BHQ Gambling Association

OK picture this. You sign up to a bookie on Melbourne Cup morning, keen to get some bets on. But they say you can't bet until the card is verified, maybe come back and try on November 18th.
You're also not taking into account the "smart" cheaters, who use their missus card but put down their name, so the bookie needs to verify with the bank who actually owns the card.

The bookie isn't being deceptive, they clearly state in the T&C's you can only deposit from a card in your name. It's the punters who are being deceptive and get caught.

You're putting 10mins thought into a problem that's had thousands of hours of work into improving, and thinking your simple solution will fix it all, when it won't.
Where did I say someone shouldn't be allowed to bet until the card is verified?

I said as soon as practicable. I get that there is no ideal solution, either you end up punishing those doing nothing wrong to cater for those that are (some of which might not actually be attempting to "cheat" the system), or vice-versa, but waiting perhaps months until someone attempts to withdraw (and perhaps multiple deposits, because most people aint making money from bookies) doesn't seem like it's really the best solution that could be offered.

But then again I guess it's which perspective you look at it from. You even said yourself it's done so it's in the bookies favour. From a business perspective, I 100% get why they would do it, but it still seems dodgy to me.

Yeah, the t&c's clearly state it, along with the other 100+ t&c's that no one probably reads when they sign up on melbourne cup morning in a hurry to put some bets on.

I just think in an industry where there is so many rules and regs put in place to try and protect gamblers, this is an area that could be improved upon. Why allow someone to keep betting if they are potentially (and most likely from my experience) never going to be able to have a chance at making a profit because they didn't do something correct at the start of the process?

Anyway, we'll probably have to agree to disagree.

Or you could ask in such a already heavily regulated industry, why add more?

When is it time for people to realise adults should take responsibility for their actions?

Below is the Sportsbet deposit screen when adding a new card. Not only is it stated in the T&C's, it tells you again when adding the card.

White Marlin for the Melbourne Cup.

I got on at $20.00 at the start of the year after a mate mentioned it. He got on at $32.00!

Down to $8.00 now.

6/6

White Marlin for the Melbourne Cup.

I got on at $20.00 at the start of the year after a mate mentioned it. He got on at $32.00!

Down to $8.00 now.

6/6
Yeah, jumped on it at $18 a couple of months back. Didn't realise it had pulled in so much, crazy.

I've got a 13 leg multi going.

Sharks to beat Roosters
Storm to beat Manly
Cowboys to beat Warriors
Panthers to beat Knights
Broncos to beat Titans
Dragons to beat Raiders
Eels to beat Bulldogs
Man City to beat Leicester
Arsenal to beat West Ham
Tottenham to beat Bournemouth
Newcastle to beat Aston Villa
Man United to beat Sevilla
Man United to beat Nottingham Forrest

I don't watch AFL to make any bets on that.

$5 for $2828.58 return.

I've got a 13 leg multi going.

Sharks to beat Roosters
Storm to beat Manly
Cowboys to beat Warriors
Panthers to beat Knights
Broncos to beat Titans
Dragons to beat Raiders
Eels to beat Bulldogs
Man City to beat Leicester
Arsenal to beat West Ham
Tottenham to beat Bournemouth
Newcastle to beat Aston Villa
Man United to beat Sevilla
Man United to beat Nottingham Forrest

I don't watch AFL to make any bets on that.

$5 for $2828.58 return.

I had actually forgot to confirm the bet and decided to change it up because I changed my mind on the Dragons beating the Raiders and decided to add a couple more games to it.

So all up $5 for a potential return of 7.7k.

@Super Freak @theshed

well looks like Reynolds and carrigan could both be out next week. Our little wager could be on. Give myself a 30% chance of winning if so. I was banking on it happening a little later in the season.

Tomorrow

Flemo R7 10
Doomben R8 8

How You Doin Hello GIF by SVT

Giga kicks odds are a little too low for me, although multi them together plus a few others and could get interesting. I'll be interested to see how Marlin goes, came 2nd last run but this is more his distance so I expect a better result. That said, I do like Vow and Declare in that Flem race tbh.

@Super Freak @theshed

well looks like Reynolds and carrigan could both be out next week. Our little wager could be on. Give myself a 30% chance of winning if so. I was banking on it happening a little later in the season.

Carrigan cleared.

Very interesting.. I think it’s Capewell either way.

Kovalica is another you could throw in if you wanted to make a multi out of it.

Finally found this thread. Love a punt.

Tomorrow

Caulfield
R1 First Mate @ 3.80+
R2 Life Lessons @ 2.80+
R8 Cylinder but too short now. Maybe if you like a multi
R9 Western Empire @ 19s

Randwick
R6 Hosier @ 5s getting a bit short now
R8 Mounga @ 13s

Finally found this thread. Love a punt.

Tomorrow

Caulfield
R1 First Mate @ 3.80+
R2 Life Lessons @ 2.80+
R8 Cylinder but too short now. Maybe if you like a multi
R9 Western Empire @ 19s

Randwick
R6 Hosier @ 5s getting a bit short now
R8 Mounga @ 13s

Good call on First Mate.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • Justwin
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • Jazza
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.