Blair: I don't want to leave Brisbane

Quite possible, although the NRL haven't even settled on a cap figure yet.

If that is the case, I wonder if any of the clubs will challenge the NRL over it and take it much further. The NRL are really screwing clubs over here.

This is a results driven business and clubs can't wait around for a cap figure to re-sign or sign star players. If they do, they miss out on them which has a disastrous effect on clubs.

+1 on the salary cap thing. It's a disaster if the clubs have been signing people with the understanding the cap will be much higher than it turns out to be. I don't see how the NRL can enforce the salary cap to the same standard next year. You can't just draw the line a few months before 2018 kickoff and expect all 480 contracted players and line up in 16 neat groups behind it. That takes time, which has frankly run out. What a shambles.

Honestly, the only way I can see it working is the NRL granting +/- 5% leeway or something like that. It's seems unfair to me to wait until now (or whenever they get around to it) to announce the cap and have clubs offloading players like mad to fit under it.

I can't see how a salary can be enforced for next year at all. We should offer Folau a massive one-year deal.

The money we seem to be saving for isn't to bring a player in. It's to pay Boyd well over his worth, on the field and on open market.

It's a tough situation for Blair.

He wants to stay at the Broncos but he has to take less money if he does. Other clubs such as the Warriors and Knights are throwing big money at him, money that the Broncos can't compete with which is why they have told him to start talking to the other clubs.

I have a feeling Blair will stay, but it wouldn't surprise me if he leaves.

The thing with Graham is he would be commanding equal to what Blair is.

It's a tough situation for Blair.

He wants to stay at the Broncos but he has to take less money if he does. Other clubs such as the Warriors and Knights are throwing big money at him, money that the Broncos can't compete with which is why they have told him to start talking to the other clubs.

I have a feeling Blair will stay, but it wouldn't surprise me if he leaves.

I think it was pete badel that we dont have cap problems next year it is in 2019 where we are trying to get some money together for taylor or someone else and that we wont be able to offer the length of the others or match the money

The thing with Graham is he would be commanding equal to what Blair is.
Yeah was thinking surely we're not after Graham... he's older than Blair and would want more.

They're both forward leaders so that's even although I dare say Blair being kiwi would benefit the Polynesian boys.

Graham clearly offers more in the general prop play by way of meters, hit ups, tackles and minutes, but Blair brings agression, great middle defence, kick pressure (basically the only one in the team) and a deadly offload. He's pretty flexible in playing position as well.

I would prefer Blair over Graham, but he can probably only count on another 2yrs from broncos. I like what broncos have done won't stand in his way if he gets a better deal, but have also put a deal on the table for beyond 2018.

Yeah i would prefer Blair. I have always supported him. I just hope if we do have to let him go we can replace him with as much or more quality

We must be out of brown paper bags in Brisbane. Perhaps they were overused by that city just to the west of us...

We must be out of brown paper bags in Brisbane. Perhaps they were overused by that city just to the west of us...

Yeah they don't seem to cut it anymore which is a mystery given the unlimited salary cap we seem to possess....At least that is what others would make it out to be.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Pablo
  • Culhwch
  • Gaz
  • Browny
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • sooticus
  • Manofoneway
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dreaglor
  • theshed
  • Redfern_1980
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  • Tim K
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.