Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dan STAINS

• Steve PRICE

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Webcke and Price got my votes. Civoniceva and Beetson just missed out.

we need a nutley option haha

The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
we need a nutley option haha

Chris Beattie too. [icon_lol1.

No seriously - If John Buttegeig gets a nominee then so should nuts and beats!

Buttegieg had a ripper of a series in 2001, especially in game 1 where I don't think he even had a rest after averaging 53 minutes a game in club football!!!

Nutley can't get a nomination on the back of just 1 game where Queensland got smashed.

What about Ben Ross? Surely hes in this category for dodgy nominations

Buttegeig >>>>>>> Nutley, Beatie

This is by far the hardest position to pick I reckon. I went for Webcke and Backo but could have easily picked so many others. Guys like Bella and Gavin Allen were enormous for Qld in Origin, Price and Petero have been Qld's best over the last 3 series and Dowling was a fearless leader of our pack against some star studded NSW lineups.

In the end Webcke got one spot because of his amazing consistency both in performances and availability (don't think he missed an Origin game in his 7 year career) and Backo got the other because he was the dominant forward in Origin during the late 80's.

Price and Civoniceva.

It hurts me to not pick Webcke, but i think in the last 3 years these two have been the reason we have gone so well. Webcke definitely gave his all everytime he played no matter wat team, but i think his involvment in a lot of losses changed my mind. Price and Civo have also been involved in the losses but have come into their own since Webbie left.

Webcke and Price.

Sure, Civoniceva has played in more winning series so could be looked on as a more favourable option.

But, even when Qld was getting smashed for years on end, Webcke's attitude and commitment would never, ever fade. That's what the jersey is all about and no one served it as well as big Shane Webcke imo.

So hard to choose. Like others have said, an almost impossible task. I went with one of the old and one of the new - Sam Backo and Steve Price. I tried to rate them just on Origin performances, to try to somehow pick the "greatest" from a bunch of 6 or 7 "greats". GD got damn close to getting my vote, tough as nails and always up for the fight. So too did Webcke and Civo, but in a vote clincher I just think their reputation comes more from their mighty performances for the Broncos than for Qld, especially Webcke who although he gave 100% every time, I can remember being slightly prone to dropping the ball on occasions and like someone else said, was involved in a lot of losses. If I could pick 3 (a bench player?) I'd pick Petero - he really has been first class over the last few years.

The people who can't look past the Webke/Price/Civo trio, seriously, you either weren't around in the 1980s or you just don't remember. Honourable mention to big Artie but on Origin alone, hard to judge him on 1 game at the end of his career. If they'd started Origin 10 years before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.