Biggest grub in the game

Major JW Hochstetter said:
As always, Corey Hughes needs a run in a thread like this.

Damn straight! The elder statesman of modern grubbiness.

Thurston and hodges are definitely up there too. While neither purposefully injure other players, they put a lot of niggle into the game and have lots of cheap shots in tackles.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Thurston and hodges are definitely up there too. While neither purposefully injure other players, they put a lot of niggle into the game and have lots of cheap shots in tackles.

Big leap from Hodges' niggle to Gallen's downright dirty play though wouldn't you say?

For sure. Cameron Smith would do more niggle in a single game than Hodges and Thurston combined. And I don't consider Smith a dirty/grubby player at all.

Gallen was always going to top this list, but his disgraceful action this week is a new low point, even for him. Downright grubby player, hope he gets picked and SMASHED in state of origin.

Meat77 said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Big leap from Hodges' niggle to Gallen's downright dirty play though wouldn't you say?

It is, which is why i said neither purposefully go out there to injure players, but they are very very annoying nonetheless.

mick! said:
Gallen was always going to top this list, but his disgraceful action this week is a new low point, even for him. Downright grubby player, hope he gets picked and SMASHED in state of origin.

I'm disappointed Sims isn't a Queenslander. Can you imagine him unleashing his pain on Gallen in Origin? Hehehehehe.

Just have to settle for him doing it when the Broncos smash the Guppies in round 10 _woohoo_

Coxy said:
mick! said:

I'm disappointed Sims isn't a Queenslander. Can you imagine him unleashing his pain on Gallen in Origin? Hehehehehe.

Just have to settle for him doing it when the Broncos smash the Guppies in round 10 _woohoo_

Thats why we have Crocker!

QUEENSLANDER said:
Coxy said:
mick! said:

It's going to be so awesome having him back in a Queensland jersey :D

Gallen is up for a 3-4 week suspension for this incident according to the judiciary results just published on Fox Sports. Richly deserved I say!

Scotty said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Coxy said:
mick! said:

It's going to be so awesome having him back in a Queensland jersey :D

Will it really? He'll probs be injured agian by origin.

AWWWW!!That's so nasty. [eusa_naugh
I just love Crocker.His passion when playing for Qld is the best. icon_thumbs_u

Jason Stevens was talking on the Gallen incident today on Fox and making sort of excuses but he did say the guy who bit young Carney may go even though there is no video evidence and some players bite themselves to get the other player out.Urgh :!: Belcher said the same thing.
Looks now though that he could be gone for up to 8wks.Doesnt seem right 8for biting and three for ripping an already injured players eyes out :shock: .

The Rock said:
Crocker would have to be the most over-rated forward in the game, after Carl Webb.

Hey now hey now I am thinking you are drunk at present!!!!

Crocker would be an asset to any team. His Grand Final performance last year was a perfect example of toughness!!!

Yeah, he's tough, but I agree with Rocky, he doesn't make many metres, he's not particularly skillful, so he's virtually a passenger when you're in possession. And he'll give at least 1 penalty away for something stupid in defence each game.

He's missing half a lobe in his brain I reckon.

However, with that said, Rocky is still wrong. Anthony Watmough is easily the most overrated forward in the game.

The Rock said:
Anthony Watmough? Over-rated? Maybe a little bit but I still rate him.

Pfft, only because his nickname since last year's Grand Final is MIA, which bears remarkable resemblance to your daughter, who I reckon is tougher than him :P

There's a difference between niggle and injury; there's a proverbial line I think Gallen crossed, and he deserves to spend some time off the paddock because of it.

Cronulla NRL skipper Paul Gallen has copped a three-week ban for raking the face of Gold Coast forward Anthony Laffranchi after pleading guilty to a contrary conduct charge.

The Sharks had risked losing the NSW forward for four games by challenging the charge at the judiciary.

But after viewing video footage of the incident and consulting their legal team on Tuesday morning, the club has announced its decision to take the early plea.

http://news.leaguehq.com.au/guilty-gall ... -22v3.html

I think he was extremely lucky to only get 3 weeks. it should have been moire after grabbing the Titans players balls. as well as reopening the old wound deliberately

The Rock said:
Crocker is tough and aggressive and he really rips in and lifts the team. (Whether it's Melbourne or QLD) But that's about it. He costs his team more points than what he is worth. He'd have to be one of the most penalised players ever.

Total rubbish imo. Yes, he doesnt make the most metres, but as u said he rips in and lifts the team. You also failed to mention how he never gives up and is always going after the ball. I remember one year QLD was getting thrashed by around 30 points, and it looked as if half the team had given up with 20 mins left, then u see crocker pounce on a loose ball, kick it, and chase it all the way to the try line, almost scoring. Its stuff like this, his determination, his aggression and his inability to give up that make me love the bloke!

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • BroncosAlways
  • leon.bott
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • MrMoore
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Spoon
  • azza.79
  • Battler
  • Jazza
  • Lurker
  • Ozired
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.