Brisbane Broncos 2014 Draw

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That season-opening match, likely to be in Sydney, and the rest of the Broncos draw will be released at 10am Qld time tomorrow on Official Site of the NRMA Insurance Broncos | 2014 Membership on sale now.

Round
OpponentDateTimeVenue
BulldogsFriday, 7 March 201420:05ANZ Stadium
CowboysFriday, 14 March 201419:40Suncorp Stadium
3RoostersFriday, 21 March 201419:40Suncorp Stadium
4DragonsFriday, 28 March 201420:00WIN Stadium
5EelsFriday, 4 April 201419:40Suncorp Stadium
6TitansFriday, 11 April 201419:40Skilled Park
7KnightsFriday, 18 April 201419:40Hunter Stadium
8RabbitohsFriday, 25 April 201419:40Suncorp Stadium
9CowboysFriday, 9 May 201419:401300SMILES Stadium
10TitansFriday, 16 May 201419:40Suncorp Stadium
11Wests TigersSaturday, 24 May 201419:30Campbelltown Stadium
12Sea EaglesSunday, 1 June 201415:00Suncorp Stadium
13RaidersMonday, 9 June 201419:00GIO Stadium
15WarriorsSaturday, 21 June 201419:30Mt Smart Stadium
16SharksFriday, 27 June 201419:40Suncorp Stadium
18PanthersMonday, 14 July 201419:00Centrebet Stadium
19WarriorsSaturday, 19 July 201419:30Suncorp Stadium
20StormFriday, 25 July 201419:40Suncorp Stadium
21Sea EaglesTBATBABrookvale Oval
22BulldogsTBATBASuncorp Stadium
23RabbitohsTBATBAANZ Stadium
24KnightsTBATBASuncorp Stadium
25DragonsTBATBASuncorp Stadium
26StormTBATBAAAMI Park

Credit to Porthoz for the table.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be able to go to about four games. Gutted we're not playing the Roosters at Allianz.

That is hell of a lot of Friday night games. I can understand why other clubs get upset about the NRL scheduling us so consistently on FTA Thursdays/Fridays - good for viewing public and sponsors - but what they don't consider is that Friday night games don't allow for the expansive game plans that a dry and sunny afternoon game does. It also limits families from attending games. I'd prefer a lot more SaturdaySunday afternoon games, and I'm sure the players would too.

The one benefit of Friday night games for the players is that they get the weekend off, and a fairly consistent week to recover. It's a mixed bag really. Either way, I do enjoy watching Friday night footy at home.
Yeah but that doesn't fit in with the meme that the Broncos are looked after by the NRL and have a huge advantage over everyone else.
I've often wondered why the Sydney journos fail to mention that because of the glut of Sydney teams, they have to travel far less than other teams.

That is hell of a lot of Friday night games. I can understand why other clubs get upset about the NRL scheduling us so consistently on FTA Thursdays/Fridays - good for viewing public and sponsors - but what they don't consider is that Friday night games don't allow for the expansive game plans that a dry and sunny afternoon game does. It also limits families from attending games. I'd prefer a lot more SaturdaySunday afternoon games, and I'm sure the players would too.

The one benefit of Friday night games for the players is that they get the weekend off, and a fairly consistent week to recover. It's a mixed bag really. Either way, I do enjoy watching Friday night footy at home.

I'd say the younger ones definitely don't. Broncos players are only allowed to drink the night after a game, so that means consistent drunken Saturday nights all year

Yeah but that doesn't fit in with the meme that the Broncos are looked after by the NRL and have a huge advantage over everyone else.
I've often wondered why the Sydney journos fail to mention that because of the glut of Sydney teams, they have to travel far less than other teams.

AGENDAS

true, although its still a massive advantage over all other non sydney teams.

And compared to auckland NQ, canberra, and melbourne, you usually have a gc away game which isnt really travelling.

10 straight Friday night games? yeah it's gets good ratings and plenty of revenue but I enjoy a good afternoon match at a sunny Lang Park.

And it's smackbang in the middle of Origin, so both us and the scum will probably be fielding the reserve grades...

And compared to auckland NQ, canberra, and melbourne, you usually have a gc away game which isnt really travelling.
Not sure what that has to do with what I said. But anyway, one "close" game barely compares with nine Sydney teams and then Newcastle and Canberra not too far away.
By the way, are the Faders still going with the "away" home games this year?

For those interested...

Origin affected games (ie Players are in camp)
Round 11 vs. Tigers
BYE
BYE

"Back up" games (ie games following Origin)
Origin I: vs. Manly @ Suncorp
Origin II: vs Warriors @ Mt. Smart
Origin III: vs. Penrith @ Centrebet

Warriors game aside, good result for the boys.

On paper, I actually think it's a pretty tough draw for the boys. Especially the back end of the season where the easiest match is against the Dragons...and they could be a very decent side come 2014.

Last edited:
How many players will we actually lose to Origin this year? It may for the first time ever work in our favour playing high performing teams during Origin.

At the most if QLD's worst case scenario doesn't strike;

Justin Hodges
Sam Thiaday
Corey Parker
Martin Kennedy

I'd imagine Gillett will sow up one bench spot.

Hannant would also be before Kennedy if fit and even then McGuire will challenge Kennedy for a bench spot.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • kman
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manlyman
  • Fitzy
  • phoenix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.