BHQ Player of Round One

Who is your player of Round One? (Pick 3)

• Herbie Farnworth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kotoni Staggs

• Jordan Riki

• Ryan James

• Rhys Kennedy

• TC Robati

• Tyrone Roberts

• Corey Jensen (reserve)

• Brenko Lee (reserve)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

BHQ Bot

NRL Player
Senior Staff
Mar 9, 2018
Pick your three best players from Friday Night's match against South Sydney and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes on Monday afternoon.

1. Kelly
2. Capewell
3. Cobbo

Proud of all the boys tonight, particularly Albert. He has the six, for mine. Billy gets the utility role. Selwyn needs to stay on the wing while he learns the ropes. He was like a newborn foal out there tonight, all arms and legs, bumbling brilliance. No sign of whatever gassed him in the trials.

Don't expect we'll see Roberts again for a while.

3. Carrigan
2. Haas
1. Capewell

Carrigan was MOTM by the length of the Nile. He had a huge night. Haas wasn't close to his best and still did enough to get the 2. Capewell for his leadership and THAT field goal rounds it out with the 1.

Always good when its tough to pick just 3,palasia went about his business would be interested to know his mins played seemed like he was out there a while

Carrigan
Capewell
Oates

Hard to pick the third, Cobbo and Staggs were insane but bombed so many also. Inexperience for Cobbo but he needs to finish them off.

Carrigan was super tough, but the cleanup work by Capewell has me hoping we have our new Gillett.

Palasia surprised me, deserved his starting jersey.

And how great is it having both halves who fucking dig in in defence. Both tackled with genuine effort.

Far out James looks like he's well past it, I'd say as soon as one of the younger forwards matures he'll be out of the 17.

Carrigan
Haas
Capewell

When a forward out performs Haas, he's going to be Man of the Match.

3. Haas
2. Carrigan
1. Palasia

Honourable: Kelly & Walters

Capewell with the clutch field goal was certainly nice, but he wasn't in our best 3 tonight if we're being honest.

Funny part in the press conference.

Journo: Is Payne Haas the best prop in the game?
Walters: Best on field tonight
Capewell: *interupts* Yes.

Journo: Better than JFH?
Capewell: Payne's better. (staring straight at the camera and whispers sorry Fish)

JFH will be up for a big game when Penrith play us.

Cardigan
Haas
Kelly

Patty
57 minutes
17 hit ups
19 runs
182 metres
77 post contact metres
32 tackles
No misses

Haas
Beast as always but with far more 1%
Heaps of clean up work and blocking the kicker

Kelly
Looked dangerous

Carrigan for mine.

He was huge tonight. He made good metres from his runs, and while he threw a couple of not so good offloads, for the most part they were good.

Our go forward was lacking when both him and Haas were off.

First time in a very very long time I remember struggling to find a best 3.

Haas
Capewell
Carigan
+ the rest of the team to be honest

Unread

Active Now

• Locky24
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Dee
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Galah
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.