Who IS The Greatest QLD State of Origin Winger

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
OK boys and girls, here are the finishers.

Please note you can vote for 2 players in this poll. So please make sure you vote twice!

Kerry Boustead
(1980-84)
6 Games
4 Wins, 2 Losses
5 tries

Willie Carne
(1990-96)
12 Games
5 Wins, 7 Losses
5 Tries, 3 Goals
1 Man of the Match

Brett Dallas
(1993-97)
10 Games
5 wins, 5 Losses
4 Tries

Michael Hancock
(1989-96)
14 Games
7 Wins, 7 Losses
5 Tries

Greg Inglis
(2006-Present)
5 Games
2 Wins, 3 Losses
5 Tries

Alan McIndoe
(1988-90)
9 Games
7 Wins, 2 Losses
3 Tries

John Ribot
(1982-85)
8 Games
4 Wins, 4 Losses
3 Tries

Mat Rogers
(1999-2000)
5 Games
1 Win, 4 Losses
3 Tries, 12 Goals, 1 Field Goal

Wendall Sailor
(1996-2001)
14 Games
5 Wins, 1 Draw, 8 Losses
1 Try

Dale Shearer*
(1985-96)
26 Games (5 As Reserve)
11 Wins, 15 Losses
12 Tries (An Origin Record) 9 Goals

* Also shortlisted as a Utlity

Matt Sing
(1995-2005)
24 Games (2 As Reserve)
10 Wins, 14 Losses
5 Tries
1 Man Of The Match

Brent Tate*
(2002-Present)
13 games (1 As Reserve)
5 Wins, 1 Draw, 7 Losses
5 Tries

* Also shortlisted as a Centre

Lote Tuqiri
(2001-02)
6 Games
3 Wins, 1 Draw, 2 Losses
5 Tries, 4 Goals

Sing has to be there! The amount of tries he has saved is absolutely ridiculous. He has also scored a few which has been more than handy.

Carne has to be there too, although I was tossing up between him, Tuqiri and Sailor!

Sing definitely. Not sure about the other 1.

Bloody hell, probably the toughest of all positions to pick imo. Carne and Sing, but not by much.

My favourite alltime player Bowie for one wing, and the man who saved Qld more times than even Wally in SOO Matt Sing on the other for this little black duck icon_thumbs_u

Boustead and Shearer for me. Shearer was awesome in Origin

I voted the same way Meat. Carne played in a lot of losing sides. In fact, I imagine the only winning series he played in was 1991.

This was really really hard!! I went with Sing and Boustead.

Carne was very close so was Shearer.

I never rated Sing that highly. Great defensively, but not in the class of the other wingers in the list.

But, to each their own!

Sing was my first choice. He wasn't as awesome in club games but was so often our saviour in origin. He saved so many tries and was as tough as nails.

Sing for sure. He stopped so many tries, even ones over the line. I vividly remembers menzies already over the tryline trying to better the position and sing came from nowhere to hold him up haha. Carne is my other choice

Pffft. Kids today! They can't remember when Origin actually mattered and was played by real men! They vote for showpony poofs like Carne and Sing! :P

I went for Kerry Boustead and Dale Shearer

Wonder who Sylve voted for - you can't vote for the same person twice can you?

I'm gonna guess Carne and Sing! Especially with her fetish for karaoke. "Carne Sing us a song!"

OK, that was lame.

Coxy said:
I'm gonna guess Carne and Sing! Especially with her fetish for karaoke. "Carne Sing us a song!"

OK, that was lame.

Indeed it was! [icon_wink [icon_lol1.

I dont think she has voted yet. But it wont be any surprise to anyone Willie would be one vote!

She would probably go Sing, Shearer or Hancock for the other I think

Frank the Tank said:
[quote="mick!":3ponpqki]Bloody hell, probably the toughest of all positions to pick imo. Carne and Sing, but not by much.
agreed, we've had too many fantastic wingers.

i voted for Sing.[/quote:3ponpqki]

My oath.

I think Sing is the only one who really needs to be there. But, aside from that - I can discount Tuqiri (if not for his kicking alone in THAT game) and Sailor (who never really shone as much as others in SOO)... but that still leaves out the likes of Boustead (due to me being born in 1984 more than anything) and Hancock (who is one of my all-time faves).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.