BHQ Player of Round One

Who is your player of Round One? (Pick 3)

• Herbie Farnworth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kotoni Staggs

• Jordan Riki

• Ryan James

• Rhys Kennedy

• TC Robati

• Tyrone Roberts

• Corey Jensen (reserve)

• Brenko Lee (reserve)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haas
Carrigan
Walters

I thought Walters was really good. He is dangerous when he takes the line on, I think he'd pair well with Reynolds.

Carrigan for mine.

He was huge tonight. He made good metres from his runs, and while he threw a couple of not so good offloads, for the most part they were good.

Our go forward was lacking when both him and Haas were off.
That would be down to James being poor. RK had good metres, averaging over 10m a carry compared to James with 4.8m and a total of 24m in 35 mins. RK had over 50 ms in 25 minutes, ten less than James and outworked him by a long way.

Haas
Carrigan
Walters

I thought Walters was really good. He is dangerous when he takes the line on, I think he'd pair well with Reynolds.
Same picks. Also agree he'd go okay with Reynolds. Mind you, Kelly was good too and it's a good headache for KW considering he has Gamble waiting and Mam putting pressure on too.

That would be down to James being poor. RK had good metres, averaging over 10m a carry compared to James with 4.8m and a total of 24m in 35 mins. RK had over 50 ms in 25 minutes, ten less than James and outworked him by a long way.
I agree that James was pretty average and Kennedy was much busier around the ruck. Just looking forward to the game that Kennedy doesn't stick out because of something silly he does. James will soon be playing Q cup i think when Flegler comes back.

This only works if metres made is the only stat we look at. James was for the most part ineffective with the ball in hand, but gave away no errors or penalties either. What was their defense like? Who was talking more? There's so much more happening that you're not paying attention to that actually evens up the metres made stat.

Funny part in the press conference.

Journo: Is Payne Haas the best prop in the game?
Walters: Best on field tonight
Capewell: *interupts* Yes.

Journo: Better than JFH?
Capewell: Payne's better. (staring straight at the camera and whispers sorry Fish)

JFH will be up for a big game when Penrith play us.
Truth but.
Payne is the best prop and this year will be the best forward in the game.
I just hope we get the extension deal done sooner rather then later.
He is worth the million a year imo. See him back there being a fullback? The bloke is not human.

Selwyn blitzed the error count with 6 and 3 handling errors, not sure Xavier managed that. Mind you, if even 1 of those had stuck we'd have been up another 4 points. Looks bad on paper, but it came across as more a reflection that the team has decided to send the ball his way. He and Kotoni need to work on their communication.

Jake: 52 tackles, missed 1. 0 Errors. 3 runs, 20 metres. Would like to see him step and run occasionally. And he needs to use Payne and Patty better. Dropping the ball back to them flat footed is a waste of talent. Still, the best hooker on the field last night thanks to a shocker from Cook.

Truth but.
Payne is the best prop and this year will be the best forward in the game.
I just hope we get the extension deal done sooner rather then later.
He is worth the million a year imo. See him back there being a fullback? The bloke is not human.
Payne's signed for three more seasons. His contract is the least of our worries right now. We need to allow the poor bastard to breathe a bit and feel like he has options. A better plan than trying to trap him is to make him happy to stay. I've never heard him say anything to suggest he wants to leave other than he was sorry to see his mates Fifita and TPJ leave. That tells me he's making friends with his teammates. I'm fine with that.

The obvious top 2 were Haas and Carrigan.
Palasia played a really good game, he was basically playing first receiver for most of the game directing forwards. He has some skills, and could definitely compete for that 13 role.

Payne's signed for three more seasons. His contract is the least of our worries right now. We need to allow the poor bastard to breathe a bit and feel like he has options. A better plan than trying to trap him is to make him happy to stay. I've never heard him say anything to suggest he wants to leave other than he was sorry to see his mates Fifita and TPJ leave. That tells me he's making friends with his teammates. I'm fine with that.
Not saying he wants out at all.
I just don't want it to be a distraction for the next few years, we know the media will play on it as a headline, much like they already have..
I do strongly agree on making this place a club he doesn't want to leave. I think that will probably play more of a role than anything else. He and Patty could well become the best one two punch middle combo in the game if they build off last night.
Now inject Reyno playing off the back of it.

Haas
Carrigan
Walters

To be honest, first time I've seen a full game with Walters and I was pleasantly surprised. Like that he never seemed to panic or force a play. Liked his control.

And what's to say about the two amigos? Huge minutes, huge tackle count, huge metres. Bedrock of the pack for years to come hopefully.

This only works if metres made is the only stat we look at. James was for the most part ineffective with the ball in hand, but gave away no errors or penalties either. What was their defense like? Who was talking more? There's so much more happening that you're not paying attention to that actually evens up the metres made stat.
How do you know I'm not paying attention to the whole package? And **** off, talk equals metres????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I know you're trolling. James made 24 metres from 6 hitups, Kennedy almost matched that in just two runs! Right, James (Earl Jones obviously) mighty voice far outweighs metres made🙄

I think most of us agree James and Kennedy are both very average and barely first grade standard. When at full strength neither should be in the side.

The Kennedy fest is a little much. He is decent quality depth for injuries etc but not close to our best 17 when all available. If our front row can maintain what we saw last night with Flegs and Robati back, boom!

I know Cobbo made a few errors and blew a few chances, but jeez i get excited every time he is within 20 meters of the ball.
The kid is 18 and raw, and with some first grade gametime under his belt, he will only get better and better.
Cant wait to watch his career unfold at the Broncos.

How do you know I'm not paying attention to the whole package? And **** off, talk equals metres????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I know you're trolling. James made 24 metres from 6 hitups, Kennedy almost matched that in just two runs! Right, James (Earl Jones obviously) mighty voice far outweighs metres made🙄
You can definitely tell you’ve never coached a sport before.

Unread

Active Now

• MaroubraBroncos
  • Dee
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Galah
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Locky24
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.