• Jason HETHRINGTON

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rock said:
Hammo said:
Boxhead hands down.

however, injury free for 1 or 2 more series and Cam Smith will pwn this spot quicker than Steve Price pwned Pearce Jnr.

Cam Smith is going to be the greatest Origin leader, barring the King, QLD has ever seen....Australia doesn't count, as I don't care what the NSWRL thinks.

He'll be stastically the most successful captain, but he's far from a "leader" and he would never compare to the King as far as being a "leader" is concerned. Everyone in the QLD team looked at Wally as being the messiah, the man who wins the heart of not only the fans but his players too.

Cam Smith is far from that...

Which is why I stated;

Hammo said:
Cam Smith is going to be the greatest Origin leader, barring the King, QLD has ever seen....Australia doesn't count, as I don't care what the NSWRL thinks.

And as far as being a "leader", there are many types of leadership...like the leadership displayed by Lewis, the greatest player to ever play Rugby League, and leadership the way Cam Smith leads.

FTR, Cam Smith is the player that gave the halftime speech Game 2.
Cam Smith is the player that gave the speech seconds before QLD took the field Game 3.
Cam Smith is the player that gave the speech halftime Game 3.
Cam Smith is the player who walked over, alone, to shake hands with every NSWRL player after Game 3.

Make no mistake, Cam Smith is something special, he smacks of leadership. And the guy is 25. His future is limitless if he remains injury-free. In fact, after Locky retires, Cam Smith WILL be the permanent QLD and Australian captain for the next 6+ years.

For me it was almost impossible to separate Steve Walters and Cam Smith, but I went for Smith.

Walters over Smith but as Hammo suggests 2 more campaigns and I may be swaying the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.