BHQ's Best Ever Broncos Team - CAPTAIN - final poll

Our best ever Broncos team should be captained by...

• Darren Lockyer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Justin Hodges

• Wendell Sailor

• Kevin Walters

• Allan Langer

• Kerrod Walters

• Petero Civoniceva

• Gorden Tallis

• Tonie Carroll

• Total voters
M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It's been a long off-season and our best ever team polls now draw to a close with the sad news that one of our best-ever centres named in the team will miss most of the 2010 season [icon_frown

But let's keep the note a happy one and vote on who you think should captain the best ever Broncos team of all time. Voting will run for only FIVE days this time so get in quick. Decisions, decisions. I've put all 13 there as options because any member of the starting 13 of a team *could* be captain, but of course this one should be a three-horse race, or maybe four.

IMO this was the hardest poll out of the lot, even tougher than picking between Petero and Lazarus or trying to select a four-man bench.

Tallis just gets the nod from me here, but there's absolutely nothing in it. I guess it's solely down to the fact that Gordie was never our best or most flashy player, unlike Lockyer and Langer. Unlike those two, he didn't win a whole heap of games through great vision and clever kicking (but we won't deny him that last-second strip for the win against South Sydney in 02!), but what he brought to the table was passion and courage.

A true captain in every sense of the word and a great footballing leader!

Langer for me as he could influence the ref like no other, lead by example and never let the (c) affect his own game.

Tallis for the same reasons as mick. He was a true leader.

I went Lockyer because he effortlessly makes his team want to play for him.

I went Langer mainly because captaincy made him a better player. Lockyer and Tallis were dynamo players regardless of whether they had the (c) on their back.

Tough one for sure but in the end it's Langer for me - I think his mere precense inspired his team-mates to greater heights a bit more so than any of the others. Also like Coxy said - the (c) helped bring out even better from him.

Where is Shane Walker? Obviously our best ever captain haha

I went with Tallis.

The man was a machine and his leadership was excellent.

Amazed Locky is creaming this poll. Don't get me wrong, great captain. But surely Alf deserves some love for his 4 premierships in 7 years as captain!

As opposed to me creaming over Lockyer.

Oh yeah, I took it there.

I think you said it awhile back Coxy. But its what sits in our minds that comes out in the poll. And for all of us Lockyer is the first thought when we think "Broncos Captain"

Tallis, such an awesome captain :)

draggx said:
I think you said it awhile back Coxy. But its what sits in our minds that comes out in the poll. And for all of us Lockyer is the first thought when we think "Broncos Captain"

Yep, just like the global warming believers...it's what they're hearing the most right now so they believe it :P

Hehehe.

*here fishy fishy fishy*

Coxy said:
Amazed Locky is creaming this poll. Don't get me wrong, great captain. But surely Alf deserves some love for his 4 premierships in 7 years as captain!

Honestly, Tallis helping the 2003 Broncos to the finals is a way bigger achievement than Alf winning premierships in the 92-93 teams IMO.

mick said:
Coxy said:

Honestly, Tallis helping the 2003 Broncos to the finals is a way bigger achievement than Alf winning premierships in the 92-93 teams IMO.

Is that a bait? The Broncos led the comp at the halfway mark of the 2003 comp and then didn't win any of their last 7 matches and were lucky to stay in the 8.

gUt said:
I went Lockyer because he effortlessly makes his team want to play for him.

Agree with this. Langer and Tallis were great captains but Lockyer edges them out IMO.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Maddy
  • Foordy
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • levikaden
  • Stix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Inknition
  • BroncosAlways
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.