COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

Man, that was a clinic from Volk. Almost looked in trouble for a second in the third round then just went up another gear and just physically dominated Yair.

Man, that was a clinic from Volk. Almost looked in trouble for a second in the third round then just went up another gear and just physically dominated Yair.
think he gets islam makhachev rematch after

And that's exactly what has happened, stepping up a couple of weight divisions to face Canelo. WBO saying he has to face Tszyu by September 30 or be stripped of his title, but watch them give him an exemption now. They could make a good earn out of the Charlo vs Canelo fight.

I think he doesn't want to face Tszyu.

Thats a bit simplistic to say he doesnt want to fight Tszyu. Canelo is a bigger draw and better fighter than Tim and if he beats Canelo he's making history. 2 fighters who both hold all the belts. Charlo can make history if he beats Canelo. Thats way bigger than fighting Tim Tszyu. He's got a lot of detractors with his big mouth Charlo, but you cant knock him for taking on Canelo.

Made the interim champ look like a contest winner.

Hell yeah, Volk. Sad for Whittaker though.

Volk is just next level - imagine if he used that wrestle against Max!

Interesting to see what he does next.
I don't think he gets an Islam rematch straight away - Gaethje/Poirier and Charles Oliveira are both in line as well so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

Disappointing for Whittaker, but DDP looks like a beast. I'm not sure I can see him beating Izzy though.

Dan Hooker is a weapon and the Moreno/Pantoja fight was great.

Volk is just next level - imagine if he used that wrestle against Max!

Interesting to see what he does next.
I don't think he gets an Islam rematch straight away - Gaethje/Poirier and Charles Oliveira are both in line as well so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

Disappointing for Whittaker, but DDP looks like a beast. I'm not sure I can see him beating Izzy though.

Dan Hooker is a weapon and the Moreno/Pantoja fight was great.
like dana said he is at a point in his career where they cant knock him back on what he wants to do
FW is just a level behind at this point.

like dana said he is at a point in his career where they cant knock him back on what he wants to do
FW is just a level behind at this point.
True. I think Charles saying he won't be ready by the time Islam wants to fight might give Volk an in for a rematch this year. Just have to see how Gaethje and Poirier winds up though I guess. I think the fact they have both lost multiple title fights before (both lost to Khabib and Charles in title fights) might work in Volks favour.

2 really disappointing performances in the octagon on the weekend which were hard to watch. Whittaker and Adesanya.

Active Now

• Bish
  • LittleDavey
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrslong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Behold
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • simplythebest
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • Painin the Haas
  • Foordy
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.