BHQ's Best Ever Broncos Team - Centres

The two best centres of all time for the Broncos are...

• Steve Renouf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Johns

• Darren Smith

• Tony Currie

• Mick Devere

• Shaun Berrigan

• Chris Walker

• Other

• Total voters
Anonymous person said:
honestly, Justin Hodges has been pretty disappointing for the Broncos overall IMO. he was at his best at the Roosters, and has been far too inconsistent and injured too often to be anywhere near the level that Smith and Renouf were.

Agreed and disagreed - still think he has played better for the Broncos overall, but still disappointing. Injuries aside, the bloke also has had a short fuse and his attitude has gotten in the way of his on-field performances too many times.

That wasn't the case with Chris Johns and Darren Smith. If Hodges had another injury-free season and pulled his head in, he'd be right up there for most people.

I can't beleive Tate hasn't got a vote. Not saying he should be in the team, but he made it as one of the centres of this decade, and can't even get a single vote

Coxy said:
A _little_ surprised with Hodges love to be honest.

I think it's just that people are always going to vote for more recent players as they are the ones they have the most vivid memory of. If Darren Smith was playing in the 2009 team and Hodges in the late 90s, I'd say the results would be a little different.

OXY-351 said:
I can't beleive Tate hasn't got a vote. Not saying he should be in the team, but he made it as one of the centres of this decade, and can't even get a single vote

Tate had a couple of good seasons, then suffered suffered a multitude of injuries and turned into a one-dimensional player.

He was brilliant early on, but after so many setbacks, his game has waned.

I wouldn't say his game has waned NNN. His performance in the 2008 Origin series was outstanding, and he played very well for the Warriors that season as well. And he played a couple of very good games before he got injured last season too.

Not saying he should be one of the centres picked here though.

Voting still has a day to go, but looks as if Renouf/Hodges will take it out...

A cannot fathom how Chris Johns only has 4 votes, best kick chase of alltime and probably the best defender and support player to play centre ever at the club.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.