Bank
• BSB: 062692
• A/c: 21292619
• A/c Name: Murray Stewart

PLEASE ANNOTATE YOUR NAME ON THE DEPOSIT TO ALLOW PAYMENTS TO BE ALLOCATED TO PAYEES

* If payment is not received by this time, the member will be able to continue with the competition, however, will not be eligible for any prizemoney in Week 1.

Last edited:
I had 3 insanely good bets lined up with about a month to go in the NRL season, I'm disappointed in myself, I only had the balls to place one of them, should've backed myself.

Haas top 10 in the Dally M voting - $2.40 (Put $100 on this)
Haas Rookie of the Year - $2.50
Moses Halfback of the Year - $3.50

Could've been a big pay day if I put a hundo on all 3 of them, like I should've.

Right big weekend on the punt
Cotric FTS and Canberra win @ $27.75
Whittaker by KO, Al Iaquinta on points, Tuivasa, Lima, Mathews @ $27.09
Rams, Vikings, Eagles, Raiders, Ravens, Patriots, Bills @ $39.78
Saints, Chargers, Packers, Colts & Browns @ $76.57 (feel the chiefs are due a loss)

Right big weekend on the punt
Cotric FTS and Canberra win @ $27.75
Whittaker by KO, Al Iaquinta on points, Tuivasa, Lima, Mathews @ $27.09
Rams, Vikings, Eagles, Raiders, Ravens, Patriots, Bills @ $39.78
Saints, Chargers, Packers, Colts & Browns @ $76.57 (feel the chiefs are due a loss)

Good luck with that, I might have to follow you in on one or two of those. I've got a multi on atm....

Roosters, Pierata to win the Everest into Homesman for the Cox Plate @ $83.72
Same multi but with the Raiders is paying @$179

I'm kicking myself I didn't put it on a few weeks back. Prior to it's last run Pierata was paying $6.70 and the Roosters were around $2.50. Compared to $4.60 and $1.40.

I want to throw some rugby games in but there's no point until they get to the finals

Anyone got any good bets for the final tonight?

A straight up Tedesco CC medal at $5 is still pretty enticing, there's also a bet on tap on Sportsbet - Tedesco, Cronk or Cordner for CC medal - $2.85.

Not sureeeee ay, maybe the Raiders will win.. :P

Balancing a Roosters win at $1.40 with a Roosters/Raiders HT/FT at $12 looks enticing. Roosters start fast but Raiders grind on.

Balancing a Roosters win at $1.40 with a Roosters/Raiders HT/FT at $12 looks enticing. Roosters start fast but Raiders grind on.

$1.40 is a little below my threshold, I tend to avoid anything below $1.85 or so, not enough return value.

With that being said, I think it's super safe, can't see the Raiders winning tbh.

Anyone got any good bets for the final tonight?

A straight up Tedesco CC medal at $5 is still pretty enticing, there's also a bet on tap on Sportsbet - Tedesco, Cronk or Cordner for CC medal - $2.85.

Not sureeeee ay, maybe the Raiders will win.. :P

I’m thinking there’s a chance the nrl gives cc to Cronk should the roosters win.

$1.40 is a little below my threshold, I tend to avoid anything below $1.85 or so, not enough return value.

With that being said, I think it's super safe, can't see the Raiders winning tbh.

Offset them against each other.

$4 on Roosters/Raiders, $10 on Roosters win.

Roosters win, you get your money back. If it goes Roosters/Raiders, you make a $34 profit. It only falls down if it goes Raiders/Raiders. In which case, suck shit Roosters.

Ended up just putting a bit on Teddy for CC & Tupou FTS.

Anybody hear of sporting champs??
It looks interesting if you like a punt without much of an outlay.

You can buy into a comp for as low as 2$ usually a set payout or payout determined by number of players. Set time limit , say , all day sat . You get 10,000$ play money to turn into whatever you can and payouts go down to 10 or so depending on pools. You can even join late in a game if they all stink and havent improved much on their 10k . Ive seen seen some pools where they are all below the starting point so you can buy in and only have to have a small bet to pick up a dividend.
Cheap way to have a bet on ggs or whatever.

Last edited:
Thought I'd bump these 2 systems FWIW. Melb cup day isn't far off.
I will work out the selections from these systems when the final field is announced.

Rule 1 List any Cup acceptor placed in either the Caulfield Cup and MacKinnon Stakes
Rule 2 List any Cup acceptor placed 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the Moonee Valley Gold Cup
Rule 3 List any acceptor who was placed 1-2-3 in the Melbourne Cup at their last cup run
Rule 4 List the Lexus Stakes winner
Rule 5 Delete any horse whose last run in the Melbourne Cup was an unplaced run.
Rule 6 Delete any horse who is aged 3yo or 7yo or older.

This formula is compromised now because they have shifted the Mackinnon to Saturday after the cup
but these are the selections fwiw

Found another formula today that has apparently nailed the winner 18 times out of the last 20.

• Must have raced in Australia at least once prior to the great race
  • Must be in its first Melbourne Cup or previously placed within three lengths of the winner in its last Cup run
  • Must have either won or placed within two lengths of the winner in its last handicap race
  • Must be proven at 3000m-plus, if carrying any more than 55kg.
The two it didn't get were Viewed in 08 and Rekindling last year.

I have absolutely no idea which horses fit into this formula though and no idea where to look to check tbh.

Last edited:
Thought I'd bump these 2 systems FWIW. Melb cup day isn't far off.
I will work out the selections from these systems when the final field is announced.

Hahaha, I literally came in here to do just this. Nicely done.

FTR, I got on Prince of Arran a few weeks back before he qualified, just on a hunch. I got him for $26/7 he's currently in to $15/4.50. Ran second or third last year.

I've backed Constantinople @ $7. Sticking with the Northern hemisphere 3 year olds and it was a huge run in the caulfield cup.
At the moment I think the Caulfield cup is the form to follow with question marks on the first up internationals. It just gets harder every year now and I expect the Japanese will continue to come in bigger numbers given the success this year.

Active Now

• Accept
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Hurrijo
  • bazza
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Porthoz
  • Pablo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.