COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

To be honest I'm not sure getting punched in the head repeatedly does more damage than listening to Gus waffling on or not.

Occaisionally Gus does have some thing interesting to say .
Few and far between but he does have some upside .

20 odd years of Rugby League collisions and 5 years of boxing he will be lucky if he doesn`t get affected negatively .
I listened to a neuro surgeon on the ABC one Saturday . He said 5 yrs of AFL = probable brain injury . 10 years def brain injury and early Alzheimer's a strong possibility .

Kambosos Jr loses his title to Haney.

Haney didn’t even look like losing. He controlled that fight well and Kambosos was simply outboxed. It showed the gap between the two boxers and why Kambosos never should have given him the fight just yet.

Kambosos Jr loses his title to Haney.

Haney didn’t even look like losing. He controlled that fight well and Kambosos was simply outboxed. It showed the gap between the two boxers and why Kambosos never should have given him the fight just yet.
I didn’t think kambosos looked that convincing against Lopez and kind of rode the hype afterwards much like Jeff Horn did after his pacquiao fight.

Volkanovski vs Holloway 3. Two of the best featherweights facing off again. I feel like volkanovski is on fire at the moment and will put Holloway away this time. Hope I’m wrong though, max is my favourite fighter

Volkanovski vs Holloway 3. Two of the best featherweights facing off again. I feel like volkanovski is on fire at the moment and will put Holloway away this time. Hope I’m wrong though, max is my favourite fighter
Good luck man, im backing Volk all the way, although Max looked in the zone in the presser and weight in.

This whole card is fucking stacked, Periera is a monster and is going to kill Strickland, then destroy Izzy like he did pre-UFC.
Izzy will probably get Cannonier.
O'Malley should get the W as well.

Izzy walking out to the Undertaker music with his hat and urn

Izzy walking out to the Undertaker music with his hat and urn
Just a shame his fights are rubbish. Hopefully Periera flogs him as Izzy is a very boring champion. I get why he fights that way but its going to become harder and harder to sell his fights if he doesn't get into proper scraps or finishes people.
Volk on another level compared to Max and really took pleasure in showing it yesterday with ease. He had fun with a few reporters yesterday after the fight that were calling him a fake champion.

Just a shame his fights are rubbish. Hopefully Periera flogs him as Izzy is a very boring champion. I get why he fights that way but its going to become harder and harder to sell his fights if he doesn't get into proper scraps or finishes people.
Volk on another level compared to Max and really took pleasure in showing it yesterday with ease. He had fun with a few reporters yesterday after the fight that were calling him a fake champion.

Izzy is kind of like Floyd Mayweather in a lot of ways. Incredible skillset but his fights generally arent entertaining.

Izzy is kind of like Floyd Mayweather in a lot of ways. Incredible skillset but his fights generally arent entertaining.
I think pereira will murder izzy to be honest. The bloke is a killer and has already set up shop in izzys head.

And the biggest issue for Izzy is the amount of casual fans MMA has. They aren't there to see him leg kick his way to a points win.

And the biggest issue for Izzy is the amount of casual fans MMA has. They aren't there to see him leg kick his way to a points win.
And neither is White. The better the fight the more he pays you. McGregor got paid well because he went out there and fought. There was plenty of action in every fight and the fans lapped it up. Its not a good look when your champion gets boo'd for inactivity inside the cage.

It was a pretty shocking look with fans leaving after rounds 3 and 4.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Tmac
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.