COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

Gallen makes no secret he is a prize fighter . Taking fights that create public interest or in this case a gimmick against Qlders.
Hodgo rates his right hand but can't box for shit and Hannant is worse.
Unless Hannant goes first and wears him down I can't see Hodgo beating him.
I can't believe I'm posting this but I almost hope Hodgo gets knocked out as much as I hope Gallen does. He is a bit if a dick.
Hodges was my favourite player back in the day. But it’s been heartbreaking to realise he was all talk when it came to the threats of fighting in origin etc.

Thoughts on Hodgo having a massive whinge about the ref stopping his fight against Gallen.....?

He clearly was giving it to Gallen in the early rounds.....but equally, was clearly running out of puff in the latter rounds. Gallen being the pro.....was starting to get on top and was landing repeated good head shots.....

Cop it sweet Hodgo.....don;t be a fuckwit. You lost.....

Thoughts on Hodgo having a massive whinge about the ref stopping his fight against Gallen.....?

He clearly was giving it to Gallen in the early rounds.....but equally, was clearly running out of puff in the latter rounds. Gallen being the pro.....was starting to get on top and was landing repeated good head shots.....

Cop it sweet Hodgo.....don;t be a fuckwit. You lost.....
Peptide Paul is lucky really Hodgo didnt go down from his illegal shot, instant DQ if he did.

Didn’t see this fight but remember watching hodgo in his first boxing match and thinking he looked like a danger to himself. Didn’t have much of a guard.

Hodges was my favourite player back in the day. But it’s been heartbreaking to realise he was all talk when it came to the threats of fighting in origin etc.
Huge difference between throwing handbags on a footy field and actually boxing. Obvious overlaps but complete different things.

Especially fighting guys who have trained specifically for boxing verses other random footy players.

Mayweather is probably the best technical boxer of all time and plenty of guys who are built like footy players and have a bit of go in them would flog him in a street fight

Huge difference between throwing handbags on a footy field and actually boxing. Obvious overlaps but complete different things.

Especially fighting guys who have trained specifically for boxing verses other random footy players.

Mayweather is probably the best technical boxer of all time and plenty of guys who are built like footy players and have a bit of go in them would flog him in a street fight
I agree but imagine if someone actually had a swing at him on the field. He seemed invincible but in reality wouldn’t have lasted. From a technical point of view Hodges had no power behind his punches. He used to have a really long reach when fending for footy but looked like he had no length at all when boxing. Good on him for having a go but it doesn’t seem to be his sport.

I agree but imagine if someone actually had a swing at him on the field. He seemed invincible but in reality wouldn’t have lasted. From a technical point of view Hodges had no power behind his punches. He used to have a really long reach when fending for footy but looked like he had no length at all when boxing. Good on him for having a go but it doesn’t seem to be his sport.
Mate, he’s 40 years old and probably in the worst shape of his life and still dropped Gallen who has made a career out of being okay at boxing but extremely tough. Hodgo did alright for an amateur he just didn’t have the gas tank to keep it up and the fight was all over the moment he got chinned in what should’ve been a DQ victory.

I agree that he’s definitely no boxer. No shame in Hodges performance. I mean outside of the entire night being an embarrassment for the sport as a whole.

I also think you are remembering Hodges invincibility with rose tinted glasses.

Mate, he’s 40 years old and probably in the worst shape of his life and still dropped Gallen who has made a career out of being okay at boxing but extremely tough. Hodgo did alright for an amateur he just didn’t have the gas tank to keep it up and the fight was all over the moment he got chinned in what should’ve been a DQ victory.

I agree that he’s definitely no boxer. No shame in Hodges performance. I mean outside of the entire night being an embarrassment for the sport as a whole.

I also think you are remembering Hodges invincibility with rose tinted glasses.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Casey mcguire incident lol. He should have known he couldn’t fight after that incident!

How's the penalties in that match. 8-0 against us. Unreal. Some things never change.

Justin Hodges has launched legal action in a bid to overturn his controversial loss to Paul Gallen ... arguing Gallen illegally punched him while pushed out over the ropes during the second round of their heavyweight bout.

Hodges also claims that after being struck by said blow, and then taking a knee, he was incorrectly ordered back to his feet by referee Tony Kettlewell. Hodges will argue that, once struck by an illegal blow, he should have received up to five minutes recovery time – and if unable to fight on, been awarded the win.

he didn't complain afterwards but has now launched the legal action on the advice of his fight team

during the commentary, Jeff Fenech said:

“He was pushed over the rope and hit. How illegal is it?

