BHQ Player of Round Fourteen

Who is your player of Round Fourteen? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Didn't even realise it was his 50th game tonight... was there any mention of it from the club?

Of course the image they show has Ronaldo taking a dive looking for a penalty

Of course the image they show has Ronaldo taking a dive looking for a penalty

That was the try saver ... that look on Ronaldo's face is pure frustration at not being able to penetrate our brick wall defence

That was the try saver ... that look on Ronaldo's face is pure frustration at not being able to penetrate our brick wall defence
I know it was the try saver... but Ronaldo knew he fucked it up and immediately stayed down holding his head looking for a penalty.

Ref obliged and sent it up to the bunker to see if they could find a penalty for Ronaldo

I know it was the try saver... but Ronaldo knew he fucked it up and immediately stayed down holding his head looking for a penalty.

Ref obliged and sent it up to the bunker to see if they could find a penalty for Ronaldo

i applaud your negative view of every other team and the NRL ... but in this case i think you're reading way too much into that

i applaud your negative view of every other team and the NRL ... but in this case i think you're reading way too much into that
Ref clearly said check for any contact on Ronaldo and Reece did get him slightly high (hence why he was holding his head)... there was nothing in it, because Reece is just covering looking to make a tackle, but that didn't stop Ronaldo looking for a penalty to cover up his **** up.

Both sharks wingers are perennial divers... if they feel anything that they can get a penalty for they'll stay down looking for it.

It was definitely a "oh no, I've been injured" clutching of the face. It's hilarious watching them now, they try to look hurt but also can't appear to be stunned or they have to come off for a HIA.

Staggs let through too many linebreaks to be getting 3 points from me.

3. Oates
2. Riki
1. Staggs

How good is it to have another week where it’s a struggle to to narrow it down to just three?
Walters had a solid defensive game and his delivery was seemingly more accurate. Staggs was going full bore like a possessed maniac and Riki put in all game too. I’ll go with those three, with credits to Oates, Arthars and Piakura.

Patty was even better.
Not really, he started better, but his defence got a bit sloppy in the second stint and allowed a line break, but Haas also missed a few tackles as well, imo Jensen had to be in the team to take more time off them(assuming he had no injury idk what happened with him).

They were both excellent, but Payne shades it.

Payne
17 carries, 180 metres
33 tackles, 2 missed - 94% tackle efficiency

Patty
13 carries, 129 metres
28 tackles, 4 missed - 88% tackle efficiency

Goodness we are blessed to have these two blokes in the team.

Where do people get all these stats from because i think this is the 3rd different set of stats for this game i've seen for these 2.

NRL for example has Payne down for 185m from 17 runs with 3 missed tackles from 33, and Patty having 150m from 15 runs with 2 missed tackles from 30.

I think these Stattos are just making it all up 😆

Where do people get all these stats from because i think this is the 3rd different set of stats for this game i've seen for these 2.

NRL for example has Payne down for 185m from 17 runs with 3 missed tackles from 33, and Patty having 150m from 15 runs with 2 missed tackles from 30.

I think these Stattos are just making it all up 😆
I assume the Fox league super coach stats, I think those are the more accurate of the two imo.

I assume the Fox league super coach stats, I think those are the more accurate of the two imo.
NRL.com is hopeless. It takes them hours to update the ladder and sometimes the leaderboard stats don't update until the end of the round. There's no reason why this data can't be live.

Looking at the table now. They still haven't updated the Penrith win. Fox updates theirs the second the game finishes.

If you take their live stats directly after the game, chances are they'll be missing some data from the second half.

This is probably why i pay very little attention to stats. I dont get how they can all be so different and what makes one more reputable than another. Think i'll stick to the eye test to decide if a player has had a good game!

Here is an example of what a waste of space NRL.com is.

Look at the byes column in these two tables. Both are up to date.

This one is the ladder:

ScreenScreenshot 2023 06 04 at 12 39 04 Ladder

And this is from the Ladder Predictor:

ScreenScreenshot 2023 06 04 at 12 37 18 NRL Ladder Predictor

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • LittleDavey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • broncs30
  • Manifesto
  • Wendall Taylor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.