Boyd to Titans

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Just heard on the radio he is likely to announce today he's off to the Titans.

When confirmed I will be shattered as I really rate Boyd and the improvement he has made in his game. He is a fullback first and foremost and I hope that is where he plays for the Titans. [icon_thumbs_do [icon_thumbs_do

I'm worried to say this but I think there is more to come unfortunately, and I don't think Folou is the whole reason these guys are all leaving, current players who have had massive upgrades have also contributed to us being under salary cap pressure.

This would really be a devestating loss I think.

I'd like to know how the Tits are keeping their squad under the cap.

No surprise players are leaving, nothing to do with us getting Folau and not having enough money for others, If only it was possible to keep WB at this club forever..

Dexter said:
I'd like to know how the Tits are keeping their squad under the cap.

They have a fair bit of low paid dross in that side.

Said it before and I'll say it again, very interesting times ahead. Brace yourselves!

Another one bites the dust hey, dumb decision if you ask me he will be third in line for the 1 jersey behind Presto who recently resigned and Zillman. If he is happy playing centre though it will be a great move for him.

Hrmm, I've been a very harsh harsh critic of Boyd over the last few years- but this year he has really found his feet and is starting to iron out all the shit I hated out of his game, I think he has been really good this year and it will be such a shame to see yet another player building their career here and taking a jump!

I think WB started it, the falou thing helped it along and the money issue has been like throwing gasoline on a brush fire.

WB needs a boot in the butt for doing his thing the way he has, the CEO has himself to blame as much as anyone else, and the players, well I had hoped that the club might have meant more to them.

Wooden spoon had to come some time.

Cullen is as much to blame as Bennett. Cullen handles all the official contract handling. Bennett has a big influence in it, yes, but I hold Cullen responsible before Bennett.

Even with the exodus the Broncos won't be adding a spoon to the trophy cabinet, though top 8 won't be guaranteed like it has been most other years.

Worst possible time for Sydney to be having a financial crisis. An increase in the salary cap would be lovely!

That's the frustrating thing, the Broncos can AFFORD to pay all the players what they want. But they're not allowed.

Titans must be having alot of trouble to stay under the cap. Seriously.

Webcke said:
Titans must be having alot of trouble to stay under the cap. Seriously.

They must have a hat.

But why Frank? They're all nuffies aren't they? :P

Frank the Tank said:
WB leaving isnt the reason these people are leaving - theyre leaving because they can get more money elsewhere, everyone wants to buy broncos players.

losing boyd is a shame, Frank didnt rate him at all for his first year or so but hes really improved since he bulked up.

No it's a combination of more money elsewhere and the fact Wayne Bennett won't be here next year. Up until now players have been willing to stay here for much less with Bennett at the helm. The chance to play under him was a massive part of the package. I think we probably underestimate the impact he's played in keeping players here. The next few years are going to be very interesting. We're definitely not just another club but with the supercoach no longer at the helm it definitely brings us back to the rest of the pack.

Steve said:
Frank the Tank said:
WB leaving isnt the reason these people are leaving - theyre leaving because they can get more money elsewhere, everyone wants to buy broncos players.

losing boyd is a shame, Frank didnt rate him at all for his first year or so but hes really improved since he bulked up.

No it's a combination of more money elsewhere and the fact Wayne Bennett won't be here next year. Up until now players have been willing to stay here for much less with Bennett at the helm. The chance to play under him was a massive part of the package. I think we probably underestimate the impact he's played in keeping players here. The next few years are going to be very interesting. We're definitely not just another club but with the supercoach no longer at the helm it definitely brings us back to the rest of the pack.

Frank hates Bennett, he wanted Bennett gone in 1990.

Frank the Tank said:
Steve said:
Up until now players have been willing to stay here for much less with Bennett at the helm.
thats debateable, not fact. remember, going to another team requires the player and his whole family to move STATE (unless they went to NQ, which is still a good what, 12 hour drive?) which is a big thing to do. didnt see Priddis staying for less money to be with Bennet, or Hodges, or Walker, or any of the other guys we've lost.

If you think Wayne Bennett's influence hasn't convinced players to remain here for less you're living in la la land.

Another one bites the dust. Even though we knew Boyd wasn't going to be staying, its still dissapointing to see him go after the improvement he's shown. Coupled with Kemp's departure, we must now make do with Michaels' dicky knee and 'lead boots' Robinson. How are we going for depth now on the wings?

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.