NEWS Boyd: my lucky number's one

I was showing respect, respect for her rig
Don't know who this character is, billy- Mitchell. Sent me an abusive pm. Completely random, just joined today. Never heard of or from him before.

I think that was the best game Darbs has played for us in over two years. Having said that, it was not RTS or Tedesco type footy. However, not wisshing to take anything away from his four try assists last night he has set himself a very low standard to surpass at present. Hope he is able to remain this consistent for the rest of the year. We desperately need to get some semblance of a functioning spine for next year. Having Darbs there for the rest of the year might allow us to bed in Dearden, (MIlf?) Turps and Paix. I question Milf as i think he is past his use by date and I'd rather see Paix or even SOS (when fit) having a run there.

Last edited:
I want to preface this by saying I do think he has been better this season.

But... how many times over the last 2 or so years has he trotted out the “I know I can be better” line.

Not only does it wear a bit thin after a while, but hearing it, ad-nauseam, for the last couple of years also fuels the resentment people have toward him not retiring.
Based on his performance last night, I have to say he was better again last night and I went off too early.

Easily the best Boyd we’ve seen in a long time. I’m not saying he was elite, but credit where it’s due. He was involved, revving the boys up and setting up tries - he couldn’t have done a lot more.

If he stays at 1, which he should, and continues to play like he did last night then I am happy to eat humble pie.

Last edited:
If he stays at 1, which he should, and continues to play like he did last night then I am happy to eat humble pie.
My take on it is a little different.

It is now very obvious he's been passively-aggressively going through the motions ever since Seibold arrived. Last night's game demonstrated he's been capable of much more than what we've been seeing. What we got last night was an NRL standard footballer in his position. He wasn't Tedesco-level good, but he was good enough to make any mid table team as fullback, without copping shit for being a dead weight and an embarrassment. It was the Darius Boyd we thought we were signing.

That's compounded by this today in the CM, which names him as fittest in the club. I mean, seriously, what the **** have we been watching unfold with this UTTER ****. He has resisted pressure from his coach, fans, past players, and every commentator to lift his game, and only now, when gets his old position back and he's winding down to his testimonial match and thinking about his move into the media or whatever does he decide to pull his finger out.

Screenshot 2020 08 01 Revealed Every NRL clubs fastest fittest and strongest

So yes, he put in the performance we'd expect from a veteran marquee player in his last few games but seriously, he can get fucked for making us endure the shit that went before it.

Meanwhile his team has been accused of lack of leadership, finds itself at the bottom of the table and the coach being sacked. Great timing, you massive fucking dildo.

Darius, you're a fucking ****. Our position on the table is a reflection of what a cancer you've been on this club.

McHunt

Last edited:
Yes credit where it's due, he actually contributed last night. The sulking gap in the field he's been up until last night will hopefully not be back once he gets comfortable.

However I'm worried that the arm-flinging, ref-beseeching non-tackler is not that far under the surface as evidenced by that embarrassing, pathetic dive he took which simply allowed their line to get set as we were coming out of trouble.

Last edited:
Yes credit where it's due, he actually contributed last night. The sulking gap in the field he's been up until last night will hopefully not be back once he gets comfortable.

However I'm worried that the arm-flinging, ref-beseeching non-tackler is not that far under the surface as evidenced by that embarrassing, pathetic dive he took which simply allowed their line to get set as we were coming out of trouble.
I think he got what he wanted - to white-ant the coach - and now the season is dead he can retire on a high looking like a champion.

Mind you, the coach should've recognized this from the outset and dropped his ass, so Pies got what was coming anyway.

Last edited:

It is now very obvious he's been passively-aggressively going through the motions ever since Seibold arrived. Last night's game demonstrated he's been capable of much more than what we've been seeing. What we got last night was an NRL standard footballer in his position. He wasn't Tedesco-level good, but he was good enough to make any mid table team as fullback, without copping shit for being a dead weight and an embarrassment. It was the Darius Boyd we thought we were signing.

That's compounded by this today in the CM, which names him as fittest in the club. I mean, seriously, what the **** have we been watching unfold with this UTTER ****. He has resisted pressure from his coach, fans, past players, and every commentator to lift his game, and only now, when gets his old position back and he's winding down to his testimonial match and thinking about his move into the media or whatever does he decide to pull his finger out.

View attachment 9080

So yes, he put in the performance we'd expect from a veteran marquee player in his last few games but seriously, he can get fucked for making us endure the shit that went before it.

Meanwhile his team has been accused of lack of leadership, finds itself at the bottom of the table and the coach being sacked. Great timing, you massive fucking dildo.

Darius, you're a fucking ****. Our position on the table is a reflection of what a cancer you've been on this club.

McHunt
I don’t have any comment to make regarding your theory.

What I will say is that for such a strong bloke in the gym, Ofahengaue is as soft as pillows on the field.

He also has an incredibly low football IQ. Haas must be livid knowing they’re on the same coin...

About Darius, and what Darius said, Joel Gould on nrl.com

"Boyd left nothing in the tank in his best game of the year and was talking to his teammates in defence all night about where to be positionally. He was leading them to water, but he couldn't make them drink.

The defensive line fell apart late on and Boyd said some players had stopped talking. He also wondered out loud whether some players were just satisfied being in the Broncos team."

And there's a lot more

"At the moment, a lot of the guys are still learning and when we conceded a few tries we weren't talking and that's the key. You don't talk for one play because great players like Shaun Johnson and Wade Graham will find you out."

When asked whether he thought he would play in his favourite position of fullback for the rest of the year, Boyd said to "ask the coach".

Last edited:

View attachment 9080

McHunt
McHunts been getting stuck into the angry pills

I think the armchair psychologists are wrong again unfortunately. Boyd was playing poorly in Bennett's last year, so there's probably more to it than just spite.
Wayne probably told him he had to stay behind.

I think he got what he wanted - to white-ant the coach - and now the season is dead he can retire on a high looking like a champion.

Mind you, the coach should've recognized this from the outset and dropped his ass, so Pies got what was coming anyway.
If he was white anting the coach then great work Boyd, you saved us three or possibly more years of Seibold.

Occams razor - he was injured and mentally cooked, he’s realised he’s not injured anymore and isn’t as scared to put his body on the line.
Occam was a bum: his "razor" favours the personal bias in believing your own explanation is the most obvious one. Bringing you back to square one.

If he was white anting the coach then great work Boyd, you saved us three or possibly more years of Seibold.

He is a club champion after all. All these years of copping abuse has been to cut out the coach who was never up to it. That’s a captain taking a bucket load for the club then?

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.