McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

**** that, he won't be there next year IMO

Boyd will call it a day after this season. He is smart enough to know that he is way off the pace and I don't think he'll want to go through another season of unrelenting criticism from the media and fans. The notion that he'll stick around for another payday is ridiculous.

Captains just don't call it quits quietly in the off season. If he's going this season, he'll announce it soon so he can have a home ground send off against the Eels, the week after next.

Last edited:
I do hope when he retires he is given some of field role, preferably with player welfare. He is a wonderful example to young players how turn your life around, when you think back to where he was at St George.
He is also very good at analysing the fullback role and would be good mentoring who plays there, such as an isaako too.

I'm still not seeing how him retiring is going to save us his salary for next year. Isnt he contracted for next year and another in his favour if he wants it? Even if he calls it quits ( which i think he probably should ) then we still have to carry his salary.
[automerge]1566122552[/automerge]
I do hope when he retires he is given some of field role, preferably with player welfare. He is a wonderful example to young players how turn your life around, when you think back to where he was at St George.
He is also very good at analysing the fullback role and would be good mentoring who plays there, such as an isaako too.

He is very well respected and popular amongst the players. An off field role in welfare would be a perfect fit for him imo. He has been through a fair bit in his life and come out of it a better person for it. He has a lot to offer in that sort of role.

Last edited:
I'm still not seeing how him retiring is going to save us his salary for next year. Isnt he contracted for next year and another in his favour if he wants it? Even if he calls it quits ( which i think he probably should ) then we still have to carry his salary.
[automerge]1566122552[/automerge]

He is very well respected and popular amongst the players. An off field role in welfare would be a perfect fit for him imo. He has been through a fair bit in his life and come out of it a better person for it. He has a lot to offer in that sort of role.
I thought that only counted in the current season unless medically retired. A few blokes have run of to super league early and freed up can for their clubs, what's the difference in exiting your contact for no money. Interesting

Inglis would still be getting paid if you couldn't walk away from your contract.

Inglis would still be getting paid if you couldn't walk away from your contract.
I believe the Rabbitohs needed to get the NRL to approve it ... They would have argued medical grounds as well

I thought that only counted in the current season unless medically retired. A few blokes have run of to super league early and freed up can for their clubs, what's the difference in exiting your contact for no money. Interesting

I'm not exactly sure how it all works. Watmough, Matai and Stewart i think had to have their salaries carried on, but Inglis didnt. Being an out of form player on the decline like Boyd isnt grounds to have your contract wiped.

For all the Bennett haters, its probably all his fault because i believe this came about after the Dragons signed up Gasnier on minimum wage on the proviso the following year he got paid his market value, then he promptly retired and they got out of it.

Im certain that south's only carry like 300k of inglis this year on the cap and the only reason the had to get nrl approval was his job at the club that he was given.

Last edited:
The fucked thing is if we were a scum club we would just play the mental health card. Something tells me we're going to do everything by the book though, because these days we love shooting ourselves in the foot for some reason.

I think he is just saying don't take up you player option mate. It frees up around 800k for the year all those guys are off contract. I personally think Boyd will finish up end of next year and not take up his option. If he is going this year the club/coach already knows and it could be why he hasn't been dropped.

Am I the only one who got their hopes up hoping this was about retiring at the end of this year only to be disappointed that we’ll have this plodder on the books for at least another year? 😡

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.