“I know they’re football players but ‘wow’.

“If Justin Hodges stays down (there), he wins by disqualification.”

Justin Hodges says:

“What Gal did there was f***ing cheating,” he said.

“He had me back against the ropes, halfway over the ropes, and hit me illegally.

“It was like what Ivan Drago did in Rocky IV.

“I was completely defenceless.”

“So if Gal doesn’t cheat, and if the referee does his job I go on to win,” insists the Queenslander, who was also guaranteed a $1 million rematch purse had he triumphed.

“Immediately after the fight, I never said anything because I had my children with me.

“Plus, I didn’t want to disrespect the sport by whinging.

“But as time has gone on … what happened has just really pissed me off.

“This isn’t about chasing money.

“Gal just did things in that fight you’re not supposed to do.

“There were multiple times where he hit me when you’re not supposed to. I remember him getting his forearm up against my face and trying to tie up my hands.

“But the biggest moment was against the ropes.

“Those punches, they muddled me up.”

Which is when Hodges took a knee.

“But the referee just told me ‘don’t milk it, get up’,” Hodges continued.

“I’ve been told since that I should’ve been given up to five minutes to recover.

“And that if I couldn’t continue, Gal should have been disqualified.

“But because the referee told me to get up, I thought that’s what I had to do. So I got up. But that punch had rocked me and you could then see the flow on effect because of what happened there.

“It was cheating.

“And that’s why I’ve lodged an appeal.”

Asked if he was concerned the fight may not take place, he said:

“I’ve agreed and I’m thankful Gal has also said yes.

“So now that is all up to (promoters) No Limit.

“But still, every time I watch our first fight back, it irritates me.

“I’ve wanted to fight the guy for a very long time and, when it finally happened, I believe I should have won.”

Justin Hodges has launched legal action in a bid to overturn his controversial loss to Paul Gallen ... arguing Gallen illegally punched him while pushed out over the ropes during the second round of their heavyweight bout.

Hodges also claims that after being struck by said blow, and then taking a knee, he was incorrectly ordered back to his feet by referee Tony Kettlewell. Hodges will argue that, once struck by an illegal blow, he should have received up to five minutes recovery time – and if unable to fight on, been awarded the win.

he didn't complain afterwards but has now launched the legal action on the advice of his fight team

during the commentary, Jeff Fenech said:

“He was pushed over the rope and hit. How illegal is it?

“I know they’re football players but ‘wow’.

“If Justin Hodges stays down (there), he wins by disqualification.”

Justin Hodges says:

“What Gal did there was f***ing cheating,” he said.

“He had me back against the ropes, halfway over the ropes, and hit me illegally.

“It was like what Ivan Drago did in Rocky IV.

“I was completely defenceless.”

“So if Gal doesn’t cheat, and if the referee does his job I go on to win,” insists the Queenslander, who was also guaranteed a $1 million rematch purse had he triumphed.

“Immediately after the fight, I never said anything because I had my children with me.

“Plus, I didn’t want to disrespect the sport by whinging.

“But as time has gone on … what happened has just really pissed me off.

“This isn’t about chasing money.

“Gal just did things in that fight you’re not supposed to do.

“There were multiple times where he hit me when you’re not supposed to. I remember him getting his forearm up against my face and trying to tie up my hands.

“But the biggest moment was against the ropes.

“Those punches, they muddled me up.”

Which is when Hodges took a knee.

“But the referee just told me ‘don’t milk it, get up’,” Hodges continued.

“I’ve been told since that I should’ve been given up to five minutes to recover.

“And that if I couldn’t continue, Gal should have been disqualified.

“But because the referee told me to get up, I thought that’s what I had to do. So I got up. But that punch had rocked me and you could then see the flow on effect because of what happened there.

“It was cheating.

“And that’s why I’ve lodged an appeal.”

Asked if he was concerned the fight may not take place, he said:

“I’ve agreed and I’m thankful Gal has also said yes.

“So now that is all up to (promoters) No Limit.

“But still, every time I watch our first fight back, it irritates me.

“I’ve wanted to fight the guy for a very long time and, when it finally happened, I believe I should have won.”
He’s completely correct but the whole thing is so embarrassing I wouldn’t recommend bringing more attention to any of it

Active Now

• bazza
  • Spoon
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.