Brett Stewart out for up to 12 weeks

The Rock said:
Agreed Coxy. Gidley is at his best when playing the whole 80!

This is all working out well for NSW. Thurston and Lockyer out of form, question marks over Price, and now Stewart is out and Gidley is definite fullback!

Bring. It. On.

Pfft.

The only question mark over Price is 'how many NSW players is he going to domiante?'

All i can say is suck eggs Stuart. Karma.

Not his fault, but really didn't sit well with me how he has obtained almost hero status the last few weeks..

m1c said:

Not his fault, but really didn't sit well with me how he has obtained almost hero status the last few weeks..

Why? all he did was got drunk. You seem to think there's nothing wrong with it, so he should be a hero for your cause :P

Coxyz said:
The Rock said:
Coxyz said:
LOLZ. Thurston came back to form on Sunday, useless Sharks played him in. Hopefully he continues his revival.

Did you see his first half? It was atrocious.

Rounds 1-5 and first half of round 6 - past.
Second half of round 6 - most recent.

He's on his way back to form. Let's see if he backs up this week.

And LOLZ @ Queenslander. Stewart's not a better "player" than Gidley, he's a better tryscorer/finisher. Gidley will create far more opportunities and provide more support to whatever ratshit halves they pick than Stewart.

I think stewart is a much better fullback (better at positional play, 1 on 1 defense and support play). They couldve had both stewart and gidley in the side, now they can have only one, so its definitely a disadvantage.

Ah, but:

1. Gidley
14. Mateo

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. Stewart
14. Gidley

Gidley's impact off the bench is dependant on the state of the game itself. Mateo is more likely to have an impact if the game is going against NSW.

Gidley is a genuine match winner but needs to be out there for 80 minutes. Mateo has proven to be a match winner (not this season admittedly). Stewart isn't a match winner. He'll score the tries and capitalise on opportunities created for him, but you're not going to get to the end of an Origin game and say "Wow, Stewart was the difference".

Coxyz said:
m1c said:

Why? all he did was got drunk. You seem to think there's nothing wrong with it, so he should be a hero for your cause :P

I'll bite....

All he did was got drunk and allegedly raped a 17 year old. Totally different to what I'm arguing in the other thread.

Plus Stuart is a Manly homo.

Allegedly, therefore I'm not being critical of him for that. Let the courts decide.

However, he got extremely drunk and acted like a dick at a club function, which is why he was suspended for 4 matches. You can argue that that's just a cover story, but that's the NRL's company line and I'm compelled to take them at face value on that.

Apparently he was chasing after some school girls and tripped over one of their schoolbags.

I would have prefered if it was Billy Slater instead, but I guess it's the next best thing.

Coxyz said:
Apparently he was chasing after some school girls and tripped over one of their schoolbags.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Ah well one good thing came out of last weeks game then even though we didnt win.

Beads6 said:
I laughed so hard when I heard the news. HAHAHAHA dirty looking downy.

Hey I think it's time we put a stop to referring to Stewart as a downy.

I think it's really insulting to people who have down's syndrome or know people who have it. to compare them to Brett Stewart is ridiculously insulting to them.

They'd never get boozed up at a club function and (allegedly) attack a girl.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.