Boyd to Titans

Frank would've been about 2 years old in 1990.

Hrmmm- on the same token, we will get to see players like Hoffman, Beale etc really try to make a name for themselves. Could be the start of something great- really. We have the talent in the lower grades, it's just about getting them into first grade without any hiccups.

Could be a blessing in disguise... that's all I am saying...

Frank the Tank said:
Steve said:
Up until now players have been willing to stay here for much less with Bennett at the helm.
thats debateable, not fact.

Nar, Stu, actually its fact. Thats why certain players have things about WB in their contracts. But a "Fact" can be such a fickle thing to you so we'll let you off on that one.

Lol, with the amount of Boyd bashing that goes on in these forums, I would have thought peoplpe would be rejoicing. It's funny how he's such a shit player until some other team wants to sign him

Actually mate, most of his critics on here have been impressed by his form so far this season and have said so, hence finally seeing what they would be missing.

Matt Marshall is a downright twat.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

Matt Marshall said:
Boyd yesterday refused to comment on his future and his manager Darryl Mather did not return calls, but it is understood the Titans are in the box seat to lure the Gold Coast junior back to the strip.

Gold Coast has made a push for Boyd but last night denied a deal had formally been struck.

"We expressed an interest in Darius, who is a quality footballer, but there was no formal offer," CEO Michael Searle said. "We haven't heard from Darryl for a couple of weeks and we're in retention mode, not recruitment mode."

So, let me get his logic straight. Neither Boyd or his manager made any comment about his movements, and the CEO of the Gold Coast said no formal offer was made and that they're not really in the market for new players, but yet the Gold Coast are the front runners for his signature...

Matt, you're on drugs.

a good player but i can see a Beale or topou playing in any of the spots left qite easily. not all doom and gloom guys.

I would love him to stay but moving to where he grew up for more money makes sense to me. He was really growing into a reliable part of the team this season.

bigstim179 said:
Lol, with the amount of Boyd bashing that goes on in these forums, I would have thought peoplpe would be rejoicing. It's funny how he's such a shit player until some other team wants to sign him

I agree although most of the Boyd bashers (I have never been one myself) have given him much credit this year and have stepped up and been happy that he has proven them wrong.

I am a self professed Boyd basher, and he hasn't really done much this year to require bashing. It has been great seeing him apply himself, train and succeed. Finally.

Perry on the other hand....

Depth on the wings could be an issue. However as I have said a number of times previously Jharal Yow Yeh is good under the high ball! He also has pace.

He should get a run in the first grade side at the start of next year, ahead of Robinson I think.

Boyd has scored alot of tries off some good work inside this year. His crab runs i will not miss.

Not a the biggest blow for next year.

fenomeno said:
No surprise players are leaving, nothing to do with us getting Folau and not having enough money for others, If only it was possible to keep WB at this club forever..

It can't be nothing to do with us getting Folau. Since we paid money for him, that means we can't pay money for 1 or 2 other players. Also, some players might be threatened by him taking their position / being on more money than them. I think players leaving has quite a bit to do with Folau coming here. But yeah, it's mostly Bennett leaving and the extra money from other teams though.

The fact is Folau is one of the biggest signings the club have ever made.. Alot of players probably don't rate the kid and are disgusted about how much money he will be making. I think the exodous could be a blessing in disguise, I would prefer to have a club full of players who love the club and want the best for the team. I understand why players leave for more money but at the end of the day it won't be worth it for someone like Ben Hannant or Darius Boyd.

Anyone wanting to jump ship because Folau will be on more "undeserved" money is kidding themselves. He is a star and is going to get better, people want to play with guys like Hodges, Locky, Folau etc because they have played at the highest level and can help others get to where they have. Folau is/will be worth every last cent we paid for him both on and off the field.

spoonbled said:
a good player but i can see a Beale or topou playing in any of the spots left qite easily. not all doom and gloom guys.

It has taken Boyd 2 and half years to get to the level where folks here are singing his praises, Kemp has had a couple of good games, Robinson one maybe, before that Tame half a good season, before that Leon Bott who had 3 quarters of a good season.

The point is these players spoonbled are kids and will take ages to hit their straps yet alone please the folks on here that are Bronco supporters (well most of us [icon_wink ), so I think there will be a lot more doom before gloom and as others have said we then have to be able to keep them.

haha leon bott! i remember thinking this kid was the next superstar winger. he scored like 12 tries in about 14 games or something crazy, then he got found out, and now hes the guy who puts the dough into the donut maker at donut king.

the thing i like about izzy is hes (hehe) got a good head on his shoulders, hes not one of those kids whos a party animal and he really seems to love footy, with a player with his mind, and his skills, he really cant go wrong.

Active Now

• Behold
  • bert_lifts
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • thenry
  • broncos4life
  • Manofoneway
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Hoof Hearted
  • jd87
  • Porthoz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Tmac
... and 49 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.