RANT Bloke In A Bar

Farrrk that is terrifying.

Don't stress, it won't happen. If these blokes were playing with the heart of Canberra we'd be head and shoulders above the rest at the top of the table with the quality in this squad. Sticky might not be the best coach but every year those guys punch above their weight. Kev doesn't have our blokes doing that.

Ta @theshed @BroncsFan

I've gone off the magazine shows/podcasts this season but as a longtime listener, I thought Kemp was tame if anything. If you talk to the average Broncos fan, they're not just disappointed, they're absolutely disgusted with the performances the past couple of weeks and so they should be.

It's going to take a pretty special effort to save face from here. Like Henjak in 2009, it just seems like the writing is on the wall. We all said from the start that Kevie would help pick the club back up but inevitably it was going to end in tears.

My biggest fear is that the club will tolerate this run, just as long as Kevie can keep the club in the finals mix. If he just becomes the Broncos Ricky Stuart, I just don't think they'll ever take the next step.
Kemp was absolutely tame, but by his standards that was an outright spray. He is very cautious of speaking negatively. You could see him paining himself to choose his words carefully.

I completely agree regarding Kev and that’s been my view from the start. I thought he’d be a great caretaker coach to reinstall some broncos pride and break the cycle of negativity - I thought he was very limited in ability and would serve as the friendly grandparent figure while the club searched for a suitable professional.

Imagine my shock when they unnecessarily extended his contract prior to achieving anything.

The issue is, the nice guy approach only gets you so far before the lack of clarity and direction leads to resentment from those you’re leading. It’s that manger who needs everyone to like him but in a professional setting, you need to strive to be respected, not liked.

Does he still have that nonce Bradley Charles Stubbs running around with him?

Watching the news the other night they mentioned that there were heaps of drop balls and not much care factor.

What happened to doing 10 pushups per drop ball or something similar

Nonce, a slang term chiefly used in Britain for alleged or convicted sex offenders, especially ones involving children.
Mate I know what the word means, I was asking why he was making such a disgusting claim against someone that to my knowledge there is no public information stating that he is.

Bloke in a bar is mostly blokes dribbling for 3-4hrs. I don't really value what Kemp says because he's always trying not to offend players or clubs. And when they do talk footy there's not a whole of analysis other than "how greats xyz?" "If you had told me xyz would be doing abc...."

The SOO episodes were pathetic this year. Didn't matter if QLD won or lost they spent over twice as long talking about the NSW team. First game the reasoning was that NSW had lost so focused on what they needed to improve, come second game and they spent most of the podcast gushing over the NSW team.

The only opinion I value on that show is Timmy Williams.

Bloke in a bar is mostly blokes dribbling for 3-4hrs. I don't really value what Kemp says because he's always trying not to offend players or clubs. And when they do talk footy there's not a whole of analysis other than "how greats xyz?" "If you had told me xyz would be doing abc...."

The SOO episodes were pathetic this year. Didn't matter if QLD won or lost they spent over twice as long talking about the NSW team. First game the reasoning was that NSW had lost so focused on what they needed to improve, come second game and they spent most of the podcast gushing over the NSW team.

The only opinion I value on that show is Timmy Williams.

Agreed apart from the Timmy part I think lol. They all have their moments of solid insight for mine.

The quality of the show has definitely dropped this year. I used to listen to the whole thing over the course of the week. These days I have a tendency to skip because they all just start dribbling shit. I love a bit of shit talking but it shouldn't be making up over half of the show. I get why he does it, but Kemp is just far too even when it comes to criticism. I think his profile is big enough now that he can take a straight shot or two at players and coaches these days...but he doesn't. The origin shows were just shithouse.

Apparently, that’s Ciraldo at the Dogs last year and not us. Looking at how they’re going this year with true grit and ‘team first’ mentality, perhaps we should embrace it.
Remember that big kuffufle about that player that claimed unfair treatment from Ciraldo for being late to training? That is a distant memory now. I wonder how Kevvie treats any of our players if they are late for training?

Have listened in pieces, but it's basically an echo chamber of the same positive ideas. Kemp and Guru 99.9% just agree with each other and discuss from there. They are basically the anti-Kent, as they only say positive things. Good idea actually, I'd listen to them more if Kemp and Kent discussed the footy.

Have listened in pieces, but it's basically an echo chamber of the same positive ideas. Kemp and Guru 99.9% just agree with each other and discuss from there. They are basically the anti-Kent, as they only say positive things. Good idea actually, I'd listen to them more if Kemp and Kent discussed the footy.
Haven't listened for ages but what you described reminds me of when Finchy used to be on there. Denan would make a point, and Finchy would say, "100%". Repeat ad nauseam.

Remember that big kuffufle about that player that claimed unfair treatment from Ciraldo for being late to training? That is a distant memory now. I wonder how Kevvie treats any of our players if they are late for training?

He's suing the Dogs for $4 million.

Look, for me part of the answer lies in the gutting of our forward depth.

Why is that important? Because its affected our team defence.

Last season, you had Payne, Paddy, Flegs, and a host of bench props steamrolling us up the field. We would then launch nukes at the opposition even if we were 80-90 metres away from their goal line.

That combination, of trying to match our go forward AND constantly running back onside due to the amount of line breaks we created, improved us defensively.

Simply because we put more fatigue into a opposition than any other team.

And thus, our goal line defence looked - good! The best in the NRL in fact. But thats why.

We were not put on the back foot in the middle by anyone, we were not constantly rushing back in defence to cover yet another line break.

The cost of this though is complaceny stepped in. It's been taken for granted our forwards will "always" provide the platform.

It's been assumed that we can "always" create breaks and half breaks from anywhere (kinda still true at times this year).

We just havent been able to consistently get over the advantage line. We do not have the forward depth.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Culhwch
  • Gaz
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • kwomo
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.