Boyd impressed Bennett as Brisbane captain

Smith doesn't sook after every tackle like Boyd does, or shy away from a hard run when required. Congrats on missing the point entirely.

Boyd played no differently in 2017 than his previous 2 season ... and damn near everyone wanted him as captain.

H
I often wonder why Hodges got the tap on the shoulder while some of our other veterans didn't. Was he taking up alot of cap space? I thought he still would have had a year at the top of his game left in him.
Hodges didn't get a tap, he left on his own accord as did Parker and Lockyer that were also on the top of there game and played a couple more years.

what the hell are you going on about ...

he wasn't even close to the biggest "sook" of all captains in the NRL.

that title probably goes to Smith, a guy who is rated as the best captain in the game by many people. (honourable mention to Gallen)

He does get up after every tackle shaking his head at the ref though, something that actually disappeared from his game in 2015/16. Regarding Smith, he's a ref pest but he doesn't get up after getting hit with the look of a petulant child.

Boyd and Milf both get up shaking their heads way too often. Granted a lot of those times a penalty should have been awarded but we are the Broncos

Smith doesn't sook after every tackle like Boyd does, or shy away from a hard run when required. Congrats on missing the point entirely.

I have very ambivalent feelings about Smith and his ethics but he is a very good captain. Smith might argue decisions but he is like having a barrister on the field. And it works. Making reasoned and clever arguments and keeping refs off balance is very different to whining because you don’t like the decision.

Not so sure what Boyd brings to the role and not sure Boyd as captain and Bennet as coach can be honest with each other for the good of the team.

Boyd and Milf both get up shaking their heads way too often. Granted a lot of those times a penalty should have been awarded but we are the Broncos

Yes and one is learning from the other, or ought to be.

Agreed and its something that needs to be addressed, though I tend to think Milford is more guilty of it, seriously the amount of times he has the ball and focuses more on milking then playing the ball is getting out of hand.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • something
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
  • Fatboy
  • kman
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • Mister Wright
  • Rowdy124
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • Waynesaurus
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.