VOTE PAYNE HAAS is BHQ'S Player of Round 9

Who is your player of the Round (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It never went away. This team is not so dire. Add an Origin grade half, a captain and a consistent Isaako we're in the top 4.

1. Isaako: enigma. rising international at his best. Diabolic at his worst. (AT RISK)
2. Coates: departing international (VACANCY)
3. Herbie: rising international
4. Staggs: rising international. (VACANCY)
5. Oates: fading international
6: Milford: failure. Staggs will replace.
7: Gamble: champ, destined to be a bench fixture. (VACANCY)
8. Lodge, Carrigan: borderline Origin. Lodge will probably leave.
9. Turpin: massive motor, rarely lets us down. But lacking in attack. (AT RISK)
10: Haas: best in class
11: Riki: promising junior
12: TPJ: possible best in class
13: Flegler: good against Cowboys, but questionmark (AT RISK)

14: Bullemor: most likely to succeed
15: Kennedy: promising junior
16: Piakura: unknown quantity, but highly rated
17: Karmichael Hunt: wise old head.
18: Niu: failure

Throw in the likes of Reynolds, Capewell and Hynes, and we're spoilt for talent.

I like the detail here and of course the fact it is a list and agree with a lot of it but do also think Kennedy is not a promising junior, he is an established quality bargain squad player. I also think the judgement on Niu is a bit harsh, he is still really, really young, I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a decent player, just not sure what position.

I like the detail here and of course the fact it is a list and agree with a lot of it but do also think Kennedy is not a promising junior, he is an established quality bargain squad player. I also think the judgement on Niu is a bit harsh, he is still really, really young, I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a decent player, just not sure what position.
I was trying not to be overly optimistic. Kennedy and Riki both look good to me, but the latter, like Isaako and Flegler need some ironing around the edges. I was impressed by Flegler's effort against the Cowboys. If he keeps that up, he can stay. Same with Lodge. Ambivalent about both. They run hot and cold.

Isaako is the biggest puzzle for me. Maybe he'll take Coates' wing should we end up swapping him for Hynes as rumoured. But I'm not banking on that one. I was deeply unimpressed by Niu's effort for the Magpies on the weekend. I wouldn't be letting him anywhere near the side until that looks different. I'd be looking to offload him while the hype of him being the next Darren Lockyer is still fresh.

How did Riki go last weekend?

Isaako to lock 😉

Once again, PAYNE HAAS is BHQ's Player of the Round. Tevita Pangai Jr retains his hold at the top of the leaderboard. Special mention to Thomas Flegler for most improved performance, and a breakout for Rhys Kennedy who is beginning to really look the business.

BHQ Best 9

LEADERBOARD

Tevita Pangai Junior
283​
Payne Haas
251​
Jamayne Isaako
165​
Herbie Farnworth
152​
Matthew Lodge
92​
Jake Turpin
86​
Tyson Gamble
71​
Xavier Coates
68​
David Mead
58​
Anthony Milford
58​
Jordan Riki
57​
Corey Oates
53​
Tesi Niu
35​
Brodie Croft
28​
Rhys Kennedy
21​
Tom Dearden
18​
Ethan Bullemor
8​
John Asiata
7​
Ben Te'o
7​
Thomas Flegler
6​
Patrick Carrigan
5​
Alex Glenn
3​
Richard Kennar
2​
Danny Levi
2​

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.