BHQ Player of Round Eleven

Who is your player of Round Eleven? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cobbo
Oates
Staggs. Dominated his opposite number. And Knocking over all those conversions really helped keep the game out of reach for the knights.

Another week where we still win that game irrespective if Haas plays?

Would love to be Ikin right now - those negotiations... let's have a chat in the offseason Payne.

3. Cobbo
2. Oates
1. Mam

Ezra probably wasn't the 3rd best player, but I liked how he bounced back from a couple of early (albeit really bad) errors.

Another week where we still win that game irrespective if Haas plays?

Would love to be Ikin right now - those negotiations... let's have a chat in the offseason Payne.
Hass played well. Especially in that first half got a bunch of metres for us.

Cobbo and Oates were instant picks for 1 and 2 for me, but I couldn’t decide on third. Figured I’d sleep on it, but this morning I’m none the wiser. Maybe Gamble, just for being who he is. Loved the way he pissed the crowd off and his comments in the sheds after about milking the penalty then quickly reversing, denying milking it and not being sure if he will recover by next week from the hit. Pretty funny stuff.

Cobbo and Oates were instant picks for 1 and 2 for me, but I couldn’t decide on third. Figured I’d sleep on it, but this morning I’m none the wiser. Maybe Gamble, just for being who he is. Loved the way he pissed the crowd off and his comments in the sheds after about milking the penalty then quickly reversing, denying milking it and not being sure if he will recover by next week from the hit. Pretty funny stuff.
He's just so fucking genuine!! I'd hate him if he played for any other team but I love him to bits! 100% in everything he does, reminds me of a Jimmy Maloney or a Munster type of character. A lower talent ceiling obviously but he absolutely belongs in this team right now.

I need to make a special mention of Kobe Hetherington.

All of our bench played well above expectations, but Kobe's ability to find the gap and then find his front to ensure a quick PTB was again outstanding last night. No coincidence that when he came on and brought that special sort of magic the floodgates suddenly opened.

His rugged toughness still looks like an awkward teenager just discovering his body. Can't wait to see how much better he gets with a further 50 or so games and another season or two in the gym. He's shaping up to be an absolute beast.

I've said it before that he manages to go under the ref's radar, and is fast becoming our silent assassin in the forwards. Flegs, Patty, CJ, Haas and Palasia all had gutsy games but I think Kobe-Wan is fast becoming a real Jedi master.

I gave Jensen points but I reckon Staggs deserved points too. I’m loving when he makes a tackle and he follows it up by making another almost every single time. His defence is awesome this year. Plus his attack… I hope he doesn’t play Origin

I gave Jensen points but I reckon Staggs deserved points too. I’m loving when he makes a tackle and he follows it up by making another almost every single time. His defence is awesome this year. Plus his attack… I hope he doesn’t play Origin
You never followed up and told us all about that reason Smith dropped out of origin? Dude?

Kotoni's work out of marker has been exemplary. He's leading the kick-chase, smashing the fullback/winger then chopping down the next bloke from marker. Suddenly they're two tackles down and have gone nowhere.

Found it hard to pick a clear third after Selwyn and Corey. In the end went with Cory Paix for giving us the go-forward from dummy half. I can't see Turps getting back in the side now, not in front of Cory and Billy.

It's hard to tell whether we lift when Cory comes on because the team clicks into a another phase, or the opposition is being worn down. Whatever the case, it's working. By the 70th minute we've completely broken every side since putting this combo into place.

Was overall impressed with the physicality, the great thumping hits from Patty and Flegs in particular.

Too many errors this week. Maybe because Adam wasn't there to calm everyone down and steer the ship. Tyson doesn't have that calm, and his tactical kicking game is pedestrian.

If I were coach, I'd rip off the bandaid: promote Ezra, Tyson to 14 and drop Billy. None of which is deserved, but that's my gut feel.

If I were coach, I'd rip off the bandaid: promote Ezra, Tyson to 14 and drop Billy. None of which is deserved, but that's my gut feel.
Nah, Ezra got better as the game went on but he's still raw. He doesn't deserve elevation at this stage, nor do Walters and Gamble deserve demotion.

Nah, Ezra got better as the game went on but he's still raw. He doesn't deserve elevation at this stage, nor do Walters and Gamble deserve demotion.
All true, but we'll be a better team next year if we start building our future spine now. Tyson and Billy are only placeholders.

Once again so hard to pick unfortunately.

3. Cobbo

2. Staggs
1. All the forwards

I beg to differ ... I don't think it's unfortunate at all when it is tough to pick

All true, but we'll be a better team next year if we start building our future spine now. Tyson and Billy are only placeholders.
I agree to an extent, but these future players need to demand selection. I don't think anyone can look at Mam last night and go yeah that's definitely a first team performance.

I agree to an extent, but these future players need to demand selection. I don't think anyone can look at Mam last night and go yeah that's definitely a first team performance.
I don't think Billy and Tyson merit automatic selection either but they've certainly been notching up wins on the ladder. We saw a few glimpses of Ezra's brilliance last night. I'd like to see more of them.

I don't think Billy and Tyson merit automatic selection either but they've certainly been notching up wins on the ladder. We saw a few glimpses of Ezra's brilliance last night. I'd like to see more of them.
Outside of just what you see with ball in hand both are useful without it I would say and we don't see that on TV.

Ezra is quite far from first grade level even if he has shown some glimpses, he is at the stage where a few call ups now and then are what he needs rather then thrown in the deepend, best to ease him into the side over the next few seasons.

We haven't lost a single game since Tyson has been in the side, I would argue it's more to do with TMM but even still it's something we have to note, I also noticed we improved last year a bit when Tyson came into the side(we where still shit but there was a noticeable improvement).

Team cohesion is important, Rugby league is a mental game first I would say and having a loud mouth like Gamble in the team seems to lift the team.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • Santa
  • TimWhatley
  • cento
  • The Don
  • Shane Tronc
  • Evander
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.