Billy Slater vs Karmichael Hunt

Frank the Tank said:
the way i see it, when Billy slater plays a 7.5/10 match, thats equivalent to a 9.5/10 of Hunts. sure its noticeably below his best, but its still equal to nearly the best of the other players running around.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Nope, leaving that one.

Alec said:
Slater is a better club footballer, where not as much is required of a player as in rep football. His job is to just run through holes and support other players. At rep football, a lot more is required of you. The defence is a lot tighter, so Slater's speed isn't anywhere as useful as it is in club football. Hunt has a more complete game suited for rep football though - even though he isn't as quick as Slater, he is 1000 times tougher, he gets involved a lot more in attack, he has passing and kicking skills, vision etc. And it shows - Hunt has had a much better rep career than Slater, and he is 3 or 4 years younger too.

So in the end - Slater > Hunt at club football (but really only when his team is doing well, so he looks better than he actually is since he plays for Melbourne). Hunt > Slater at rep football though, and that's where your talents are truly shown IMO.

I actually think most of what you post is garbage, probably cos it usually centres around Ennis being God to all men. However, this post is pretty much 100% what I would have said.

F#ck my black dog Frank, I think Slater is one of the most dynamic, exciting players I've ever seen and I hope I get the chance to see him play live again. I just don't get why you feel the need to tear K down.

Am I missing something in this post? Has Stu's posts been removed?

Hammo said:
Am I missing something in this post? Has Stu's posts been removed?

Stu has been deleted as a member of the forum. Maybe his posts go with it?? Rocky??

Thomas's and Meats are still in threads though. So its a strange one!

Any reason in particular why Frank got the coke and sars?

Dexter said:

He was banned for life on the old forum for being an idiot and just making the place unpleasant. We gave him another chance (in fact we gave him 2) and he blew it. Simple.

Dexter said:

I'm not sure, especially when the admins apparently have 'thick skin' eusa_think [icon_shru Stu was rude in Meats goodbye thread but I think a permanent ban is harsh.

Fair enough, personally I liked to see what he'd been up to but obviously he has pushed a few ppls buttons too many times.

Fantastic. Good to hear he has been banned. A complete stain.

Slater is the best fullback Ive ever seen.

id still take Hunt though.

Sabu_2008 said:
Slater is the best fullback Ive ever seen.

Never watched Darren Lockyer in his fullback days huh?

I did. Infact one of my earliest memories of seeing rugby league on pay TV over here is of Darren Lockyer scoring a length of the field try in 1995. However, what Slater does on a weekly basis is simply phenomenal. Thats just my opinion.

I believe Lockyer has proved himself a more classy player since his shift to 6.

Slater is worth a little more than a piece of shit caught between Lockyer's studs at full back. Slater is good, but Lockyer brings so much more to the table as a full back.

Lockyer is voted the FOGS (and BHQ [icon_lol1. ) greatest QLD origin fullback. EVER!

Slater is good......not a shade on Lockyer. Watch 98 and 00 GF'S.

I can't believe people are now rating Slater as better than Lockyer...sheesh...he must be playing secret games that I haven't seen.

He's good, but so is Stewart and Bowen - they are all in the same class on their days. Maybe not Stewart...but Lockyer, Lockyer was the best of the best of the best.

Active Now

• ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • thenry
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.