COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

Would love to see Whittaker take on Peirera, RW finishes him inside 3, IMO. But we will see the rematch and see winner of RW/Costa.

Hodges needs to stop boxing. The trash talk is a bit cringey when you can’t back it up.
Most cringe worthy was the way Hodgo whinged and whined to the referee all night about Gallen's "foul shots" to the back of the head.......

Accidental shit like that happens all the time.

All Hodgo managed to do, was make Gallen look like less of a shitcunt than he really is.

Fury totalling dominating Chisora here. I know Chisora isn't anything special, but man Fury is some boxer. Pure class.

Fury totalling dominating Chisora here. I know Chisora isn't anything special, but man Fury is some boxer. Pure class.
I think he is the GOAT. I don't see any boxer in their prime of any era beating him.

I think he is the GOAT. I don't see any boxer in their prime of any era beating him.
That's a huge call. I've always been of the opinion that prime Tyson would have beaten anyone. He had more knockout power than any boxer I've ever seen in any weight division. And just as importantly, he could take a serious punch too.
At some stage, he'd land one on you, and then it's goodnight.

I think he is one of the best, but at the same time the calibre of fighters at heavyweight isnt great. When you look that Wilder has basically become a champion based of one punch it does show how weak the heavyweight division is. He's got no boxing skills, no footwork yet he still made it to the top but when he came up against a fighter with skills, size and strength in Fury he was exposed badly.

That's a huge call. I've always been of the opinion that prime Tyson would have beaten anyone. He had more knockout power than any boxer I've ever seen in any weight division. And just as importantly, he could take a serious punch too.
At some stage, he'd land one on you, and then it's goodnight.
They said that about Wilder too. Fury got up a few times. I think Mike Tyson is one of the most ferocious boxers of all time, and he is also one of the most over-rated because of this.
Prime Tyson destroys anyone.
Tell me who prime Tyson won against? He lost against all elite competition.

Yeah the thing about Tyson is he doesn't beat anyone of note past 1990. I get that it's the prime argument but longevity should always play a factor. It's why flash in the pans are never considered more than a novelty.

I think a prime Fury struggles with a prime Klitchsko to be honest. Don't get me wrong I love him as a fighter but there have been a lot of absolute mega star heavyweight champs who could all fight.

Also, a prime Tyson doesn't stand up to a lot of true heavyweights. When he won the title, the division was at its weakest point in quite some time and he never really beat anyone of note. People see the knockouts he produced but in reality a lot of them were complete bums with no real proper records. His biggest win of note was arguably Spinks and he was really a light heavyweight fighter who had to step up to heavyweight because he had no competition.

Tyson was his own worst enemy really. When he should have been at his peak, his lifestyle took any chance of him having a much better career away from him. If he had Cus D'amato keeping him level headed i think he would have beaten most of the better fighters he lost to. Too many people took advantage of him imo.

Tyson was his own worst enemy really. When he should have been at his peak, his lifestyle took any chance of him having a much better career away from him. If he had Cus D'amato keeping him level headed i think he would have beaten most of the better fighters he lost to. Too many people took advantage of him imo.

Not just Cus .
He pissed off Teddy Atlas who was his coach . To the point where Teddy fired a gun just past Tyson `s ear to make his point .

Active Now

• bazza
  • Mustafur
  • broncos4life
  • big k
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.