Billy Slater vs Karmichael Hunt

I think only Clive Churchill could be considered better, and that's only from hearsay, I haven't seen anything but a few black and white footage highlights of the little master.

Coxy said:
I think only Clive Churchill could be considered better, and that's only from hearsay, I haven't seen anything but a few black and white footage highlights of the little master.

Interesting how both- and correct me if I'm wrong - started and finished their careers as 5/8's.

Churchill is credited as being possibly the first FB who actually set up his outside backs - like Locky.

My research tells me Locky would have been quicker, but Churchill the better defender.

Split decision imo.

As for Hunt, imo he is not in Lockyer's league, and so far, nor is Slater, although for mine, Hunt's stint at FB is more a preparation for his eventual starring role somewhere in the backrow.

Lockyer should, and probably will go down as the best or equal best fullback of all time IMO. Taking on regular fullback duties and executing those perfectly, as well as being an excellent playmaker...that just overshadows what any current fullback is capable of.

Scotty said:
Lockyer should, and probably will go down as the best or equal best fullback of all time IMO.

um....he already has....playing 5/8th means he time in said position has terminated.

Yeah true, but it seems like players get more recognition for what they have achieved throughout their career after they retire.

Sabu_2008 said:
Slater is the best fullback Ive ever seen.

Is the year in "Sabu_2008" related to the time you started watching rugby league?? eusa_think

Reading the first page of this thread...like Coxy is having an imaginary argument baiting Frank, but Frank doesn't have the guts to reply...he he he...funny.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • FACTHUNT
  • thenry
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.