Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hi guys,

Finals system is as follows.

WEEK 1 - December 8
Game 1
Spiders and BHQ Crew - BYE
TPD (3) vs Double Pumpers (6) (loser eliminated)
Jets (4) vs Falcons (5) (loser eliminated)

Game 2
Spiders vs Lowest Ranked Winner (most likely Jets)
BHQ Crew vs Highest Ranked Winner (most likely TPD)

Winners to the Grand Final

GRAND FINAL - December 15

Note that because we're game 2, our game will be at 8.30 or 9.15 next Monday.

Please advise ASAP if you can or can't make it. Already assuming AeeBro (injured thumb) and Mike (new baby) will be out. I'll grovel to see if I can get to play.

AeeBro better harden up and play ffs it is only a sore thumb!!! Put your foot down Coxybro your a man wear the pants for a day at least...

Is TPD the team we drew against last week?

Them playing 2 games might actually work for them....either way, I think all we need to tighten is our talking in defence, especially from wing in and we will be right.

Was Tee's thumb that bad? I know he dislocated it, but I thought it just popped back in, so some ice and fine?? It would be sore as hell today however.

Hammo said:
Was Tee's thumb that bad? I know he dislocated it, but I thought it just popped back in, so some ice and fine?? It would be sore as hell today however.

Think it's actually broken - if he'd just see a doctor, he'd know for sure. He couldn't grip the steering wheel with that hand driving home, so it was pretty bad.

Meh, I've been like that with a partial dislocation like Hammo said. But as you say, he needs to get it checked out.

Broken 2 places, I'll cut cast off before the game, don't worry skirts I'll be there...

AeeBro said:
Broken 2 places, I'll cut cast off before the game, don't worry skirts I'll be there...

haha serious?? I always knew you were a real man and would play through the pain barrier..

AeeBro said:

Really? Far out! How did you do it? Trying to take a tag?

No I'm full of shit, its very swollen and turning blue black in some places. I had to modify my drawing style today at work but I got through it, I'll be good to go monday.... unless the Docotor I will go see when the swelling goes down tells me it is broken... *touchwood*

No not a sook its all about timing..... I need time for the swelling to go down, trust me the sucker ballooned over night, and seeing as i don't wanna be stuck at the doctor tomorrow I'll go Thursday some time....... promise...... hahahaha

OK, confirmed:

BHQ Crew vs Highest Winner (likely TPD) 7.45pm this Monday
WINNER THROUGH TO THE GRAND FINAL!!!!

So,I'm playing. However nobody answered my question last time;

is TPD the team we drew against 2 games ago?

The only reason we have drawn against these guys is because of our defence. We really need to mark up from the wings this week coming. For some reason, once our wingers tell the links who they have, the links don't pass the info on.

If we talk it up, and also if we cover for guys that make 2 or 3 tags in a row (by pushing them one out and sliding one in when in the defensive line), we should beat them.

The other thing we have done in the last 2 games, is we are trying to break the line every single play. Even when we are 10 metres out of our own tryline, we need settlers who ruck it up (I'm not saying dump the ball liek in touch, however, ruck it up and be prepared to stop and play the ball very quickly, obviously, if you ruck it to the line, you're got very little chance of getting through so be ready to play the ball).

We can and will score against them, just got to tighten defence and get to halway before throwing it around IMO.

If I can get there I'll put my hand up to play the majority of my time at dummy half, particularly getting out of trouble so we can get that roll on.

So who have we got for the team this Monday ?? Is coxybro allowed out of the house... Is tee going to play through the pain??

At this stage Tee is playing, Coxy is in doubt and won't be confirmed til kickoff, and Ghibli is out looking after a new bub.

Other than that, nobody else has said they're not playing so I'm expecting a full show up.

good subs are our friend this Monday.. Whatever happened to Bfoords mate?? Did a SBW by the looks of things.

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.