BHQ POTS Round #9 vs. Cowboys

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Player of the Season Round 9 against the Cowboys votes. Click the Voting banner at the top of the forum or the Link below:

3. McCullough
2. Hunt
1. Parker

Hunt, Macca, Hannant (damn), oh well ... Barba

Last edited:
matt scott.
but seriously
hunt
macca
hodges
hon mention parker

3- Hunt
2- Macca
1- Barba

I can't give any points to Parker. He's been a bit loose in defence, failing to move across quick enough, did it a few times last night and was primarily to blame for the Scott try.

Barba for mine gets the 3. It's not his fault Reed dropped the certain try. Was busy all night, looked sharper on his feet and really mixed it up to keep the defence guessing.

Hunt gets the 2. Unlucky not to get full points.

McCullough gets the 1. I kept a close eye on him to see how he'd last the 80. He was absolutely rooted after 20 minutes but kept turning up. At about 30 minutes, right when the legs would have felt like jelly, there was one set where he did 4 tackles in a row. His kicks for the sideline were extremely valuable too.

Hunt still massive liability in defence, particularly against smart offenses, who can get him away from simple front on tackles. Just watch the replays of the big length of field line breaks by the cows last night. That's Ben Hunt having no lateral defence ability. No way you can have him as number 1. But I am warming to him.

3- Hunt
2- Barba
1- Macca

Special mention to Matt Scott. I know he played for the opposition, but holy shit I hope he brings this for QLD.

So....which is it? I agree with the 1st.
LOL, I forgot I had already posted my votes last night.

I actually voted according to the second post after putting myself through the pain of watching the replay... I thought Barba was much looser and quicker than he has been for us, and while Macca was good, he let us down a few times in defense.

Special mention to Matt Scott. I know he played for the opposition, but holy shit I hope he brings this for QLD.

Best game I've seen him have in a while. Love his no frills, old school play style. No fancy footwork, no pushing of offloads, just grunt and grit.

3. Macca
2. Hunt
1. Barba

Didn't get to see the whole game, but these were my standouts from what I saw.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Redux
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Stix
  • Alec
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncos Maestro
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.