BHQ's Best Ever Broncos Team - Props

The two best props of all time for the Broncos are...

• Glenn Lazarus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shane Webcke

• Andrew Gee

• Mark Hohn

• Ben Hannant

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters
M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
With a stellar backline done and dusted, it's time to move on to the engine room.

So who should line up in the #8 and #10 in the Broncos best ever team?

Jeez this was tough. I mean, Webcke naturally picked himself but there are a host of contenders for the other spot. Lazarus, naturally - one of the greatest props of the modern era who won premierships with three different clubs. Andrew Gee even has a special place in the heart of the Broncos - his commitment and passion for the club was second to none. Gavin Allen and Mark Hohn were also favourites of mine back in the day.

But I just can't go past Petero. He formed easily the best prop combination of the modern era with Webcke and was the cornerstone of our pack for so long. Without the two of them, I think it's fair to say the Broncos would have at least missed a finals series or two in the last decade. Tough call, particularly now that he's with Penriff, but the Civ gets my nod.

Webcke and Lazo for me to. Was hard not to pick Petro

Had to go with Webcke for the first spot, what a legend. Brick gets the second because he helped us to our first premiership, setting up that winning culture we have. I personally think Petero is a better prop than Lazarus (not by much) but I just had to go with Brick because of his influence on our culture. Gee was a great servant of the club too, he should be on the bench with Petero.

Well Fozz I reckon in any event whoever misses out out of Petero & Lazarus will definitely have a home on the bench. Couldn't be a Broncos 17 without 'em.

Lazo and Petero for me, I think Petero had slightly more to his game than Webcke but there is a bee's dick in it. Lazo is a freak.

Webcke and Petero for me.

Two brilliant players who never let the team down.

I went with Webbie and Petero. Not underselling Lazo's importance from turning us from a flashy team with no grit to a full on premiership machine, but Petero was so instrumental for 10 seasons, he just pips him for longevity in the maroon and gold.

IMO of course.

Was tough picking only 2 of Webbie, Petero and Lazzo. In the end I had to go with Webbie and Petero, the deciding factor for me was that we developed those 2, whilst we bought Lazzo - I just couldn't split them any other way. Lazzo will definitely get a bench spot though.

Webcke just has to be picked, so Webcke and Lazo.

Webcke and Civoniceva, hands down.

Lazarus was good, but not as good for as long as those 2.

Gee could play great, but could also play rubbish. also gave away far too many penalties.

Harvery Howard deserves a mention though. i miss the ol' grasscutter.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Waynesaurus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.