BHQ Player of Round Twenty-Two

Who is your player of Round Twenty-Two? (Pick 3)

• 4. Delouise Hoeter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9. Billy Walters

• 11. Kurt Capewell

• 12. Jordan Riki

• 13. Kobe Hetherington

• 14. Jake Turpin

• 15. Rhys Kennedy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Pick your three best players from Saturday’s match against Newcastle Knights and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes on Monday afternoon.

3 - Cobbo
2 - Martin
1 - Oates

TMM
Reynolds
Cant go Cobbo, way too many errors so I gave the third vote to Haas

Haas
184m (more than the other 2 starting middles combined)
Topped the tackle count with 43 and didn’t have a single miss

TMM, Oates and Haas.

Reyno was close but he made alot of iffy plays, his kicking mostly was nuts though and excellent setup for Cobbo.

Oates - Absolutely fantastic. He is pretty much in the best form of his career. Slater was nuts not picking him in Origin 1 and 2. We need to make sure he's a one club player. He's a family favorite around my joint.

Cobbo - He had some sloppy moments but he made up for it with his tries and great metres gained. I think he had a good night with tackle breaks as well.

Reyno - I was so tempted to give TMM the 1 vote but Reynold's kicking basically won us the game. The sneaky play off the drop out that went into touch, the pin point kicks to Cobbo and some decent grubbers into the in goal.

Honorable mention: TMM - It really is a massive bummer that he is on his way out. I have high hopes for Walsh but you cannot deny the positive influence Martin brings to the side. His organizational skills are immense. The Warriors will be well served having him down there.

I agree Cobbs had too many errors to get a point but it was wonderful to see him back to his usual self a lot more.

I agree Cobbs had too many errors to get a point but it was wonderful to see him back to his usual self a lot more.
Too many wet ball handling errors in general. It's become a troubling pattern, especially Cobbo and Riki. We would have chalked up a cricket score had we been able to hang onto the ball. Riki's copping the most shit today for it, deservedly, but like Cobbo's tries, Jordan's defence was pretty good.

I didn't notice Billy Walters doing anything special but we went to shit when he went off and perked right up when he came back. He must be doing something right.

Too many wet ball handling errors in general. It's become a troubling pattern, especially Cobbo and Riki. We would have chalked up a cricket score had we been able to hang onto the ball. Riki's copping the most shit today for it, deservedly, but like Cobbo's tries, Jordan's defence was pretty good.

I didn't notice Billy Walters doing anything special but we went to shit when he went off and perked right up when he came back. He must be doing something right.
Yeah, at the bare minimum Billy is doing a good job of not being Turpin. Most of the season, Paix has been taking us to another level when Billy goes off so to me the difference between Turpin and Billy is the same as the difference between Billy and Paix. Hopefully Paix is selected and back to his best next week.

Not sure if articulated that well but my point is
Turpin < Billy < Paix

Yeah, at the bare minimum Billy is doing a good job of not being Turpin. Most of the season, Paix has been taking us to another level when Billy goes off so to me the difference between Turpin and Billy is the same as the difference between Billy and Paix. Hopefully Paix is selected and back to his best next week.

Not sure if articulated that well but my point is
Turpin < Billy < Paix
I think he has to go with Billy starting and Paix on the bench for the rest of the season, and have a long hard think about the makeup of this position next year, because it's looking like the musical chairs in the halves we went through the last few years. The reason for that was none of the combinations stood out enough. He's already decided to let Turpin go. I didn't see any compelling reason last night to give him another game.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.